T&R Properties Reviews

P.Ronald Sabatino

1. Normal Property Management company

Current Employee - Property Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at T&R Properties full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My regional manager was wonderful to work with. Erin was available to discuss concerns and bounce ideas off of while dealing with the unique resident situations that occur. My staff was supportive and efficient. Corporate was not overly controlling allowing us to do our job effectively.

Cons

Communication on large scale projects was a bit challenging Having trust in your staff and reaching out to them for details before assuming anything. In this industry there are always 3 sides to any story.

Advice to Management

Make better use of your skilled employees ability to help advance the companies growth. you have made huge steps in hiring the right people, use the skills of the individuals to help grow and expand ideas, policies and procedures.

Jul 31, 2015 – Organization & Talent Manager

Thank you for your honest feedback, it is truly appreciated! We will most certainly take into consideration and discuss the communication and trust issues that you mentioned! I will also make sure to ... More

2. T & R will set you up to fail

Former Employee - Property Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at T&R Properties full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are a couple of people in the office that is very helpful, Resident I enjoyed getting to know resident and throwing resident parties

Cons

They talk about curb appeal but do little to make the communities look better. They raise the rent any where from once to twice a year but do not update the apartments. Employee turnover is ridiculous, no since in getting to know anyone because they wont be there at the next company get together, if you last 3 yrs you are known as a lifer because many do last over a year.and they do play favoritism.

Advice to Management

WATCH' YOUR BACK, down load all your email, they will let you go for stupid reasons and then fight you for your unemployment. they keep people that rip them off for a few years but let the good ones go. they get away with it because most regional s don't last more than 9 months, if they get along with their mangers, then upper management don't trust them and find stupid reasons to let them go. And watch out for Ron's temper he likes to yell& put you down no mater how hard you are working and don't count on any opportunity to grow in the company, they will tell you they per-mote from with in but only if you kiss as and become a favorite.Oh and upper management does not follow their own policy each upper management will make it up as they go

Jul 31, 2015 – Organization & Talent Manager

Dear Former Property Manager, thank you for your feedback. It is unfortunate to hear what a bad experience you had, especially with being employed with T&R Properties for over 5 years. I assure you ... More

Staff was great ownership was not

Former Employee - Property Manager
    Former Employee - Property Manager

I worked at T&R Properties full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Corporate support staff were very pleasant but often times were short lived. Revolving door

Cons

Executives are biggest problem. Crazy swings in personality at times and do not listen to legit suggestion which will keep them a mediocre company.

Advice to Management

Retire and let people who know how to run a property management for long term growth and stability run the company.

I love my job!

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Dublin, OH

I have been working at T&R Properties (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunity for growth with new/different positions Variety in day-to-day operations Family-oriented Work place diversity Fast-pace, challenging atmosphere that facilitates learning and growing

Cons

Company owner/president micro-manages employees and daily operations Difficult to implement new ideas/new ways of completing tasks

Advice to Management

Hire more Regional Managers and remove Owner/COO from Regional Manager positions Allow the employees you've hired and placed in key positions the space and time to do their jobs

6. T & R

Pros

The people I work with are great. We maintain a great sense of humor while getting our work done.

Cons

The work flow is hard. There is a lot of work.

Advice to Management

Keep weeding out the people who don't do their work so that others don't have to constantly pick up their slack

Jul 31, 2015 – Organization & Talent Manager

We are so happy to hear that you love the people that you work with on a daily basis. As you know, Property Management is a tough business but it is also very rewarding and it sounds like you are ... More

Above the competitor

Current Employee - Property Manager
    Current Employee - Property Manager

Pros

I have been in Real Estate and Property Management since 2007. I have worked for Real Estate Brokers and a couple of other Multi-family housing management companies. I thoroughly enjoy working for T&R Properties; their expectations of job performance is not too much to ask. Mr. Sabatino is here to provide homes to people and he expects his employees, that he pays well, to keep the communities above the rest. One great thing about this company is policies and procedures are clearly stated in writing is it pertains to your one, specific job description, two how to perform your job, and three self explanatory directions to perform specific daily duties right down to how T&R prefers to tour the community with prospects. There is no real guessing, they have mapped it out for each and every employee they hire to be successful. Everyone should come to work.. to work. Ultimately, the one who signs the paychecks, understands what personal life is and also understands, things come up. They, at corporate, genuinely care about their employees.

Cons

Finding the right candidates to have pride in their work and sincerely care about the property they work at. If each employee actually thought about how they would handle the property they worked at as if they themselves were the owner, there wouldn't be as much turnover and negativity towards this company.

Advice to Management

Continue to care about and treat all employees with the utmost respect. Let's provide more team building/training activities.

8. Manager

Pros

I have worked at T&R for over 5 years and I find it to be a rewarding work experience. The Home Office staff go out of their way to help the property employees. Not only can we earn quarterly bonuses based on property performance, but at the end of each year, the owner gives everyone an appreciation bonus! We also have a Christmas Club account and the owner gives an additional 10% for whatever we contribute to the account. Great opportunity for learning and being promoted within. T&R also supports health and wellness and has a fun "Biggest Loser" contest. If you do your job well, you are rewarded!

Cons

Working on Saturday! But I guess in property management that is to be expected. It would be nice if they pay leasing commissions, but the hourly rate for leasing is higher than most other management companies so it balances out.

Advice to Management

We need to a little more variety of company get-togethers. The Clippers game are fun, but something new would be great!

9. I LOVE MY JOB & THE GROWTH OPPORTUNTIES

Pros

Honestly, I love just about everything about my job and my work experience! I have been with the company for a year and a half now and I have already received a promotion and 2 pay increases! The company allows you to do your job because they are confident in your abilities and the training! I have referred at least 6 people to work at the company and most of them interviewed and were hired! The company also cares so much about their front line people and their communities and does a lot of things for the staff & communities and wants no recognition for it!

Cons

The only con for me is I wish that I could travel to the sites more and have more interaction with the site staff and residents.

10. Maintenance supervisor

Current Employee - Supervisor in Beavercreek, OH
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Beavercreek, OH

I have been working at T&R Properties full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They seem to be a good company to work for. I wish communication could be better between upper management and the staff and the on the job training in some areas were better bur aside from that not many complaints.

Cons

Lack of communication between the higher ups and the mid level employees. Salaries could definitely be higher along with better on the jon training.

11. assistant property manager/leasing agent

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

I have been working at T&R Properties full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

decent salary/benefits, Christmas club

Cons

no vision, no scheduling flexibility,6 day work week (most of the time), horrible communication

Advice to Management

let us now when we are doing good, not only when we need improvement

RSS Feed </> Embed