T&R Properties Reviews

2.7
P.Ronald Sabatino

1. T & R

I have been working at T&R Properties

Pros

The people I work with are great. We maintain a great sense of humor while getting our work done.

Cons

The work flow is hard. There is a lot of work.

Advice to Management

Keep weeding out the people who don't do their work so that others don't have to constantly pick up their slack

Above the competitor

Current Employee - Property Manager
    Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at T&R Properties

Pros

I have been in Real Estate and Property Management since 2007. I have worked for Real Estate Brokers and a couple of other Multi-family housing management companies. I thoroughly enjoy working for T&R Properties; their expectations of job performance is not too much to ask. Mr. Sabatino is here to provide homes to people and he expects his employees, that he pays well, to keep the communities above the rest.
    One great thing about this company is policies and procedures are clearly stated in writing is it pertains to your one, specific job description, two how to perform your job, and three self explanatory directions to perform specific daily duties right down to how T&R prefers to tour the community with prospects. There is no real guessing, they have mapped it out for each and every employee they hire to be successful.
    Everyone should come to work.. to work. Ultimately, the one who signs the paychecks, understands what personal life is and also understands, things come up. They, at corporate, genuinely care about their employees.

Cons

Finding the right candidates to have pride in their work and sincerely care about the property they work at. If each employee actually thought about how they would handle the property they worked at as if they themselves were the owner, there wouldn't be as much turnover and negativity towards this company.

Advice to Management

Continue to care about and treat all employees with the utmost respect. Let's provide more team building/training activities.

I love my job!

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Dublin, OH

I have been working at T&R Properties (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunity for growth with new/different positions
    Variety in day-to-day operations
    Family-oriented
    Work place diversity
    Fast-pace, challenging atmosphere that facilitates learning and growing

Cons

Company owner/president micro-manages employees and daily operations
    Difficult to implement new ideas/new ways of completing tasks

Advice to Management

Hire more Regional Managers and remove Owner/COO from Regional Manager positions
    Allow the employees you've hired and placed in key positions the space and time to do their jobs

5. Manager

I have been working at T&R Properties

Pros

I have worked at T&R for over 5 years and I find it to be a rewarding work experience. The Home Office staff go out of their way to help the property employees. Not only can we earn quarterly bonuses based on property performance, but at the end of each year, the owner gives everyone an appreciation bonus! We also have a Christmas Club account and the owner gives an additional 10% for whatever we contribute to the account. Great opportunity for learning and being promoted within. T&R also supports health and wellness and has a fun "Biggest Loser" contest. If you do your job well, you are rewarded!

Cons

Working on Saturday! But I guess in property management that is to be expected. It would be nice if they pay leasing commissions, but the hourly rate for leasing is higher than most other management companies so it balances out.

Advice to Management

We need to a little more variety of company get-togethers. The Clippers game are fun, but something new would be great!

6. I LOVE MY JOB & THE GROWTH OPPORTUNTIES

I have been working at T&R Properties

Pros

Honestly, I love just about everything about my job and my work experience! I have been with the company for a year and a half now and I have already received a promotion and 2 pay increases! The company allows you to do your job because they are confident in your abilities and the training! I have referred at least 6 people to work at the company and most of them interviewed and were hired! The company also cares so much about their front line people and their communities and does a lot of things for the staff & communities and wants no recognition for it!

Cons

The only con for me is I wish that I could travel to the sites more and have more interaction with the site staff and residents.

7. Maintenance supervisor

Current Employee - Supervisor in Beavercreek, OH
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Beavercreek, OH

I have been working at T&R Properties full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They seem to be a good company to work for. I wish communication could be better between upper management and the staff and the on the job training in some areas were better bur aside from that not many complaints.

Cons

Lack of communication between the higher ups and the mid level employees. Salaries could definitely be higher along with better on the jon training.

8. assistant property manager/leasing agent

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

I have been working at T&R Properties full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

decent salary/benefits, Christmas club

Cons

no vision, no scheduling flexibility,6 day work week (most of the time), horrible communication

Advice to Management

let us now when we are doing good, not only when we need improvement

9. Property Manager

Current Employee - Property Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at T&R Properties full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very few reports such as variance, closeout, etc

Cons

The difficulty in meeting the bonus structure and lack of commissions.

I didn't realize what I was walking into.

Current Employee - Property Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at T&R Properties full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get paid every two weeks.
    There are good days when you feel like you've helped someone.

Cons

I have never seen so much turnover. Short term residents outlast the staff. Zero communication. Non existent training. Condescending senior management. Prepare to be micromanaged. Unprofessional language from the President to the COO to HR. They treat you like a naughty little kid if you don't know their policy on an issue. And no two upper management agree on policy.

Advice to Management

Don't set your staff up for failure. Allow the people you've hired to work semi - independently. Get EVERYONE on the same page. Set clear, realistic goals and DON'T sabotage them. Give staff the tools to get the job done. Don't cuss at the staff. EVER. It's not only rude, but extremely unprofessional.

11. Worst mistake of my professional life

Former Employee - Property Manager
    Former Employee - Property Manager

I worked at T&R Properties full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The base salary was okay. I met a couple of nice people while working there. My checks didn't bounce

Cons

I could go on for hours. Inappropriate behavior and dialog from corporate, constant threat of losing your job, lunatic owner. They record all of your phone calls. The apartments are garbage and not kept up. Everything outdated to the point that it was humiliating to take tours. Just shoddy, low class all around. I contacted a lawyer 2xs while working there and decided to just quit. Terrible terrible experience

Advice to Management

Sell the assets and retire

RSS Feed </> Embed