TASC Reviews

Updated September 27, 2014
2.8

TASC President and Chief Executive Officer John Hynes
John Hynes

Pros
  • Very good benefits, flexible work schedule (in 7 reviews)

• TASC also recognizes work-life balance is important to employee retention (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Since the divestment from Northrop Grumman TASC has lost its identity (in 11 reviews)

• Senior management was usually promoted from within or at least came with a government background (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

No long term strategy or plan at this company

Current Employee - Systems Engineer  in  Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at TASC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Commensurate benefits with competitors
    Nothing else

Cons

Rudderless company handcuffed by their equity owners

Consider buying out our owners to better control our destiny

Customer focused, results oriented

Current Employee - Systems Engineer  in  Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Arlington, VA

I have been working at TASC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent opportunity for consulting and gaining experience in client environment

Cons

New Medical plan changes involving large deductibles

Need more collaboration with onsite staff and a more structured goals setting that includes personal objectives

Excellent Place to Work

Former Employee - Software Test Engineer  in  Stafford, VA
    Former Employee - Software Test Engineer in Stafford, VA

I worked at TASC full-time for more than a year

Pros

A great place to work, provides ongoing training in many technical and business topic areas. Very good benefits, flexible work schedule. A well-respected company in the DoD and DHS sectors. Very professional work environment that promotes high ethical standards.

Cons

None that pertain to employer-employee relationship. I was there one year two months and did not experience much of any negative situations. Only thing to complain about was there corporate policy on PCs was tightly locked down. Not what most software developers want to have. I ended up having to carry around two laptops - one for corporate connectivity that was locked down and another open laptop for my daily work that I could install my favorite (paid and licensed) development tools on.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Helping other's

Current Employee - Medicaid Enrollment Specialist  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Medicaid Enrollment Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TASC full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoy working for a company that helps people when they are in a difficult situation.

Cons

You may encounter people that just don't want to be bothered no matter what it is that you our offering. Sometimes people are very mean, rude, and disrespectful and that saddens me.

Race to the Bottom

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at TASC full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

A lot of good colleagues, work that is important to the nation. Lean upper management

Cons

In the past couple years, too many large contracts were lost and the company has cut and slashed everywhere. Our medical benefits were greatly changed and skyrocketed, 401k contribution cut, profit sharing taken away, pension eliminated (technically that happened when TASC was divested from Northrop Grumman), most internal professional groups eliminated, no apparent investment in R&D or cutting edge technology. Terrible IT support that is outsourced from Unisys too. TASC used to be a place with top scientists and engineers would go, but with a focus strongly on systems engineering and nothing to attract them, there's a disconnect that Sr leaders haven't figured out.

Separate from the holding companies that are killing this company. Consider going employee owned or something. TASC may be able to win work, but if you can't recruit and keep enough good talent, the company is doomed.

Bad management

Former Employee - Senior Test Engineer
    Former Employee - Senior Test Engineer

I worked at TASC full-time for more than a year

Pros

A few good people work there.

Cons

Management is horrible. No, training. Does not value employees. You have to be a favorite to gain longevity.

Believe in and value employees. Train those alrrady on board for future contracts.

A Good Company in a tough industry

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Chantilly, VA

I worked at TASC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Easy to transfer internally, overall nice people, Education Assistance is much more than most other companies

Cons

Not a lot of young hires, no consistency to managers, poor growth structure

solidify growth/training structure, make sure managers have the same training, more transparency

Employees Now Seen as an Unnecessary Expense

Former Employee - Systems Engineer V  in  Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer V in Chantilly, VA

I worked at TASC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Company Name is easy to spell

Cons

Company Benefits contributions from employees for health insurancea are more expensive than purchasing individual insurances.
    Since getting spun off from Northrop Grumman and sold to venture capitalist KKR, the company has been shedding experienced and skilled engineers and moved from a well-respected systems integrator to a software coding and systems administration shop.

Compensation and benefits are no longer competitive with engineering skills in the market. Employee stability is a thing of the past. Layoffs are de rigueur these days. The experience and skills level within the company are falling as is the reputation once claimed as a leader in complex engineering solutions.

Ok company but needs to care more about its employees

I have been working at TASC full-time

Pros

The work is interesting and the schedule is flexible. Most of the people are friendly, easy to work with, and very intelligent so the learning opportunities are quite good.

Cons

The company needs to show that it cares about its employees. They have steadily been decreasing benefits every year and raises are extremely small or non-existent. Advancement opportunities are also difficult to come by. Lower-level managers are given no training or time to learn about issues that are important to their employees, and are expected to perform personnel management duties off the clock. This severely restricts their level of effectiveness and can lead to employees feeling uninformed, and ultimately, unimportant to the company as the company is not willing to invest time or money back into their workforce. The company is expecting more and more from its employees while offering them less and less in return.

Show the employees that they are worth keeping around by investing in their future with the company. Provide lower level managers time and opportunities to learn valuable information that their employees will likely want to discuss. Provide more advancement opportunities.

Vertical and horizontal movement

I have been working at TASC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Long-term career there gave me a number of opportunities to move throughout the company. Supportive line management and training ability.

Cons

Benefits were not the best as time went on.

Worked for TASC? Contribute to the Community!