T-Mobile Reviews

Reset
4.3
T-Mobile CEO John Legere
John Legere

Pros
  • Work life balance could be a challenge at times when running IT operations for such a large organization but management is very accommodating (in 117 reviews)

• T-Mobile also provides a really great benefits package (in 319 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is not always observed at higher levels (in 64 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't provide support for problems (in 98 reviews)

1. CSR

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The environment and the people that worked in the T-Mobile contact center in Springfield MO are fantastic! great benefits

Cons

The pay is less than most other jobs of this type and the career opportunities are hard to come by.

2. Customer service

Former Employee - Csr1 in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Csr1 in Springfield, MO

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay, benefits, support, amenities in the call center, diverse work environment

Cons

Very stressful if you can't manage your emotions or bite your tongue. Changes constantly.

Advice to Management

Review changes with someone other than upper management to make sure it's going to actual be effective.

3. Best employer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time

Pros

team, benefits, pay, workload, development, everything. I have not encountered anything that was not a Pro regarding T-Mobile.

Cons

I honestly can not think of any cons. I enjoy the company and my job.

5. Excellent

Current Employee - Technical Support Coach in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Technical Support Coach in Springfield, MO

I have been working at T-Mobile (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent people. Pay, benefits and environment are second to none.

Cons

None to speak of....maybe call volumr

Advice to Management

Get involved

6. Its good

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good amount of time with family, seniors are amazing, TM seems to kinda care. Benefits amazing, great deal on cell phones and plans. There is some amazing trainers there.

Cons

You may want to make sure that your ready to sit back and watch people less qualified than you run the team. It is much like a high school. I was told it was a family but it's not. I am a father of 7 and have a passion for what I do but I have to sit down and watch someone who doesn't care about the company run a team poorly. I then have to sit back and watch these very talented individuals walk out and leave to go to a more " compasionat " company.

Advice to Management

Please look at who your hiring. Just because they spend time walking around joking with upper management doesn't mean they know how to run a team. Please look at your interview process. You take someone with 10 years of succesfull leadership skills and also someone who passed up a ton of money to stay with your company on the idea he would be career pathed, a guy who stayed when his coach and multiple seniors told him he would be better off going to that other company. Guess what still here and with all my verifiable experience I am on the phones everyday with a smile on my face waiting for someone to get with me on my career path its been 2 months and I haven't heard anything back........ Please look at the managers follow up.

7. great work environment

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Springfield, MO

Pros

great interaction with managers ongoing training amazing benefits

Cons

advancement protocol needs some improvement

Advice to Management

stay in touch with employees

8. Interesting.. Mixed

Current Employee - Tier III PDA Tech Representative in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Tier III PDA Tech Representative in Springfield, MO

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I like the idea that you are compensated for how hard you work.. Management can be friendly and easy to understand in most cases.. I enjoy the pay,benefits, and I like my direct Manager.

Cons

I dislike some of the policies regarding metrics out of the employee's control.. I don't like the inconsistency in personalities between some of the managers/Senior employees.. Watching some people get promoted despite having a worse performance than other employees.

Advice to Management

Try to make the experience for the employees the most fun you can.. The job is stressful and I don't think people off the phones can truly empathize with the people handling it all day long once they no longer "have to" do it themselves.

9. Overall satisfied for 5 year employment.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great team atmosphere, wonderful people and leadership, and lots advancement opportunities.

Cons

Less pay than other cellular companies for the same job.

Advice to Management

Since you are now a major competitor in the cellular world, pay your employees more competitively as well.

I spent almost 8 years working at the Springield, MO T-Mobile Call Center ooverall it was a roller coaster ride of good times and not so good. I worked with many wonderful people, though their were times when I experience working under individuals who lacked a true affinity to the skills of management.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

T-Mobile pays very well. They pay you relevant to your experience. Their are rarely Any raises but on occassional you could receive a bonus and other perks.

Cons

The biggest challenge for me is that when you change schedule and coaches every 6 months, those changes could be a make it or break it situation. If you can maintain good stats, then you can expect you will get the hours you want and the coach as week. A lot of people have difficulty with the hours they work and child care. For me the issue was the need to get a coach who was benificial.

Advice to Management

The best advice I can give is an old adage learned all those years ago... Trust in the best intentions - especially of the the employee. All of us want to succeed, and If we are not succeeding. It. Is seldom a problem of will. instead I is the over-complication of the job, brought on by the company. Less overwhelming amounts of policy would be great. Also, make things simple on pp's and features. Lastly, ustomer liked getting their discount for devices. Most would gladly prefer a contract and get a disc phone.

11. T-Mobile is the best place I've ever worked.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great room for advancement. I've been here less than a year and I'm already in leadership training. You get tons of paid time off and you have a lot of flexibility in when you can use it.

Cons

They don't spend as much money on infrastructure as perhaps they should, leading to slow hardware which leads to taking a long time for things like selling a single phone.

Showing 25 of 3,319 reviews