TCP

Ellis Yan

Great experience so far

Manager (Current Employee)
Aurora, OH

I have been working at TCP full-time

ProsThe company has a great future ahead, many opportunities for growth both domestically and internationally. The feel at work is somewhat family, not so much corporate as it is in the big corporations (which I have experience with as well). I feel like I matter here as a person, not just an employee who adds to the bottom line.

ConsThe company is not public yet, rules and processes are lost between 'so and so told me to do so' and 'let's go this route because it's easier'. More structure will benefit the company in helping it grow faster and easier, streamline processes and save lots of money and resources in the process.

Advice to Senior ManagementSo far no advice other than - create a follow the same processes day in and day out to make the job easier and error-proof.

Engineer

I have been working at TCP

ProsGreat team, fast pace, friendly environment,

Consneed more communication among different departments

Trying

I have been working at TCP full-time for more than a year

ProsI strongly feel TCP offers the best LED product on the market with the ELITE series. Exciting things to come as well. The people I work with are fantastic and we do everything we can to help each other out. The benefits are positive as well, good insurance, prescription plan, etc.

ConsThe people I work FOR are a whole different story. Morale is very low in the department, and despite multiple attempts to bring this up to the managers and even HR, nothing is being done about it. It's a CYA culture, where you are encoraged to worry more about yourself and your job than you are the team you work with. There are a few people who also feel the need to throw their fellow employees under the bus and are seemingly rewarded for doing a terrible job when they fire others who are out-performing them.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people who do the brunt of the work. You keep ignoring them and the turnover rate is going to continue to skyrocket.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Seems like a nice place at first.

Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at TCP full-time for more than 3 years

ProsTCP has a small company feel so you get the sense like you matter. They try to make the environment more like a family company. You get to know a lot of your fellow employees in other departments. They also have annual company outings like picnics, zoo trips, and holiday parties.

ConsHR has too much power. They make policies without considering how it will affect doing your job. Usually it negatively impacts moral. As an example, they made everyone in every department make customer survey calls. It's hard to do your regular work when you're on the phone asking confused people how satisfied they were with their last shipment of lights! Also people fear that HR is constantly watching them to screw up.
TCP has been trying to go public for a long time, and so they are constantly making their bottom line attractive. Unfortunately this causes them to lay off people from time to time. There were 2 layoffs in the 3 years I was there, and they tend to do it around the holidays.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually talk with people before making decisions that will change their work environment.

Horrible Place To Work

I have been working at TCP full-time for more than a year

ProsThe company does offer an onsite cafeteria and fitness center. HR is known for throwing parties. Some managers are actually helpful.

ConsThere is no work-life balance in most departments, management demands employees to work outrageous hours. Benefits are horrible, there are a few perks to the health care plan but you pay for them with higher than normal rates. No determined company goals or agreement among the management team. Management can not get along with each other to get anything accomplished.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is a reason why employees keep quitting, take time to understand why employees keep leaving. Have a human resource department that actually focuses on employee concerns and complaints, not one that is only focused on the next party to plan. There are departments that need help while other departments have people sitting around doing nothing, including managers. Better and more affordable benefits would help.

excellent work atmosphere.

Project Engineer (Current Employee)
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at TCP full-time for more than 10 years

Prosopportunity excel yourself in every department of professional front.

Consduty is 24x7 over responsibility at work

Advice to Senior Managementclear the role of each one of the employee.

Great team, great environment

CG Artist (Current Employee)
Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I have been working at TCP full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat work atmosphere. Frendly people.

ConsNo any cons for now

Advice to Senior ManagementNo any adv for now

It's an ok place.

I have been working at TCP

Prosit's a pretty cool place to work. i think where i was everyone got along and management staff relations were good.

Consthe people sometimes get forgotten in the process. i could have used some more feedback to know how i was doing.

Advice to Senior Managementtake some of the image you proejct to the public and turn it around and use it internally with your people

Worked for TCP? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TCP reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TCP CEO Ellis Yan. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by TCP employees.