T P G Telemanagement Reviews

Updated March 30, 2015
15 reviews filtered by
2.6
Scott Keller

1. I have worked for TPG TeleManagement for several years and absolutely love it!!

I have been working at T P G Telemanagement

Pros

The people are great and the flexibility in hours is awesome! The company does great things and I am proud to be a part of such a unique organization. The pay is fair and the dress code is casual. I have also been given opportunities to grow and have learned a lot in my different roles here.
    I hate seeing the negative reviews that are full of lies and obviously left by disgruntled employees!!

Cons

None that I can think of.

2. I Love IT!

I have been working at T P G Telemanagement

Pros

Flexibility, the loyalty amongst employees and leadership. the company's morale, the "Open Door" policy.

Cons

The only thing that I would say that is a con are the medical benefits

Repetitive environment, poor pay but good people

I worked at T P G Telemanagement

Pros

Easy to get a job there with little to no experience. Pay is not great but could be worse

Cons

Repetitive environment, no really chance for moving up in the company. The company would actually hire external people with little leadership qualities into management positions rather than promoting people who had the knowledge and skill sets to excel. Glass ceiling from day one pretty much and you can perform at the highest level and still get a poor pay increas

Advice to Management

Promote from within, being able to feel like you can move up is a great motivator and would also help keep your more seasoned team members

5. Schedule Flexibility, no micro-managing, and overall great place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Behavior Analyst in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Senior Behavior Analyst in Omaha, NE

I have been working at T P G Telemanagement full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Overall just a great place to work, without being micro-managed and schedule flexibility to the point you can have a great life outside of work while still getting your job done. If I decide I want to work 12 hour days one week and 6 hour days the next it does not matter as far as the management is concerned as long as your work gets done and done right. Great time to join the company as everyone is allowed the opportunity to grow with the company and elevate their skills in all areas of the business. When business allows (which is usually every month) you are provided with development time for you to spend any way you want, whether it is to develop yourself in an area you have never worked or just to shadow another employee to see if that position interests you. Doesn't matter who you are in the company everyone has the same opportunities to succeed as long as you take the initiative to exercise the option to grow. If anyone has lacked opportunities to grow with this company it is most likely due to lack of trying. Management is taking this company in the right direction and has had one of it's best years to date. In fact employees shared in the profitability the company has shown this past year.

Cons

As with any company currently medical benefits costs are high. Not much else I can put here since concerns brought to managements attention are usually dealt with ASAP.

Senior Leadership Writes These Positive Reviews- Not The Truth

I worked at T P G Telemanagement

Pros

I find it sad and desperate that senior leadership needs to write their own positive reviews to try and put a positive spin on the fact the company is failing at the hands of the CEO and senior leadership. How could this past year be "the best yet" when they continue to lay off people? Most of the brightest people who worked hard for this company have left for and found great happiness at healthy, functional organizations. This company is a text book example of what not to do with the power of leadership. Scott Keller is not the CEO. Lisa DeFalco is the CEO.

Cons

Anyone who has recently left the company has very little to say that is positive about their experience here.

Interesting business concept

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I worked at T P G Telemanagement

Pros

There are very few pros that come to mind when I think of TPG Telemanagement; however, the camaraderie amongst peers is something I can look back on as a positive experience. Lastly, the concept and niche market strategy is phenomenal.

Cons

Wow! Where do I start? If your not the CEO's favorite or apart of that special circle, your job is never secure. The CEO tends to make decisions based on emotion, and manages subordinates, based on her relationship with those individuals. Management seemed to lack the support necessary to eliminate dead weight who were considered favorites of the CEO, as well as develop their teams in a professional manner to improve upon their individual programs. The CEO's expectations of individual contribution were unrealistic in her approach as she questioned individuals for not challenging management in managerial decisions, as well as relying on people to know information that was not available to them.

Often time, senior leadership provided inconsistent direction and follow-up with regard to the "blurred" vision. if you were not a part of the favorite circle and had the personal cell of the CEO, employees were treated like cattle and moved from one area to the next or out of the company by surprise and without input. Many employees are not treated with the respect they deserve; on-the-other-hand, many analysts had to carry the dead weight of those that were protected.

The facade that is publicized is that TPG Telemanagement is growing; however, the company continues to shrink. Although, the business concept is admirable, the leadership seems to continue to shoot themselves in the foot. They tend not to here the input of the people that actually do the work, but play politics, and smoke & mirror games with their clients. Most disappointing, is that senior leadership does not recognize or acknowledge the talent on hand. I have experienced some of the employees, who represented the backbone of the company, were deceitfully dismissed for addressing valid issues. Being deceitful and secretive seems to be a cultural commonality within the company, set by senior leadership down.

Loyalty of the employees is often brought into question; however, the company does not seem to reciprocate that same loyalty to its employees; unless that employee is apart of that special circle, as mentioned before. More and more employees are realizing that the loyalty mantra means very little today, as more and more examples of disloyalty, from the company are experienced.

Overall, for the pay and benefits, this opportunity was not worth the time. Furthermore, this company has a negative reputation in the local industry due to the lack of sound leadership and vision.

Advice to Management

Senior leadership should be turned over, and the CEO should step out of the company and allow true business individuals to make sound and practical decisions.

Moving on up!

Current Employee - Measurement Analyst in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Measurement Analyst in Omaha, NE

I have been working at T P G Telemanagement full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There have been a lot of changes over the past 5 years, including substantial growth and a major layoff. The layoff has allowed the company to reflect on what's important and lay a new foundation. That foundation is finally drying and we're getting ready to grow, grow, grow!

There were new standard of performance provided recently and TPG is getting it right. It may have taken a little while to get here, but we're doing the right thing by everyone.

I'm starting to see the growth opportunities again and it's very exciting. We have seen several new hire groups come through here recently and it's creating some buzz around the office! I'm excited about the next several years as we're looking very promising - Including another BIG client from what I understand.

I would recommend the Analyst position to anyone interested in having the ability contribute to success of other companies. Providing support to our internal customers through anecdotal feedback (and of course data) is rewarding. YES, the bulk of this position is listening to calls and entering in data, but it's definitely something I enjoy. It may not be for everyone, but I enjoy the team atmosphere and the people I work with and around.

Cons

- Benefits are not the best, but they did eat the cost with Obama care instead of passing it onto employees.
    - Sometimes there are things communicated that don't come to fruition for a long time (i.e. we are going to be doing x and it doesn't happen for months when we expected weeks). Asking questions has helped with that, but I wish they would hold off and advise us when they're truly ready to launch something.

Advice to Management

We are following your lead and when you are talking negatively about the company, we will too. Don't share all of the negativity, stay positive and position negative things with positives as well.

Not at all what I had expected

Former Employee - Behavior Analyst in Omaha, NE

I worked at T P G Telemanagement full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Training was thorough; Trainer and immediate supervisors were excellent.

Cons

Was let go due to an illness and was encouraged to "just get well" and get back to work. At that time, I was told i was eligible for rehire, if they rehired! That is the most crazy thing i have ever heard. Was glad to leave.

Advice to Management

Quit telling employees what they want to hear; I know for a fact that there were employees who had been rehired from a hospital surgery, much like myself. Keep it real. Earn the respect you think you are worthy of.

10. Analyst

Former Employee - Analyst in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Analyst in Omaha, NE

I worked at T P G Telemanagement full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some very hard working people who are very nice. Great place to work if you just want a paycheck.

Cons

Inconsistent management practices will bring this company down. If you are a good worker, you can get away with just about anything. The employee uses their employee handbook as more of a guide than a rule book. Not a good way to run things. Only a good place to work if you are willing to drink the corporate Kool-aid and keep your head down. The company is based on grading call centers using a specific set of behaviors. Biggest problem I saw was that management was too willing to let the call center tell them what the measurements meant. And that definition could change from one week to the next. This made it impossible to get a large enough sample of data to be able to measure against. It also made it nearly impossible for an employee to be able to consistently calibrate and perform their job duties well. Lisa and Scott should be outraged and ashamed.

Advice to Management

The company tries not to be a 'call center' yet people are hired directly into management positions who are all former call center employees. Diversify your talent pool. Don't bend to the will of your customer like a reed in the wind. Stand up for your compendium! Great potential is being wasted. Do as the mighty oak tree does and stand strong against the wind.

Analyst

I worked at T P G Telemanagement

Pros

Some very loyal employees. That's all. I wish I could say more positives but there aren't any.

Cons

Too many to count. Poorly managed. Upper leadership could care less about hourly workers. Unethical practices. Benefits are very poor. The medical insurance premium will cost you most your paycheck if you have the family plan.

Advice to Management

Just shut your doors.