T-Mobile

3.7
2,431 Reviews

T-Mobile CEO John Legere
John Legere

Pros
  • Very relaxed and laid back company to work at so there is a great work-life balance (in 117 reviews)

• The company over all treats their employees very well with great benefits even at a part time level (in 319 reviews)

Cons
  • work/life balance in my role is hard because of the region I support (in 64 reviews)

• Unrealistic expectations and lots of unnecessary tasks requested by upper management (in 98 reviews)

More Highlights

16 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Answer customer phone calls and assist with billing/troubleshooting/plan/upgrade questions

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wichita, KS

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time

Pros

Great pay, PTO, work environment, family attitude where people care for you and want you to succeed. Great bonuses as long as you produce good stats. After a few months, you've had all of the call types and as long as you pay attention to what you are taught the job will get much much easier. Locked building so it is very secure with full time guard staff at both doors. Will do routine lot walks to check for damage to vehicles, lights left on or windows rolled down in rain.

Cons

Stressful at times, have to sit there and get yelled at by customers and cannot say anything to defend yourself or correct customer. Not always enough support or direction in situations but if you learn to be self sufficient you'll be fine.

Recognize talent outside of Tmobile numbers/Metrics. There are a lot of talented people that work here, they are drawn to a company like Tmobile, give them the opportunity to move around, try something new, move up, build a career.

Didn't follow through on their promises

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wichita, KS

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (less than an year)

Pros

8 Weeks of paid training, cheap cell phone plan, and pretty decent paid time off program. Not much other than that.

Cons

Brought me in with promises of quick advancement and failed to follow through. Constantly telling you what you have done wrong and never addressing all of the good you have done

Know what your recruiters are promising

Dated but relevant

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I, Senior Representative in Wichita, KS

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Everything was awesome in the beginning. I started at T-Mobile when it was still not quite a major competitor and employees were taken care of, money was great, opportunity for advancement, bonuses all the time. And the happy reps were entitled to assist the customers and make them happy in return.

Cons

Everything went down hill after the announced (but never completed) at&t merger. Staff at most call centers were slashed to half or less within weeks of the announcement. Higher paid reps were given their walking papers the day after the announcement. In truth we should have seen it coming. For months ahead of time reps were being treated like crap and being forced to try to sell on every single call. 70 year old grandparents who text their grandkids on their birthdays didn't need unlimited text.

Go back to the beginning. Start treating reps right again and be the J.D. Power winners you used to be.

Good pay, but horrible work/home balance.

Former Employee - Customer Care Coach in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Customer Care Coach in Wichita, KS

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The pay is good, more than most other customer service jobs. I enjoyed the relationships I built with by peers and the people I managed.

Cons

As a supervisor, the workload is more than what can accomplished during a workday. This results in working many hours at home on a company provided laptop. It felt like the company owned you and you never had a seperation from work. The company is very reactive. When metrics are not being met, their response is to start writing up employees. It was not like this when I first started, but it was why I left in the end. I supervised 15-20 employess and did not feel what I was asked to do was ethical.

Company culture and environment wildly unstable

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Wichita, KS

I worked at T-Mobile full-time

Pros

The work life balance was a definite plus. The company did not than pay lip service to the concept, at least in the call center environment

Cons

There was little to no stability in google or leadership. To be fair it was a chaotic time when I left the company and the business came through a failed take over bid stronger than before. I left while in the midst of the failed take over attempt.

All senior management has turned over since I worked there

Enjoyed it

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wichita, KS

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very good pay.
    Fast paced.
    Facility was nice and clean.

Cons

Constantly on you about sales
    Breaks
    Weather was not a factor. Even through sleet, ice storm, flood, or whatever you had to be there
    The absent percentage chart was horrible.

When it comes to people being absent in training, understand the situation instead of the , "Well theres someone else that can have your spot," mentality.

Tmobile customer service rep

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wichita, KS

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Health benefits; recognition if you do well and which coach your assigned; no pension customer rate plans with discount full price phones for employees.

Cons

Hard to promote, terrible hourly and incentives compared to other companies, do nothing to retain good reps would rather lose them to competition than to match pay, csr make 10-12/hr and promotion to senior move to around 16/hr with very low bonuses, car get around 500 monthly for rock solid performance seniors even less.

Although I've spoke with management many times I will again repeat what I've always said. Management always talks about the front line being the most important yet they literally do nothing to retain them
     Tmobile is a good stepping stone to work for better companies.

T-Mobile is a good employer

Current Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Wichita, KS

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

A good company to work for, good benefits, currently led by a progressive and charismatic CEO.

Cons

Can be somewhat stressful, takes a patient and resilient personality to be successful

Stock grant was a good move, but wages could be higher, or alternately offer profit sharing.

Great environment to meet people, and make some good money in your 20s

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Wichita, KS

I worked at T-Mobile part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Management was a blessing to work with

Cons

Unrealistic expecations on hitting quotas and goals

Hire managers that take time to mentor their employees

Unrealistic goals for Reps, no sick leave, poor benefits and more stress than you can imagine

Former Employee - Senior Representative in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Senior Representative in Wichita, KS

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are no pros to this job. Any you can imagine are quickly overshadowed.

Cons

The stress is incredible. Your coach may bonus but you never will. The goals are unrealistic. They went way downhill over the last 3 years. No longer a JD Power award winner for customer service and getting passed up by smaller companies with better customer service. All they care about is call time.

You are all quitting. What advice can I give? Jump ship while you still can.