42% of the CEO
I have been working at TCF Bank part-time for more than 3 years
Pros – - Management staff is great; we have one of the best branch managers I have ever worked with. She is amazing and sacrifices so much to see that our branch is operating efficiently.
- Many good products & services offered to customers and employees; free checking AND savings accounts.
- The environment is relatively comfortable when the branch isn't hectic or customers aren't cursing at you. Some customers are astonishingly courteous and understanding.
- TCF Stock Purchase Plan; investing in an above-average company.
Cons – - Constant changing of company policies & procedures; some may benefit customers, others may hurt customers. Questionable practices.
- Employees are judged upon how fast they can complete transactions and balance. Balancing is important, but one shouldn't place an employee in drive-thru every shift just because he/she isn't "Speedy Gonzales" in the front.
- Irate customers that curse profusely, even over little things. Some are just flat-out rude and could care less about you, but just their money.
- Lackluster technical equipment & devices; stuff breaks down almost all the time and is EXTREMELY annoying.
- Literally impossible to make sales goals by being in the drive-thru; people are in a rush and do not care about another savings account, it seems.
- Too much gossip among staff about the music industry and talk about what is on TV; staff sometimes not prepared with coin or products (money orders, checks) to assist customers.
Advice to Senior Management – Don't judge your employees and play favorites. Help all of your employees to do their jobs well and strive for excellence. And please stop spending so much time on the latest gossip and reality shows on TV.
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company
2013-01-08 23:26 PST
I worked at TCF Bank
Pros – the position is a good experience for your resume
Cons – there is no effective communication between management and employees and management are never satisfied with employees goals or accomplishment they always demand more and more.
Advice to Senior Management – give employees fair treatment and pat on back for good jobs and confront all employees concerns and feedback not just "favorites" employee.
2011-09-22 16:05 PDT
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.
Simply post an anonymous review for a current/former employer or recent interview experience. Your post is anonymous – and if you're worried someone will be able to identify your review, you can even post without telling us your job title and location. Learn More.
No thanks –