TCP

2.3

Ellis Yan

Engineer

I have been working at TCP

Pros

Great team, fast pace, friendly environment,

Cons

need more communication among different departments

Overworked and under payed

I have been working at TCP

Pros

Good PTO and Sick benefits
    Great prices

Cons

Overload of work with no payroll

Upper management needs to work in our shoes for a few days to actually see how stores run with little payroll

Cluster F

I worked at TCP

Pros

Decent socket based LED lamps

Cons

Disorganized, no leadership, no commission plan, and lack of any sort of training.

Better leadership, create commission plan for sales team and hire a VP of Sales to v oversee different channels. Too flat currently.

Trying

I have been working at TCP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I strongly feel TCP offers the best LED product on the market with the ELITE series. Exciting things to come as well. The people I work with are fantastic and we do everything we can to help each other out. The benefits are positive as well, good insurance, prescription plan, etc.

Cons

The people I work FOR are a whole different story. Morale is very low in the department, and despite multiple attempts to bring this up to the managers and even HR, nothing is being done about it. It's a CYA culture, where you are encoraged to worry more about yourself and your job than you are the team you work with. There are a few people who also feel the need to throw their fellow employees under the bus and are seemingly rewarded for doing a terrible job when they fire others who are out-performing them.

Listen to the people who do the brunt of the work. You keep ignoring them and the turnover rate is going to continue to skyrocket.

Great experience so far

Current Employee - Manager in Aurora, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Aurora, OH

I have been working at TCP full-time

Pros

The company has a great future ahead, many opportunities for growth both domestically and internationally. The feel at work is somewhat family, not so much corporate as it is in the big corporations (which I have experience with as well). I feel like I matter here as a person, not just an employee who adds to the bottom line.

Cons

The company is not public yet, rules and processes are lost between 'so and so told me to do so' and 'let's go this route because it's easier'. More structure will benefit the company in helping it grow faster and easier, streamline processes and save lots of money and resources in the process.

So far no advice other than - create a follow the same processes day in and day out to make the job easier and error-proof.

Seems like a nice place at first.

Former Employee - Engineer in Aurora, OH
    Former Employee - Engineer in Aurora, OH

I worked at TCP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

TCP has a small company feel so you get the sense like you matter. They try to make the environment more like a family company. You get to know a lot of your fellow employees in other departments. They also have annual company outings like picnics, zoo trips, and holiday parties.

Cons

HR has too much power. They make policies without considering how it will affect doing your job. Usually it negatively impacts moral. As an example, they made everyone in every department make customer survey calls. It's hard to do your regular work when you're on the phone asking confused people how satisfied they were with their last shipment of lights! Also people fear that HR is constantly watching them to screw up.
    TCP has been trying to go public for a long time, and so they are constantly making their bottom line attractive. Unfortunately this causes them to lay off people from time to time. There were 2 layoffs in the 3 years I was there, and they tend to do it around the holidays.

Actually talk with people before making decisions that will change their work environment.

Horrible Place To Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, OH

I have been working at TCP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company does offer an onsite cafeteria and fitness center. HR is known for throwing parties. Some managers are actually helpful.

Cons

There is no work-life balance in most departments, management demands employees to work outrageous hours. Benefits are horrible, there are a few perks to the health care plan but you pay for them with higher than normal rates. No determined company goals or agreement among the management team. Management can not get along with each other to get anything accomplished.

There is a reason why employees keep quitting, take time to understand why employees keep leaving. Have a human resource department that actually focuses on employee concerns and complaints, not one that is only focused on the next party to plan. There are departments that need help while other departments have people sitting around doing nothing, including managers. Better and more affordable benefits would help.

It's an ok place.

I have been working at TCP

Pros

it's a pretty cool place to work. i think where i was everyone got along and management staff relations were good.

Cons

the people sometimes get forgotten in the process. i could have used some more feedback to know how i was doing.

take some of the image you proejct to the public and turn it around and use it internally with your people