TASC Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
TASC President and Chief Executive Officer John Hynes
John Hynes

Pros
  • Very good benefits, flexible work schedule (in 7 reviews)

• TASC also recognizes work-life balance is important to employee retention (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • After the split from Northrop Grumman there have been some hard challenges the company is going through to reinvent it self (in 12 reviews)

• Middle/senior management less enlightened than C Team (in 8 reviews)

1. Good company, good work (new employee, <1 yr on the job)

Current Employee - Engineer II in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Engineer II in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at TASC

Pros

Fell more like a person than a number since the company is much smaller than the "Big Three" [Aerospace/Defense contractors - LM, NG, Boeing], but still a lot of flexibility in available work/contracts to get involved in. Everyone seems to pull their weight; program management and division management always ask to see if you like what you are working on or if you want to work on something different. It seems that paid overtime is available if you want it and ask for it (in case you want/need extra money to pay bills, plan a wedding/vacation, etc.). People seem to care about you as a person; even though business development is important, employees are still respected and taken into account/not taken for granted.

Cons

So far, for myself, nothing has been a downside. I've heard working on proposals is a lot of overtime, and sometimes not paid, but mostly this is only if you work for the corporate office or are in program management.

Advice to Management

So far, my review of management (what I've seen) is that they are doing a good job; they care for their people, they make sure their people like what they're doing, and they are very supportive if you have personal issues that take you away from your job (they ask others to donate their Paid Time Off (PTO) on behalf of others who might be going through issues that take them away from work or they help out people who ask them for paid overtime if they are in need of it). They communicate well and know everyone in their section/division. They make you feel like a person and not just a number.

My experience with TASC has been very fulfilling both personally and professionally.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at TASC

Pros

Not only do I enjoy knowing that my job and my company make a positive impact on the safety of the country, I really enjoy the people I work with at TASC. We have a wonderful workforce filled with highly intelligent, dedicated, friendly and responsive people. In addition, from my experience, the senior management team does not just ‘talk the talk’ but also ‘walks the walk’. They have proven over time that they listen and respond to the feedback they receive and integrate it into new strategies and policies for the betterment of the company.

Cons

This is not really a con, but more of a challenge that lies with a lot of companies that provide government advisory services. A significant portion of the workforce is regional/onsite with the customer. However, TASC has done an excellent job mitigating the communication challenges accompaying this, including many regional visits by the leadership team and even the CEO.

Advice to Management

As TASC continues to put the structure in place through its reorganization to best meet the needs of its' customers, my advice would be to continue emphasizing communication across the organization.

3. job

Current Employee - Tech in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Tech in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TASC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

great place to start career.

Cons

low employer contributed 401k plan

Advice to Management

listen to your employees requests

5. Awesome company!

Current Employee - Statistician
    Current Employee - Statistician

I have been working at TASC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are stellar and work is very interesting.

Cons

There are not really many cons I can think of.

6. A Good Run with the Company

Former Employee - Systems Engineer IV in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer IV in Chantilly, VA

I worked at TASC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They have some of the best benefits. Not only do they offer college reimbursement, but they also offer to fund certifications courses that don't count against the college fund. They do try to keep people for a career.

Cons

There are some really great managers, and some not so good managers as with any company.

Advice to Management

Senior management needs to ensure that middle management cares for their people which is the reason the company is successful.

7. mid-top down view from TASC

Current Employee - Section Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Section Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at TASC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

open management, strong engineering and management skills. broad access to several growth gov markets. Good treating of people and their careers.

Cons

Several layers of hierarchy and long lead in adoption of new types of business. great for engineer and managers, a bit slow for people in between.

Advice to Management

Focus on translating your strategy to execution. The organization is too used to old way of doing business. Keep up the great work!

8. TASC cares about it's employees.

Current Employee - Systems Engineer V in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer V in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at TASC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Highly recommend this employer. Good benefits.

Cons

Limited new projects. Make sure you are on a long term contract.

Excellent, loyal company.

Former Employee - Computer Systems Analyst in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Computer Systems Analyst in San Antonio, TX

I worked at TASC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Despite being tied to several Federal contracts, my company was one of the most open and LOYAL companies I have yet to work with. Our leadership broke their backs in order to ensure we were taken care of, and had no worries, finding positions for many of the people in order to keep them at TASC. Had I not had such an enormous career advancement with another company, I would have singularly chose TASC, Inc. to "grow roots" with!!

Cons

Not so much a con, but more of an informational comment: We were side-by-side with the customer at the sites we were working at, thus we were mandated to be on our "best" behavior (and appearance)! If you're looking for a more relaxed environment with shorts and t-shirts, they may not be you.

Advice to Management

No advice. The management at this company ushered me into the government contracting world, and I had NO complaints!

10. Property Administrator

Former Employee - Property Administrator in Falls Church, VA
    Former Employee - Property Administrator in Falls Church, VA

I worked at TASC full-time

Pros

Government polices slows down the process in accomplishing missions.

Cons

Good management with a willingness to listen to down line employees.

Advice to Management

Listen to your downline

11. Excellent company to work for

Former Employee - Telecomm OSP Engineer in Frederick, MD
    Former Employee - Telecomm OSP Engineer in Frederick, MD

I worked at TASC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

TASC is a large company dealing with government contracts. Excellent values and treats employees as family Wages are applicable and standard to employee type of work and experience

Cons

Government contracts are only for a certain timeline

Advice to Management

TASC should be able to understand a little more about the type of work employees do and what is required of them when bidding on contracts that are new to their companies expertise. This could help win the contract and keep more coming in the future

RSS Feed </> Embed