T-Mobile

T-Mobile Reviews in Springfield, MO

Updated May 30, 2014

T-Mobile CEO John Legere

John Legere

Pros
  • A pretty good work life balance and a comfortable place to work (in 101 reviews)

• Great benefits opportunity to grow and make alot of money in commission in the right store (in 282 reviews)

Cons
  • I work on-call shifts, so I wish there was a more creative way to handle work/life balance (in 53 reviews)

• Upper management motivation techniques are terrible in some areas (in 85 reviews)

More Highlights
15 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Stressful

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsTmobile is a great place to work because they have excellent pay and wonderful benefits including 401k, health/dental/vision, employee phone plans, daycare assistance, and even pet insurance!

ConsIt is stressful because your on the phone all the time with little or no time in between calls. You have to meet all of your metrics in order to get perks such as bonuses and shift bids. Also, customer aren't nice most of the time and you will take a lot of verbal and mental abuse.

Advice to Senior ManagementInteract with your employees more.

Good coming to work for, as long as you dont move up.

Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsIt was a lot of fun at first. I was good at the customer service, won things all the time and loved my job.

ConsMoved up to Senior and they put me under 2 supervisors that got fired. I had to do their job and mine, but were upset when that meant part of my job wasnt completed, even if it was a duplicate task. I felt neglected of the ability to perform under constant pressure of being on the chopping block even though I was good at my job and others saw it.

Suspension Spinoff

Senior Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsAwesome pay, great benefits including health insurance, life insurance, 401K, employee phone plans, discount devices each year of employment, paid time off, daycare assistance, tuition reimbursement, etc.

ConsOnly way to have an absence excused is by having a dr. fill out a packet of papers called an FMLA and turn it into an advisor. Then it has to be approved by the advisor. So, if you have to attend court proceeding on a monthly basis for child custody issues....you will be fired.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo some research on some of your absences. Sometimes missing court is not an option.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poor policies but good wages

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsGreat wages
    Amazing insurance
    Great atmosphere
    Eight weeks of paid training
    Guaranteed hours

ConsBarely discounted phone plans
    Poor calls - no time in between calls

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter phone discounts for employees.

If you like high stress

Prosdecent pay, can get 4 day work week. good benefits

Consconstant fear of losing job
    bonus structure changes 3-4 times per year.
    lots of turnover

Good company, but position wasn't for me.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsThere were many flexible schedules to go for. Co-workers are energetic and enthused about the technology they're working with. Facilities have lots of employee perks.

ConsWhile T-Mobile is getting better, most cell phone companies have some crappy policies and fees and such. Having to explain these unfortunate situations to consumers was never fun.

Advice to Senior ManagementNew policies are getting better. Keep moving in that direction.

Fast paced environment with excellent benefits

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsHealth benefits, pay, employee perks

ConsShifts change every six months

Advice to Senior ManagementMore work life balance, more part time for students.

great place to work

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Springfield, MO

Prosfriendly coworkers, fun work environment, management seems to care

Consshift bids. its extremely hard to get a decent schedule when first hired you actually draw out of a hat and cross your fingers.

Advice to Senior Managementplenty of room to move up if you put in the work

Company Changed

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Springfield, MO

Prosgood money, nice incentives, friendly coworkers

Consshady business practices, shift work, shift bids every 6 months

Great place to work!

Customer Service (Former Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsExcellent pay, benefits and management. Raises and schedules are merit based which is great....you don't have to be there 20 years to get a sweet schedule just do a good job.

ConsIt is a busy atmousphere and sometimes angry customers....you need to be a person that can work under stress.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally I had no complaints with management. They are very helpful and caring in my experience.

Worked for T-Mobile? Contribute to the Community!