TASC

TASC Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

TASC President and Chief Executive Officer John Hynes

John Hynes

Pros
  • TASC also recognizes work-life balance is important to employee retention (in 4 reviews)

• TASC still has a lot of good people and plenty of interesting work (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Since the divestment from Northrop Grumman TASC has lost its identity (in 9 reviews)

• Senior management was usually promoted from within or at least came with a government background (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Good company...faulty centralization

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOne of the most awesome aspects of working at TASC is the annual education allowance. They beat everyone else hands down in this area. Certifications are also paid for over and above the educational allowance.

ConsTASC has attempted to centralize management to Chantilly. External offices are treated like outsiders, and there is a perception that favoritism is regular occurrence for anyone living in Chantilly.

Advice to Senior ManagementBiggest piece of business sense that TASC needs, is that although regular communication of vision from the top man is great, not offering or communicating how this will be precisely completed...all the way down to local office management is an outright failing. Change management WORKS, but only when there is a buy-in from the people changing. Upper management leaves local offices feeling like red-headed step-children at times. And, frankly, playing favorites with the folk that live in the management office proper...is nothing more than playing favorites. Benefit of the doubt firmly in place...it is still difficult not to see it as anything else. Other than that, top notch people...the company has a LOT of potential!

Great start to my career

Engineering Manager (Former Employee) Chantilly, VA

ProsTASC is a big enough company that there are plenty of opportunities to move between projects and between careers paths.

ConsSince the divestment from Northrop Grumman TASC has lost its identity. Instead of focusing on the high-level engineering work that established TASC as a trusted partner across all government agencies, the company is now chasing any work it can find.

Very bad management - let people go with no reason - that is their policy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey used to be better when Northrop Grumman but as TASC they are lacking!

ConsBad management. They feel that if an employee can leave for no significant reason then they can fire for no reason and get away with it . They don't promote people for their work skills but more on how well you comply to management.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better educated in managing a company. I respect the CEO but he doesn't see all that goes on.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work. Challenging times.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood people across the company. Work life balance is decent. Company recognizes contributions that over and above the job requirements and compensate accordingly.

ConsStill some growing pains with immature processes and a challenging federal contracting market. Some organizational chaos as management slims down to meet future needs.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the organization settle down before making anymore significant changes.

overall positive, but jury still out on the new executive leadership, which is almost exclusively from SAIC

Prosgenerally good salary and benefits. deep culture of big brains. tends to take a long-term view.

Consculture of the company has changed significantly in the last 4 months.

Advice to Senior Managementneed to improve internal communications and create an inclusive environment that leverages the strengths and insights of both former and new TASC employees.

Will continue to flounder until its equity partners sell the company

Systems Administrator (Current Employee) McLean, VA

ProsGood people and some good contracts left.

ConsNo strategic management - hands tied by equity partners, seemingly powerless to deal changing gov. market, like other contractors downward pressure on pay and benefits.

Advice to Senior Managementbroaden your market, separate from equity partner, find a buyer - not likely in the current environment.

A great place to work...plays conservative ball.

Systems Engineer III (Former Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsWell positioned, well placed and knowledgeable personnel and management. I enjoyed working for them and appreciated the professional approach to my work. They appreciated my input and insights, making me feel like a part of a team.

ConsDifficulty accepting 'out of the box' solutions but pretend they do. It is hard to understand what management is thinking when they don't always share back with you. While hindsight might be 20/20 it often appears as if based on that key understanding that some of those "lessons learned" are indoctrinated back into the mix.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep close to what made the original company great, good people a sound business plan and being able to adjust fire on the fly. Embrace new ideas...downsizing hurt everyone but senior staff less so.

TASC has gone down hill in the past 2 years.

ProsFlexibility and being able to provide support to ongoing war efforts.

ConsNo promotions, no raises. Minimal opportunity for growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward high value employees and get rid of the dead weight.

They need to get their act together

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Annapolis Junction, MD

ProsThere are some talented people that really care about what they are working.

ConsContinuing focus on Systems Engineering and Software Engineering work, which caused the Conflict of Interest issues which led Northrop Grumman to divest TASC to begin with; ;constant employee turnover; constant senior management turnover; no raises; constant benefit cuts; and contract losses continue.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to continue to go after Systems Engineering (SETA) work, create a totally separate entity to do that so it's separate from your other business.

Middle of the road, Mid-size contractor

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chantilly, VA

ProsThere is work-life balance. While other things are sub-par, the work is easy enough that you can get home to your personal life on time.

ConsPoor management; less than stellar technical opportunities. The overall communication at the company is terrible. They say one thing and will follow through on something else.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove your communication immediately. I have never seen a company change their communication so often and so quickly to the detriment of their staff

Worked for TASC? Contribute to the Community!