TASC

Updated Feb 22, 2014

TASC President and Chief Executive Officer John Hynes

John Hynes

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

They need to get their act together

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Annapolis Junction, MD

I worked at TASC full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThere are some talented people that really care about what they are working.

ConsContinuing focus on Systems Engineering and Software Engineering work, which caused the Conflict of Interest issues which led Northrop Grumman to divest TASC to begin with; ;constant employee turnover; constant senior management turnover; no raises; constant benefit cuts; and contract losses continue.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to continue to go after Systems Engineering (SETA) work, create a totally separate entity to do that so it's separate from your other business.

Absolutely awful. Whatever the competitors are doing right, TASC is failing at

Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee)
Annapolis Junction, MD

I worked at TASC full-time for more than a year

ProsBroad contract opportunities, relatively speaking. Talented technical experts in non-managerial roles

ConsReally crushed so many employees through benefit cuts that it's comical to hear senior leaders say that the company is great. When your BU VP says "It's not a bad company to work for," you know things are in the death throes. Plus, the President, CEO and a bunch of senior VPs get canned in the same week? This ship is sinking fast, and if it was publicly traded, the shareholders would be furious. You can't lose over a billion in revenue and think that passing the loss on to your employees is going to be a good strategic move. A lot of great talent has been lost to Amazon, Paypal, Facebook, Booz Allen, etc. The impact of that talent loss is only going to get worse as time goes on with more mediocre talent replacing those that left because the benefits aren't competitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementLiquidate. Maybe a few smaller companies would have a better shot at success, but the current structure is going to crush the company under its own weight.

Worked for TASC? Contribute to the Community!

TASC Videos

TASC – Why Work for Us?

For nearly 50 years, TASC has worked on the front lines with our customers on missions that strengthen security and safety and protect the basic values of our society. Our nearly 5,000 professionals provide the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TASC reviews and ratings in Annapolis Junction, MD — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TASC CEO John Hynes. All reviews posted anonymously by TASC employees.