TASC Reviews

Reset

1. cyber incident analyst

Current Employee - Cyber Analyst in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Cyber Analyst in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at TASC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours with education and certification reimbursement. I liked the people I worked with

Cons

The job was boring and the benefits fir health care and dental were poor. They would let you go as soon as you gave them your 2 week notice.

Advice to Management

I was paid well but sums of my coworkers were being paid 30% less than what I was and we were doing the same job.

A poor choice

Former Employee - Contract Administrator in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Contract Administrator in Chantilly, VA

I worked at TASC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

When I joined the company after the spin off from NG there was high hopes for future growth. However the company maintained the processes and culture of the NG behemoth. They were a mid-size beltway contractor and the benefits and pay were adequate. The former mgmt was nice and responsive. The cafeteria was nice.

Cons

By the time I left the company been through several rounds of layoffs, the executive management was completely gutted and spending on people and workplace fell through the floor. Perhaps it was necessary due to the repeated contract losses suffered. Instead of rallying the troops to press forward the company cut positions, cut pay, and slashed benefits. The remaining management was entirely unfit for duty. I was not surprised to hear they were bought out by a larger firm. I cannot speak for the new owner but as for TASC itself I would avoid like the plague until they have documented performance. Things to expect -Low pay -Abysmal benefits -Lackluster management -No vision -No drive

Advice to Management

To the new owners, cut all the former management and invest in the few dedicated worker bees who stuck around out of loyalty.

Post Employment

Former Employee - Program Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Program Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at TASC

Pros

Not much. Was competitive in salary but has turned there back on that in recent months.

Cons

Company has made many poor senior management decisions over the last two years which resulted in lost opportunities. Does not understand DoD customer base and is too focused on Intelligence Community trying to use the same approach with DoD.

Advice to Management

Take a serious look at your middle management team. They are poor decision makers.

5. Excellent Opportunities if you seek career growth, but you have to be proactive in finding opportunities.

I worked at TASC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent working environment and strong technical peers

Cons

Cross company outreach for opportunities, employees need to be proactive in their career growth however lots of opportunities to do so.

6. Enjoyed my time with TASC and the team I worked with.

Former Employee - Systems Engineer V in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer V in Aurora, CO

I worked at TASC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great company and management when I was there. Very good compensation and benefits. People in my group were exceptional professionals from the admins to fellow engineers Excellent training benefits Consistent Fair regular reviews and feedback East coast managers and team were inclusive even when some of us were cross country.

Cons

Was remote from the east coast organization which made it impossible to attend any internal professional training without impacting my customer. Segments of the IT infrastructure didn't work well for remote employees and it sometimes made it difficult to participate or contribute in a meaningful manner.

Some good people to work with, but team as a whole lacks cohesion

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at TASC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Although paid time off is limited TASC provides a flexible schedule to maximize the paid time provided. Depending on the customer a team member supports this could also include opportunities to work remote. In general a good group of professionals to work with. Most team members work well with others and managers are cordial and interested in the success of each team member. TASC has made some progress in realigning discrepancies between company office employees and customer site employees by providing same amount of time off to both groups. Compensation tends to be in line with industry, but can be diminished by a lesser benefits package.

Cons

On site management lacks skills at team management and team advocacy. On site management also provides engineering support so that professional tasks and people management concerns compete for time. On site management leadership known to punish entire team for misconduct of individual team member. Depending on the role of a team member responsibilities may be vaguely defined and poorly understood by management. As a result management has neither knowledge and/or time to adequately address team member concerns. Low bid contract hinders advancement and raises within the same team. Minimal paid time off.

Advice to Management

Train customer site management and team on team management and advocacy. More team building events that involve the whole team in an inclusive manner. Include team awareness as to what each team role involves so that team mangers and individual team members understand what each role contributes and can effectively support one another.

8. A good company

Former Employee - Senior Systems Architect in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Architect in Washington, DC

I worked at TASC

Pros

Good pay, good people, good work, nice facilities

Cons

Government contractor; work tasks are irregular and can be repetitive when government bosses change their minds too often. Limited vacation time, no sick time.

Advice to Management

find some way to improve fun and camaraderie. More vacation time.

Awful.

I have been working at TASC full-time

Pros

The only perk is it pays well.

Cons

Awful people in a cutthroat environment.

Spinning My Wheels and Getting Nowhere Fast

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at TASC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

TASC has great benefits, They are especially generous with educational assistance, whether going for a degree, certificate or a certification. However, since the recent acquisition by Engility, I expect the benefits will likely take a deep cut. From what I've heard, Engility's benefits are not nearly as robust as TASC's.

Cons

I have worked for TASC nearly 3 years and am YET to receive my first raise. I have been on projects for the past 1-1/2+ years and received rave reviews from the client. Still, there's been no increase to speak of. What's worse is that we've been told that many of our salaries are below market. My salary does NOT match my experience, skill set, nor the time and effort I have put into working for TASC. There are a LOT of deserving people who have not yet been rewarded for their efforts. On the other hand, others have been promoted and/or receive salary increases but did not deserve it. What a farce! What a shame!!! Favoritism, especially when undeserved, impacts morale and leads to employee turnover. Last, there's little or no room for advancement. Thus, professional growth is stymied, leading to unhappy employees going in and out of a revolving door.

Advice to Management

Reward your employees that have proven themselves to be assets, not only to TASC but also to your clients, customers, etc. Be fair and balanced in salaries. Don't be partial to some and unfair to others who are deserving of the salary increase and/or promotion. When employees prove themselves, pull their load, and give their best effort (mind you, all of which is repeatedly expressed by the customers they serve), know that you owe them for their service, especially if you expect to keep them. Don't withhold what rightfully belongs to them. Unfortunately, I've been spinning my wheels and getting nowhere fast.

Budget Analyst

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at TASC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

No Pro's left...the company has deteriorated to a point where it's become who can get out fastest.

Cons

I have watched management eat up, what little profits there are, with high salaries and bonuses for the executives, while the employee's have not had any raises in more than 3 years and, even though annual bonuses are "supposed" to happen, they don't (at least not for anyone below Director level (Director and above get their bonuses). Benefits have been cut to the point that you're almost better off going through "Affordable Health Care" program. TASC doesn't understand their customers, don't meet the customer needs, and certainly don't meet the employee's needs. TASC has some seriously talented employee's...but many are RIF'd because they make too much money (you get what you pay for dude's), or they leave for other employment because they are fed up with the BS. I understand the economy, and government cut backs...but the decisions that upper Management at TASC is making are truly BAD, and have resulted in the loss of some outstanding employee's and some seriously important government contracts.

Advice to Management

None...they won't listen anyway. In the 5 years since it's separation from Northrop Grumman, they have had extremely talented people give them advice...they don't take it...so I'll give none here...it's not like they care, or even read these boards anyhow!

RSS Feed </> Embed