T-Mobile Reviews in Wichita, KS

3.6
2,208 Reviews

T-Mobile CEO John Legere
John Legere

Pros
  • A pretty good work life balance and a comfortable place to work (in 101 reviews)

• Great benefits opportunity to grow and make alot of money in commission in the right store (in 282 reviews)

Cons
  • I work on-call shifts, so I wish there was a more creative way to handle work/life balance (in 53 reviews)

• Upper management motivation techniques are terrible in some areas (in 85 reviews)

More Highlights

15 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

T-Mobile is a good employer

Current Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative  in  Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Wichita, KS

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

A good company to work for, good benefits, currently led by a progressive and charismatic CEO.

Cons

Can be somewhat stressful, takes a patient and resilient personality to be successful

Stock grant was a good move, but wages could be higher, or alternately offer profit sharing.

Didn't follow through on their promises

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wichita, KS

I worked at T-Mobile full-time for less than a year

Pros

8 Weeks of paid training, cheap cell phone plan, and pretty decent paid time off program. Not much other than that.

Cons

Brought me in with promises of quick advancement and failed to follow through. Constantly telling you what you have done wrong and never addressing all of the good you have done

Know what your recruiters are promising

Dated but relevant

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I, Senior Representative  in  Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I, Senior Representative in Wichita, KS

I worked at T-Mobile full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Everything was awesome in the beginning. I started at T-Mobile when it was still not quite a major competitor and employees were taken care of, money was great, opportunity for advancement, bonuses all the time. And the happy reps were entitled to assist the customers and make them happy in return.

Cons

Everything went down hill after the announced (but never completed) at&t merger. Staff at most call centers were slashed to half or less within weeks of the announcement. Higher paid reps were given their walking papers the day after the announcement. In truth we should have seen it coming. For months ahead of time reps were being treated like crap and being forced to try to sell on every single call. 70 year old grandparents who text their grandkids on their birthdays didn't need unlimited text.

Go back to the beginning. Start treating reps right again and be the J.D. Power winners you used to be.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good pay, but horrible work/home balance.

Former Employee - Customer Care Coach  in  Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Customer Care Coach in Wichita, KS

I worked at T-Mobile full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The pay is good, more than most other customer service jobs. I enjoyed the relationships I built with by peers and the people I managed.

Cons

As a supervisor, the workload is more than what can accomplished during a workday. This results in working many hours at home on a company provided laptop. It felt like the company owned you and you never had a seperation from work. The company is very reactive. When metrics are not being met, their response is to start writing up employees. It was not like this when I first started, but it was why I left in the end. I supervised 15-20 employess and did not feel what I was asked to do was ethical.

Company culture and environment wildly unstable

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II  in  Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Wichita, KS

I worked at T-Mobile full-time

Pros

The work life balance was a definite plus. The company did not than pay lip service to the concept, at least in the call center environment

Cons

There was little to no stability in google or leadership. To be fair it was a chaotic time when I left the company and the business came through a failed take over bid stronger than before. I left while in the midst of the failed take over attempt.

All senior management has turned over since I worked there

Enjoyed it

I worked at T-Mobile full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very good pay.
    Fast paced.
    Facility was nice and clean.

Cons

Constantly on you about sales
    Breaks
    Weather was not a factor. Even through sleet, ice storm, flood, or whatever you had to be there
    The absent percentage chart was horrible.

When it comes to people being absent in training, understand the situation instead of the , "Well theres someone else that can have your spot," mentality.

Tmobile customer service rep

I worked at T-Mobile full-time for more than a year

Pros

Health benefits; recognition if you do well and which coach your assigned; no pension customer rate plans with discount full price phones for employees.

Cons

Hard to promote, terrible hourly and incentives compared to other companies, do nothing to retain good reps would rather lose them to competition than to match pay, csr make 10-12/hr and promotion to senior move to around 16/hr with very low bonuses, car get around 500 monthly for rock solid performance seniors even less.

Although I've spoke with management many times I will again repeat what I've always said. Management always talks about the front line being the most important yet they literally do nothing to retain them
     Tmobile is a good stepping stone to work for better companies.

Great environment to meet people, and make some good money in your 20s

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative  in  Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Wichita, KS

I worked at T-Mobile part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Management was a blessing to work with

Cons

Unrealistic expecations on hitting quotas and goals

Hire managers that take time to mentor their employees

Unrealistic goals for Reps, no sick leave, poor benefits and more stress than you can imagine

Former Employee - Senior Representative  in  Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Senior Representative in Wichita, KS

I worked at T-Mobile full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are no pros to this job. Any you can imagine are quickly overshadowed.

Cons

The stress is incredible. Your coach may bonus but you never will. The goals are unrealistic. They went way downhill over the last 3 years. No longer a JD Power award winner for customer service and getting passed up by smaller companies with better customer service. All they care about is call time.

You are all quitting. What advice can I give? Jump ship while you still can.

It was fun while it lasted

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wichita, KS

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun environment. Great Benefits and the office was very nice.

Cons

Sales expectations. Ever-changing technology and promotions.

None.

Worked for T-Mobile? Contribute to the Community!