TASC

TASC Reviews

Updated Apr 9, 2014

TASC President and Chief Executive Officer John Hynes

John Hynes

Pros:
  • "TASC still has a lot of good people and plenty of interesting work"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Across the board, Benefits are at or above the level of their competitors; Very Work/Life Balance oriented environment"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "TASC lost its way after the divestiture from Northrop Grumman"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Senior management was usually promoted from within or at least came with a government background"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Talented staff - company cant find its way

Senior Program Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at TASC full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat staff, very dedicated to customers

ConsSo many management changes since leaving NGC, hard to tell what they stand for

Lost its way...

I worked at TASC

ProsTASC was a great company when I started working for them over a decade ago. They had a great Systems Engineering niche supporting DoD and the Intelligence Community.

ConsToo many non-billable Senior Executives that didn't produce results with contract wins. They recently started cleaning house.

TASC lost its way after the divestiture from Northrop Grumman. They no longer have the niche they had. They are in a very crowded SETA support field now and are no longer providing anything special to their customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut out the Senior Executive fat...

Find a new niche (Enterprise Cloud Services Optimization Strategic through Tactical Portfolio Management, Enterprise Management of Cloud IT, Big Data Analytics)...

Treat your billable employees with respect and support...

And STOP hiring retired Senior Feds thinking they will bring in business. In my experience its rare that they do because they don't understand how private industry works...i.e., being accountable to produce results and contribute to the bottom line.

TASC has great potential for growth - but employees have to help!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at TASC full-time for more than a year

ProsBU structure provides a "small company" feel. It isn't hard to get to know the management from top to bottom.

ConsThere are a lot of senior people with lots of experience and a lot of junior people with very little - and not much in between.

Advice to Senior ManagementTell us how we can help

I have been fortunate to work withTASC and contributed successfully to TASC Mission and has been rewarded by TASC.

Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at TASC full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood opportunity to grow, if you are motivated

ConsLost many project during 2012 and 2013

Advice to Senior ManagementIn this competitive environment, need to send as many proposal you can to win new business. I am willing to help as I supported Kingdom of Saudi Arabia proposal effort and willing to support more proposal effort. MY expertise are in Modeling and Simulation of computer systems and communication networks, satellite communication, Requirement analysis and validation, Enterprise Architecture design,

Wheels have come off the bus - constant reorganization and turbulence has cost them dearly.

I worked at TASC full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIf you are in the intelligence community, great place to be. Competitive salaries

ConsLack of understanding of markets and customers outside of Intel Community.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease realize that you have changed the entire culture of what was formerly a well respected company. Replacing the entire corporate team has only made the situation worse, and has shaken the morale of all employees at all levels.

Not bad considering the industry issues

I have been working at TASC full-time

Prossupportive in bad times but things could be better

Consoutlook is uncertain currently management could do a better job with transparency

The present day TASC does not resemble its predecessor, The Analytic Sciences Corporation.

I worked at TASC full-time for more than 5 years

ProsTASC still has a lot of good people and plenty of interesting work. Your work schedule can be flexible for a lot of customers, and the company still enjoys a modestly good reputation within the community.

ConsLike most companies, salaries and benefits are being gradually reduced to make the company more cost competitive. There is hardly any loyalty to employees and very little effort is made to help displaced employees find other opportunities within the company.

TASC is a people oriented company.

Systems Engineer (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

I worked at TASC full-time for more than 3 years

ProsTASC is a growing company with lots of opportunities. After going private in late 2009, TASC woke up and started motivating employees to develop the business. The traditions of Wood Parker saying we are all about the people are maintained in TASC's culture.

ConsMiddle managers are too comfortable and do not challenge employees to try new positions move around the company. Lateral movement is difficult, managers are possessive of their employees.

An evolving company

Program Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at TASC full-time for more than 10 years

ProsTakes care of people, for example, covered its people impacted by the recent government shutdown much better than it's direct competition.

ConsLack of control of overhead rankles middle management and some of the executives. From outside the leadership team it appears the company is bringing in more executives rather than investing in discriminators.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more specific direction on and assistance in contributing to the company's goals. Take the good top-level stuff, for example, the company's values, and provide the rank and file help in living them.

Great place to intern and learn

Intern (Current Employee)
Chantilly, VA

I have been working at TASC as an intern for less than a year

Pros(Internship) Work is meaningful and challenging. They give you opportunities to present to senior management at the end of the year, and people that work with you are genuinely interested in the work that you do.

ConsNot a ton of structure, so you have to be self-motivated

Worked for TASC? Contribute to the Community!

TASC Videos

TASC – Why Work for Us?

For nearly 50 years, TASC has worked on the front lines with our customers on missions that strengthen security and safety and protect the basic values of our society. Our nearly 5,000 professionals provide the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TASC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TASC CEO John Hynes. All 93 reviews posted anonymously by TASC employees.