T-Mobile Reviews

3.6
2,178 Reviews

T-Mobile CEO John Legere
John Legere

Pros
  • A pretty good work life balance and a comfortable place to work (in 101 reviews)

• Great benefits opportunity to grow and make alot of money in commission in the right store (in 282 reviews)

Cons
  • I work on-call shifts, so I wish there was a more creative way to handle work/life balance (in 53 reviews)

• Upper management motivation techniques are terrible in some areas (in 85 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Benefits and Pay Terrible Schedules

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist  in  Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great insurance benefits. The pay is great for not having a degree of any sort

Cons

Schedules change every 4-6 months based on stats, and if you have one bad month you end up getting a crappy schedule. And when you have a terrible schedule they are not very inclined to work with you to accommodate for school.

Moving up in the company is incredibly hard unless you are "in" with the right people. Speaking of being "in" with the right people, like any call center, it feels like you are back in high school. Listening to your managers talk with each other about getting drunk and being broke all the time because they go out too much, when they are supposed to be professional and responsible in front of their reps, puts a bad taste in my mouth. I think the environment was far too relaxed at points.

Let's get started on the metrics you have to meet. They are all based on your customers: the survey score they give you and if they call back or not within the next 3 days. It's hard to control these things when there are outages and all around crappy cell service issues that infuriate the customer. No matter how nice you are, the survey is going to be bad. The other metrics, like call time, are easy enough to control.

I've worked call centers for years and have never had more stress than I've had here. They pay you more than any other call center around, so when you have no degree it's just enough to keep you there.

Training BEFORE new services or devices come out would be super beneficial to your reps

Excellent!

Current Employee - Quality Analyst  in  Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Quality Analyst in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Benefits, Leadership, A company that keeps it's Customers, Employees, and Owners in mind. Great benefits and excellent Time Off.

Cons

Ever Changing Business. Need to be flexible so it's not a job for everyone. Can be lots of turn over if someone thinks, 'I'm good at customer service' when it's not just customer service it's over the phone customer service.

The managers will be on you constantly while your on calls, be warned!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Mission, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Mission, TX

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great money and great managers (i was in technical support)

Cons

Noisy environment, music was always super loud while on calls and even customers would complain to me to have the music turned down but i couldn't. Managers would literally stand behind me while on calls and would constantly shout and yell out feedback while i was trying to help customers, which made it very hard to do my job. I would always feel stressed out before coming into work because they will listen to your calls every day and they never give you a break which makes the money not worth it to me. They are now making you work on all holidays, including thanksgiving and christmas, ridiculous!

Lower the music and give us more trust to take care of the customer instead of watching over us like children every day.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great employer most of the time!

Former Employee - Retail Associate Manager
    Former Employee - Retail Associate Manager

I worked at T-Mobile full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The health benefits are great. Generous PTO accrual rates, discounted employee cell phone service and 401K matching. I'm not providing my city because there is only one store in my city and it would identify who I am based on my length of employment and job title however the things that I discussed throughout this review are the same across the company.

Cons

Servers that the company uses are outdated and often crash making it impossible to do your job. Working retail hours and not being allowed to sit make T-mobile unpleasant. T-mobile loves to change the commission structure frequently depending on what they want you to focus on selling. Sales goals are often set much higher than what is achievable, and then T-mobile will change it several times during the month to be what it should have been from the start of the month.

Upper management makes ridiculous policies and expects the stores to follow these policies. Upper management needs to actually work in the stores to understand retail procedures and the work flow and how their ridiculous policies negatively impact the front line. Don't penalize stores for things they can't control like returns on defective phones that won't turn on and they can't troubleshoot.

T-Mobile Review

Current Employee - Mid-management  in  Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Mid-management in Richardson, TX

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Company is in growth mode due to the new executive management vision.

Cons

Many of the positions have transitioned to Bellevue, WA.

Would recommend

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time

Pros

A lot of benefits are offered.

Cons

Work-life balance is poor, as is with retail hours.

annoying

I worked at T-Mobile

Pros

the inital starting pay benefits paid time off

Cons

Not meeting sales quotas old promotions outdated system phones service suck at signal majority calls are about signal status 3g

Too many changes, too soon.

Current Employee - IT Back Office
    Current Employee - IT Back Office

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent salary, flexible schedules, not much else.

Cons

Constantly changing benefits, long hours doing repetitive work, uncertainty of who we will belong to in a year, management is difficult to contact, severe lack of training for new technology hand-offs. Short staffed.

Be available! Often times have had to participate in Management activities because the manager wasn't around. Allow better training, and adequate staffing, we're getting burned out by the constant projects and monotonous work.

Good pay and benefits, just don't expect job security.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in San Diego, CA

I worked at T-Mobile part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Can be a good place to work if you exceed quotas and play the politics game well. Potential to make over $40k a year part time with benefits. Usually flexible with scheduling for those with families or attending school.

Cons

Sheep mentality, either your with em or against them. Growth can be very difficult if you go against the grain. Constant changing of commission structure and sales focuses make it difficult to stay ahead of the game.

Promotion from within encourages your employees to stay and strive for excellence. Refrain from offering proven management candidates sales positions to get them on board with no real time expectation for advancement. Keep a closer eye on your district managers. Typically a struggling district means a lackluster District Manager.

Awesome!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time

Pros

The culture and environment is amazing! You're allowed to be yourself and encouraged to challenge the status quo and do things differently. Your work matters and has an impact. We work hard, but have fun at the same time.

Cons

It's not really a con to me, but things move fast at T-Mobile and you need to be able to keep up and change direction quickly. There can be ambiguity especially with new ideas. You need to be okay with moving forward and not necessarily having all the information at your finger tips.

Worked for T-Mobile? Contribute to the Community!