T-Mobile

3.7
2,428 Reviews

T-Mobile CEO John Legere
John Legere

Pros
  • Very relaxed and laid back company to work at so there is a great work-life balance (in 117 reviews)

• The company over all treats their employees very well with great benefits even at a part time level (in 319 reviews)

Cons
  • work/life balance in my role is hard because of the region I support (in 64 reviews)

• Unrealistic expectations and lots of unnecessary tasks requested by upper management (in 98 reviews)

More Highlights

18 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Overall satisfied for 5 year employment.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great team atmosphere, wonderful people and leadership, and lots advancement opportunities.

Cons

Less pay than other cellular companies for the same job.

Since you are now a major competitor in the cellular world, pay your employees more competitively as well.

I spent almost 8 years working at the Springield, MO T-Mobile Call Center ooverall it was a roller coaster ride of good times and not so good. I worked with many wonderful people, though their were times when I experience working under individuals who lacked a true affinity to the skills of management.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

T-Mobile pays very well. They pay you relevant to your experience. Their are rarely Any raises but on occassional you could receive a bonus and other perks.

Cons

The biggest challenge for me is that when you change schedule and coaches every 6 months, those changes could be a make it or break it situation. If you can maintain good stats, then you can expect you will get the hours you want and the coach as week. A lot of people have difficulty with the hours they work and child care. For me the issue was the need to get a coach who was benificial.

The best advice I can give is an old adage learned all those years ago... Trust in the best intentions - especially of the the employee. All of us want to succeed, and If we are not succeeding. It. Is seldom a problem of will. instead I is the over-complication of the job, brought on by the company. Less overwhelming amounts of policy would be great. Also, make things simple on pp's and features. Lastly, ustomer liked getting their discount for devices. Most would gladly prefer a contract and get a disc phone.

T-Mobile is the best place I've ever worked.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great room for advancement. I've been here less than a year and I'm already in leadership training. You get tons of paid time off and you have a lot of flexibility in when you can use it.

Cons

They don't spend as much money on infrastructure as perhaps they should, leading to slow hardware which leads to taking a long time for things like selling a single phone.

Stressful

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Tmobile is a great place to work because they have excellent pay and wonderful benefits including 401k, health/dental/vision, employee phone plans, daycare assistance, and even pet insurance!

Cons

It is stressful because your on the phone all the time with little or no time in between calls. You have to meet all of your metrics in order to get perks such as bonuses and shift bids. Also, customer aren't nice most of the time and you will take a lot of verbal and mental abuse.

Interact with your employees more.

Good coming to work for, as long as you dont move up.

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It was a lot of fun at first. I was good at the customer service, won things all the time and loved my job.

Cons

Moved up to Senior and they put me under 2 supervisors that got fired. I had to do their job and mine, but were upset when that meant part of my job wasnt completed, even if it was a duplicate task. I felt neglected of the ability to perform under constant pressure of being on the chopping block even though I was good at my job and others saw it.

Suspension Spinoff

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service and Sales Representative in Springfield, MO

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Awesome pay, great benefits including health insurance, life insurance, 401K, employee phone plans, discount devices each year of employment, paid time off, daycare assistance, tuition reimbursement, etc.

Cons

Only way to have an absence excused is by having a dr. fill out a packet of papers called an FMLA and turn it into an advisor. Then it has to be approved by the advisor. So, if you have to attend court proceeding on a monthly basis for child custody issues....you will be fired.

Do some research on some of your absences. Sometimes missing court is not an option.

Poor policies but good wages

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great wages
    Amazing insurance
    Great atmosphere
    Eight weeks of paid training
    Guaranteed hours

Cons

Barely discounted phone plans
    Poor calls - no time in between calls

Better phone discounts for employees.

If you like high stress

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (more than an year)

Pros

decent pay, can get 4 day work week. good benefits

Cons

constant fear of losing job
    bonus structure changes 3-4 times per year.
    lots of turnover

Good company, but position wasn't for me.

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There were many flexible schedules to go for. Co-workers are energetic and enthused about the technology they're working with. Facilities have lots of employee perks.

Cons

While T-Mobile is getting better, most cell phone companies have some crappy policies and fees and such. Having to explain these unfortunate situations to consumers was never fun.

New policies are getting better. Keep moving in that direction.

Fast paced environment with excellent benefits

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Health benefits, pay, employee perks

Cons

Shifts change every six months

More work life balance, more part time for students.