T. Rowe Price

Updated January 28, 2015
3.6

T. Rowe Price President, CEO, and Director James A. C. Kennedy
James A. C. Kennedy

Pros
  • The company offers great work life balance, benefits, stock purchasing, etc (in 25 reviews)

• Great benefits and comfortable work environment (in 38 reviews)

Cons
  • headset policy is cumbersome, even for a call center) (in 15 reviews)

• Impact to ability to have appropriate work life balance (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Caring firm but lacking feedback to respective employees.

Former Employee - Market Data Analyst in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Market Data Analyst in Baltimore, MD

I worked at T. Rowe Price

Pros

T. Rowe Price offers some of the best benefits around to full time employees. Since I was an intern I did not expect nor did I receive any benefits. However, from talking to full time employees, I saw that that T. Rowe Price offered many incentives such as matching 401k's and increasing bonuses that other firms did not offer. Additionally, the environment is stimulating and the level of professionalism I saw was enormous. During my time, I participated in many intern events and because this was a long term co-op, I was placed in fully paid corporate housing, which was a huge benefit.

Cons

The feedback I received for my performance lacked tremendously. I thought I was doing a good job, but later in the program I received complaints about performance related issues that happened a long distance time in the past. The feedback is the worst part of T. Rowe Price where people are afraid to let ones thoughts known about what is going on and to the level of perception that others see you. This is a downside of the firm that I hope they would improve because an employee doesn't know how others perceive him/her unless adequate feedback is provided to the employee.

Take care of employees

This is a very stable company to work for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at T. Rowe Price

Pros

Benefits and training are excellent.

Cons

We need more minorities in this field.

Listen more be less defensive.

T. Rowe Price is great place to get your start in the financial services industry.

Former Employee - Installation Consultant in Owings Mills, MD
    Former Employee - Installation Consultant in Owings Mills, MD

I worked at T. Rowe Price

Pros

T. Rowe Price is a stable company with good benefits and a pleasant work environment. The company has a service culture which is unmatched by most in the financial services industry. The training opportunities are top notch. Former T. Rowe Price employees are well respected for their knowledge throughout the industry. I received training that allowed me to move straight into a senior level consulting postion when I left the firm. I very much enjoyed the time I spent working there.

Cons

The pay is on the low end of the financial service sector scale. Upward mobility is limited in most postions. The tie between performance and pay needs to be strengthened.

I would look for ways to increase pay and advancement opportunities for employees and better tie pay to performance.

A great place to work if you value security and stability.

Current Employee - Operations Services Representative I in Owings Mills, MD
    Current Employee - Operations Services Representative I in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at T. Rowe Price

Pros

T. Rowe Price values intellectual integrity and teamwork, and is a stable company to work for. The management seems to be competent and training is known to be world class. The Owinings Mills campus is very beautiful with a nice cafeteria. Benefits are great.

Cons

The salary is low. Benefits are generous but they are definitely not a substitute for low salary. For the reputation the company has, it doesn't always hire jobs seekers with better credentials. Most hires seem to be through referrals.

Be more flexible with part-time graduate students attending classes in the evening.

It's easy to work someplace where you respect the people you work with and the service that you provide.

Current Employee - Recruiter in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at T. Rowe Price

Pros

Great benefits, incredibly dedicated and motivated employees. We put out a well-respected and quality service and take a conservative approach. It's easy to work someplace where you respect the people you work with and the service you provide your customers.

Cons

It can be a bit slow to move -- the good side of this is that we are collaborative in most all that we do, but it tends to slow process down.

Keep doing what you're doing.

A conservative investment management firm that has avoided two asset bubbles

Former Employee - Intern in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Intern in Baltimore, MD

I worked at T. Rowe Price

Pros

Management in my department was helpful and communicative. The work-life balance is there (in most departments). Intern pay is very competitive.

Cons

As with any investment management company, there are a lot of monotonous back-office jobs.

Thanks for not following the sheep into the tech stocks or real estate asset bubbles.

TRPIT can be a cut-throat culture.

I worked at T. Rowe Price

Pros

Reasonable Pay, Great Benefits. Good work-life balance, if not on call.

Cons

Culture in TRPIT can be cut-throat. Inter-departmental coordination can be difficult.

Make better hiring decisions when filling senior positions from the outside.

Great place to work!!

Former Employee - Investment Counselor
    Former Employee - Investment Counselor

I worked at T. Rowe Price

Pros

The benefits package is tremendeous, upper management is extremenly open in their communcations. Brand recognization is great and knowing that you have a secure job even in the worst of times can be pretty satisfying.

Cons

90% of all the jobs are in Maryland, so if you want to move up within the company be prepare to move there.

Keep doing what you are doing!

Great experience as an intern

Former Employee - IT Business Systems Analyst Intern in Owings, MD
    Former Employee - IT Business Systems Analyst Intern in Owings, MD

I worked at T. Rowe Price

Pros

This is a great place to work. As an intern, I was given a lot of responsibility and meaningful work. The people at T. Rowe Price are wonderful. My manager went above and beyond to make my experience memorable. It is really a great company to work for, and is emerging as one of the top Investment Management firms.

Cons

As an intern, I received a perfect performance review but was not extended an offer. Instead, they asked me to come back during the school year and continue working as an intern.

Continue seeking 360 feedback.

Focused Company

I worked at T. Rowe Price

Pros

Good benefit package
    Flexibility
    Pay

Cons

Expectations might sometimes be unrealistic

Keep your good work going