TASC Reviews

Updated March 26, 2015
160 reviews filtered by
TASC President and Chief Executive Officer John Hynes
John Hynes

Pros
  • Very good benefits, flexible work schedule (in 7 reviews)

• TASC also recognizes work-life balance is important to employee retention (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Since the divestment from Northrop Grumman TASC has lost its identity (in 12 reviews)

• The actions of the owners and senior management speak louder than their words (in 8 reviews)

1. Enjoyed my time with TASC and the team I worked with.

Former Employee - Systems Engineer V in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer V in Aurora, CO

I worked at TASC full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great company and management when I was there.
    Very good compensation and benefits.
    People in my group were exceptional professionals from the admins to fellow engineers
    Excellent training benefits
    Consistent Fair regular reviews and feedback
    East coast managers and team were inclusive even when some of us were cross country.

Cons

Was remote from the east coast organization which made it impossible to attend any internal professional training without impacting my customer.
    Segments of the IT infrastructure didn't work well for remote employees and it sometimes made it difficult to participate or contribute in a meaningful manner.

2. Some good people to work with, but team as a whole lacks cohesion

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at TASC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Although paid time off is limited TASC provides a flexible schedule to maximize the paid time provided. Depending on the customer a team member supports this could also include opportunities to work remote. In general a good group of professionals to work with. Most team members work well with others and managers are cordial and interested in the success of each team member. TASC has made some progress in realigning discrepancies between company office employees and customer site employees by providing same amount of time off to both groups. Compensation tends to be in line with industry, but can be diminished by a lesser benefits package.

Cons

On site management lacks skills at team management and team advocacy. On site management also provides engineering support so that professional tasks and people management concerns compete for time. On site management leadership known to punish entire team for misconduct of individual team member. Depending on the role of a team member responsibilities may be vaguely defined and poorly understood by management. As a result management has neither knowledge and/or time to adequately address team member concerns. Low bid contract hinders advancement and raises within the same team. Minimal paid time off.

Train customer site management and team on team management and advocacy. More team building events that involve the whole team in an inclusive manner. Include team awareness as to what each team role involves so that team mangers and individual team members understand what each role contributes and can effectively support one another.

3. A good company

Former Employee - Senior Systems Architect in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Architect in Washington, DC

I worked at TASC

Pros

Good pay, good people, good work, nice facilities

Cons

Government contractor; work tasks are irregular and can be repetitive when government bosses change their minds too often. Limited vacation time, no sick time.

find some way to improve fun and camaraderie. More vacation time.

5. Spinning My Wheels and Getting Nowhere Fast

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at TASC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

TASC has great benefits, They are especially generous with educational assistance, whether going for a degree, certificate or a certification. However, since the recent acquisition by Engility, I expect the benefits will likely take a deep cut. From what I've heard, Engility's benefits are not nearly as robust as TASC's.

Cons

I have worked for TASC nearly 3 years and am YET to receive my first raise. I have been on projects for the past 1-1/2+ years and received rave reviews from the client. Still, there's been no increase to speak of. What's worse is that we've been told that many of our salaries are below market. My salary does NOT match my experience, skill set, nor the time and effort I have put into working for TASC. There are a LOT of deserving people who have not yet been rewarded for their efforts. On the other hand, others have been promoted and/or receive salary increases but did not deserve it. What a farce! What a shame!!! Favoritism, especially when undeserved, impacts morale and leads to employee turnover. Last, there's little or no room for advancement. Thus, professional growth is stymied, leading to unhappy employees going in and out of a revolving door.

Reward your employees that have proven themselves to be assets, not only to TASC but also to your clients, customers, etc. Be fair and balanced in salaries. Don't be partial to some and unfair to others who are deserving of the salary increase and/or promotion. When employees prove themselves, pull their load, and give their best effort (mind you, all of which is repeatedly expressed by the customers they serve), know that you owe them for their service, especially if you expect to keep them. Don't withhold what rightfully belongs to them. Unfortunately, I've been spinning my wheels and getting nowhere fast.

6. Tasc, Inc review

I have been working at TASC

Pros

TASC is a fantastic company to work for. I highly recommend any job seekers to consider employment at TASC.

Cons

The only positions that Tasc recruits for are active security clearance positions.

Lots of change and not sure if we have direction yet.

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at TASC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very little micromanagement. Coworkers are a great team!

Cons

Survival of the fittest (old boys club more like it) and now that Engility acquired one of the VP tells us "Do less with less!!"

Used to be a good company

I have been working at TASC

Pros

Still has many talented staff

Cons

TASC leadership was taken over by SAIC and Leidos people who do not have the same ethics as legacy TASC leaders. Customers and employees have suffered at the expense of a singular focus on the bottom line. Purchase of TASC by Engility is sure to impact benefits. Leadership positions only available to friends of SAIC and Leidos leadership.

Taking care of employees and customers is critical for long term success.

9. ok company

I have been working at TASC

Pros

great education benefits and career resources

Cons

low salary. very small company

mentor younger employees

10. Good company to work for.

I have been working at TASC

Pros

Flexible work hours, Good starting salary and healthy work environment. Just started working here 4 months ago and the people are great. Low level manager's seem to care about there people but seem to have little say on direction of the company

Cons

Employee incentives such as yearly salary increases and bonuses seem to be lacking. Medical deductibles are high like most companies but at least they are affordable with low premiums

Invest in your people and your people will invest in the company.

Typical Beltway Bandit

Former Employee - Systems Engineer V in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer V in Washington, DC

I worked at TASC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good, intelligent co-workers who support each other. Upper management wants to do right by them.

Cons

Management willing to sacrifice benefits to reduce costs and win contracts. It is a 'race to the bottom' and will not lead to long term growth.

There are better ways to reduce costs than cut vacation and health benefits. Try reducing overhead at the upper management level.