T3 Trading Group

Great education and mentors

Current Employee - Proprietary Equity Trader
    Current Employee - Proprietary Equity Trader

I have been working at T3 Trading Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

years of experience on the trading desk and the team leaders are always available trading right beside you. The live market action on T3 live is invaluable to see real positions and commentary to keep up with a fluid dynamic market

Cons

it is a challenge to trade remotely on west coast time zone when you have two small children and the market opens at 630 am

keep up the good work expanding the T3 platform and adding businesses such as hedge fund

It's worth working for some of T3 Trading Group's desks but not for all of them.

I worked at T3 Trading Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

T3 trading is composed of many different trading desks; basically, not everyone who's worked there has worked for the same people. I worked there while on my OPT for a trading desk that mostly hired rather intelligent international students from tier 1 Universities (having studied math, finance, economics etc.) while on their OPT. Even though I did not get a salary, I did not pay anything for training (some trading desks there will charge you for training, and I really would never work for someone who charges me for training) and my experience was mostly positive!
    1. The best part of this job is that you will learn a lot about the mechanics of the equity markets and economy as a whole just for being there during trading hours and seeing what and how it affects the market. It is a knowledge that you cannot get by yourself, at a university or from a textbook.
    2. You will meet many bright young people who will eventually reach high places in the U.S and other parts of the World. I'd say that it can be a good place to network.
    3. If your boss is good, then you will learn a lot from him and also from the experienced traders there.
    4. Your career as a trader, regardless of its length and degreee of success, will be hard: The hours are long, it is really stressing, red days are going to be really bad, strategies that worked clockwork for 3 months will not necessarily work tomorrow (markets are dynamic) so you will have to study and reinvent your strategies every day! And, you know this is why even though if your trading career does not go well, it is an experience that will be more than great to have on your curriculum.

Cons

Even though I previously said that my experience at my desk was mostly positive, T3 Trading does have a few yet substantial shortcomings:
    1. Its trading style in general is really old-school. One could even say obsolete, so it's REALLY hard to compete against automated trading systems.
    2. Your boss or bosses can be rude sometimes! (but they're also ALWAYS there for you when you need their help.)
    3. You have to pay a few fees to T3 every month.
    4. From my experience there, the people who are considered smart in the more traditional way (ie. math people) will NOT perform well trading a la old-school.
    4. Perhaps for some people, the absolute value of the negative feeling experienced when you lose 1$ is considerably greater than the abs val of the positive one of making1$, and T3 can make it a little bit harder than it should be for new traders to make money due to the above mentioned reasons.

Experience at T3

I worked at T3 Trading Group as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Provide very good training, support.

Cons

Very little IT support, constant stuck orders

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I worked at T3 Trading Group as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I worked in the Miami office, which is quite small because it is new. There is a very open and collaborative working environment and the head trader works hard to train new traders and make them into better traders, and it is easy to tell that this is out of a genuine desire.

Cons

High turnover rate, trading is not very technology-focused.

If you got any better job, don't come to T3 Trading Group, please.

Current Employee - Junior Equity Trader  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Junior Equity Trader in New York, NY

I have been working at T3 Trading Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I don't know why there is a "20 word minimum" limit. what happens if a company got no pros? I really didn't see any pros of T3 Trading Group.

Cons

No salary, a lot of freaks, and the training fee is damn expensive, but the things you can learn are very limited. Damn it, my team leaders just charge you training fee, and they don't care if you make money or not

I even don't want to give any advice, because I think my team and team leaders are horrible

Stay away from this chop shop

Current Employee - Equity Trader  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Equity Trader in New York, NY

I have been working at T3 Trading Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Opportunity to get a taste of trading. I mean retail trading like my grandpa.

Cons

1. Never expect you can learn any "real" trading strategy. Yes, you would get a sense of how trading floor looks like but no one from this firm knows what "trading" means. Their strategies are mostly for day traders which are considered as a joke on Wall st. Just ask any of your friend from a BB you would know how bad reputation a day trader is.
    2. Even though they are silly, they never admitted. They never disclose their investment return nor the risk they have taken; so during the interview process you can ask them how much you generated last year and if they replied you with a number, you know they are silly enough. In the professional investment world we are only talking about risk-adjusted return, a number looks like a kinder garden baby. So punch line is, ask them basic finance questions, you will be surprised how naive they are.
    3. In the beginning I thought joining T3 should be better than nth under this sluggish job environment; however this can become a huge minus if you are looking for next job. The reputation of this firm is extremely terrible on the street...DON'T JOIN!

please shut down the firm. This is against American spirit and taking advantage of fresh graduates is a big shame. If you want to make money, act like a real man!

They don't really care if the traders succeed or not.

I worked at T3 Trading Group full-time

Pros

T3 has some great educational products and you can learn a lot from using their VTF (virtual trading floor) where you can follow along with the best traders in the firm in real-time.

Cons

Unfortunately at the end of the day T3 feels like a fancy chop-shop. They aim to get as much money from new traders at the outset in educational fees because they know that most traders don't last and won't provide them revenue. They'll find every way to nickle and dime you and when you get upset they will promise to make everything right (until the next time the cycle repeats). Bottom line, they are not invested in the long term-success of their traders unless you are an experienced, consistent trader, trading lots of shares.

Focus on making money WITH your traders not in spite of them.

Equity trader

I worked at T3 Trading Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am sorry but I really cannot think of any pros...

Cons

first of all, you are not paid here. No training. They have some so-called "strategies", but none of them were back-tested. They don't use any model. senior trader's major income is training fee. And their "training" was just reviewing your trades and telling you that you should have done this and that. Traders here were just commission generators to the firm.

If you want to become a day trader in a bad environment with old technology, T3 is for you.

I worked at T3 Trading Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Get exposure trading. Good opportunity to actually trade real money and get 'front office' experience you wouldn't get at a bank.

Cons

Old technology. Management is very unprofessional. Office is dirty and employees are not professional. Extremely high turnover. Training program is a joke and you are charged $2,500 for it. Basically it boils down to them teaching you relative strength, and telling you that you're in it against the machines.

Good to start your journey with trading

Current Employee - Equity Trader  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Equity Trader in New York, NY

I have been working at T3 Trading Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

they provide you with a very good training. they help you to chose right trades. there are meetings after each stock closing so you can learn why something happen and what you should do next time. Very good atmosphere in the office, everyone is very friendly.

Cons

you will not have a regular salary but only commission of what you make by yourself. some people don't make anything for first six months but others are very successful so it just depends if it's your thing or not.

Worked for T3 Trading Group? Contribute to the Community!