T-Mobile

Updated Jul 23, 2014

3.4 2,064 reviews

T-Mobile CEO John Legere

John Legere

Pros
  • A pretty good work life balance and a comfortable place to work(in 100 reviews)

• Great benefits opportunity to grow and make alot of money in commission in the right store(in 282 reviews)

Cons
  • I work on-call shifts, so I wish there was a more creative way to handle work/life balance(in 53 reviews)

• Upper management motivation techniques are terrible in some areas(in 84 reviews)

2,064 Employee Reviews

Retail Sales Representative

Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsI really enjoyed the flexible hours. Management was really helpful and accommodated my hectic college schedule.

ConsPay is not so great. It was just a little above the minimum wage. Dealing with customers and their complaints can be challenging at times.

Good pay, but horrible work/home balance.

Customer Care Coach (Former Employee) Wichita, KS

ProsThe pay is good, more than most other customer service jobs. I enjoyed the relationships I built with by peers and the people I managed.

ConsAs a supervisor, the workload is more than what can accomplished during a workday. This results in working many hours at home on a company provided laptop. It felt like the company owned you and you never had a seperation from work. The company is very reactive. When metrics are not being met, their response is to start writing up employees. It was not like this when I first started, but it was why I left in the end. I supervised 15-20 employess and did not feel what I was asked to do was ethical.

Good job for college students - not a career

Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsFlexible hours for college students, paid time off, commission based, phone discount program, education assistance for those who qualify

Consoften working under stressful conditions, company always hires from outside rather than promoting from within, almost impossible to call in sick, hard work goes unnoticed, changing commission structure makes it harder and harder to make money.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your employees more. Consider developing associates and preparing them to advance in the company rather than hiring from outside every time a position opens.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company - Great benefits!

Tier III PDA Tech Representative (Former Employee) Allentown, PA

ProsGreat company to work for. They really treat you like you matter there. Their benefits are top notch and they are good the first day you work.

ConsOur call center was closed, so we all lost our jobs. I would have loved to have stayed with the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease be more patient with reps when policies change.

Cutting commissions and hours

Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsThe pay used to be pretty competitive for the amount of hours worked, Getting paid well definitely made me feel appreciated.

The 75% discount on phone service is nice.

ConsThey paid pretty well up until a few months ago.

Once the paycuts took effect this spring, the prices went up for customers and the irrational sales expectations began. Blaming employees for low sales when there is little foot traffic is frustrating to say the least, especially when they keep trying to cut hours. (Some store managers also make employees use chat programs so they can interact with you off the clock even though corporate frowns upon it).

Add to that the numerous conference calls at 8 AM on Fridays and disrespect from middle management . . .it's not worth it. in the long run.

You can't make a living wage at a retail T-Mobile position without another part time job.

Advice to Senior Management#1) Stop messing with employee pay! You may lose your entire experienced workforce.

#2) Stop raising the amount customers have to deposit to get phones and tablets. If it costs too much no one will buy it!

#3) CEOs should refrain from tweets that give the impression the company has money to burn.

#4) Don't blame the employees when things get tough.

Great for Part Time

Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee) Hollywood, CA

ProsPart time hours with full time benefit options

ConsRetail Schedules. Hard to advance sometimes

MBA Summer Intern

MBA Summer Intern (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsVery laid back relaxed environment, friendly people, High Performance is recognized

ConsToo many organizational changes, reorgs and risk of layoff

Advice to Senior ManagementSometimes work with people to help them find jobs in other places of the organization before laying them off

Too much politics

Senior Product Manager Web (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsFor the most part, TMO has nice people and the work is interesting. Good location and fun team-building events. Peers and cross-team workers were good to work with

ConsUpper management in-fighting. Weird political climate. The Directors fight and it trickles down to the teams. There is a Sr. Manager who will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat. Watch your back.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlay nice. You're all on the same team. Why not work together in stead of creating an environment of animosity?

Good pay but very stressful

Tier III PDA Tech Representative (Former Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsGood pay, excellent benefits, awesome people, employee phone program, child care reimbursement

ConsVery hard to move up in the company, the company needs to acknowledge the overwhelming amount of stress and how to deal/cope with it. Constant threatening of job security.

Advice to Senior ManagementAcknowledge the issues that the front line employee deals with.

great opportunity allows you to really feel like you've made it in life great place constant rewards...

CSR2 (Former Employee) Augusta, GA

Prosgreat pay and promotions bonuses are really good you can make more than your regular check in bonus money

Conspromotes from within and it seems like you have to be connected to get to management

Advice to Senior Managementstop changing your metrics so much

Worked for T-Mobile? Contribute to the Community!