T3 Trading Group

Updated December 5, 2014
Updated December 5, 2014
3.2

Sean Hendelman

Pros
  • Nonchalant and relaxed working environment (in 8 reviews)

• Senior traders are willing to share some of their trading strategies and coach juniors (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • no base salary, which is not so good (in 8 reviews)

• and T3 can make it a little bit harder than it should be for new traders to make money due to the above mentioned reasons (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

They provide services daily to develop ideas.

Current Employee - Equity Trader in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Equity Trader in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at T3 Trading Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Competitive commission charges and payouts

Cons

If working remotely there is less peer support

Good prop trading shop to start your trading career

I worked at T3 Trading Group as an intern

Pros

1. Senior traders are willing to share some of their trading strategies and coach juniors.
    2. Great Communication within each trading desk
    3. There are real time news broadcasting during trading session

Cons

1. Contribution Required
    2. system sometimes went down for a while though very occasionally

Great place to work and learn about proprietary trading

I worked at T3 Trading Group full-time

Pros

T3 has an amazing work environment. Everyone is very friendly and helpful no matter what questions you have. When I began, even some of the more senior traders offered their assistance whenever I needed help. It is a great place for all levels of traders, especially those who are new and unfamiliar with proprietary trading. Many of the desks have extensive training and mentoring programs that provide new traders with solid foundations to build on. Managers are also very fair towards employees and are more than willing to work with their traders. Overall, I learned a lot during my time at T3 and am grateful that I was given the opportunity to work for such an amazing company.

Cons

The business of being a proprietary trader is difficult and stressful regardless of where you work.

great setup

I have been working at T3 Trading Group

Pros

good place with flexibility and remote access

Cons

no base pay but good commission

base pay

Great place to trade or learn how to trase

I have been working at T3 Trading Group

Pros

Top notch people and very serious traders. Great technology and beautiful office space

Cons

A performance driven environment that is difficult to be successful at initially. A monthly draw would help.

Would like to have more access to senior traders and senior staff. The mentors are helpful but I would like to pick the brains of some other seasoned guys

Good people to work for, hard to become successful, but worth it if you are

Current Employee - Trader in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Trader in New York, NY

I have been working at T3 Trading Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

there is technically unlimited upside, they give you a lot of freedom, reasonable hours, very good work life balance

Cons

the training leaves a lot to be desired so you must put a lot of your own time in which is good or bad for some people, the job can be very stressful because of inconsistency,

Proprietary Equity Trader

I have been working at T3 Trading Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very flexible hours, great initial training program, high compensation

Cons

After the initial training program, you are really left by yourself. It was much harder to be successful when I felt like no one was reaching out to see how I was doing. Team members would ask how I was doing each day, which was nice, but that was the extent of it. No one really sat down to explain in detail what I was doing right/wrong. Also, their fees are extremely high, so that really dilutes the high compensation structure.

It's good.

Current Employee - Equity Trader in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Equity Trader in New York, NY

I have been working at T3 Trading Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

People are nice and welcome

Cons

Stress is huge. And salary is unstable.

Interview

Current Employee - Entry Trader in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Entry Trader in New York, NY

I have been working at T3 Trading Group as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

traders are nice and location is good, not far from wall street

Cons

education fee is very high, up to 3000, and deposit is 6000. But they are momentum traders, old technology.

Lower the deposit and education fees, also upgrade the technologies.

You do not have to waste your money there

Former Employee - Proprietary Trader in New York, NY

I worked at T3 Trading Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you know nothing about the equity trading but you want to start with something, maybe this is the only Pro for working at T3

Cons

They give you extremely high leverage ratio in exchange for 3 to 4 times commission fees and monthly data fess comparing to personal trading account. Let me make an example, if you trade XYZ stock with 1,000 shares, in your personal account, you pay 9 dollars for buy and sell. But in T3, you pay more than 30 dollars for buy and sell. In addition, the monthly fee would be 200 dollars comparing to 500 dollars and you need to share your 30% profit to them. After we paid so much fees to this company, we are looking to learn something that can help us make money from this business. But it turns out that this company completely does not care you or willing to teach you or having the capability to teach you. Everything they can do that is pushing you trade with more stocks and pay more commission fees(of course T3 got paid, T3 is broker!). If you did not trade a lot of stocks, they will come say "what the f**k you doing here today!". If you trade a lot but lost relative big money according to your capital contribution, they will say "sorry dude, I really hope it would not happen again". Those people just keep saying "as a new trader, you need to pay tuition to learn how to trade". But they never teach you. Yes, they do review your trade and say something but it barely help. If you interview all the T3 employees and ask them how long they have been woking there, I promise you more than 70% answer would be less than a year. They do not have an ecosystem to keep experienced traders (usually those traders can teach you a lot). But they left the company. In a nutshell, you pay extremely high tuitions to the company and gain nothing. And after this job, it is very hard to get anther job in the street because T3's bad reputation. All other companies know that the Alumni from T3 know nothing and acquire no transferable skills.