TD Ameritrade Reviews in Fort Worth, TX

Updated August 27, 2014

3.5

TD Ameritrade President, CEO & Director Fred Tomczyk
Fred Tomczyk

Pros
  • Work-life balance is good if you want to leave the office promptly at 5 (in 18 reviews)

• Great benefits outside of salary (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • No sick pay, multiple upper management positions for single teams, TPS reports (in 12 reviews)

• I have no idea why some reviews suggest there is a good work/life balance (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

55 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Current Employee - Senior Resource Desk Representative  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Resource Desk Representative in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at TD Ameritrade full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexibility to work a shift that suits your lifestyle

Cons

Good Old Boy mentality of senior leaders when hiring for managers

I Didn't Know Hell existed on Earth

Former Employee - Financial Representative Broker  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Financial Representative Broker in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at TD Ameritrade full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good medical benefit and I mean medical benefits only. Flexible schedule.

Cons

Where do I start? First, don't be fooled by the reviews from Omaha because their city lacks employers so there just happy to have a job. This companies philosophy is seduce you with advancement opportunities, but you never get compensated much for advancing. HR forgets to tell you about that part. I started out as a Financial Rep Broker who was already licensed, which pays from 35K to 43K. I got promoted a few times to other positions within the company, but each time I was promoted I would receive a $1,500 increase, which is a joke. This companies annual increases are usually 1-2%, which adds to your frustration that you don't get paid anything. My last position I was offered was a PCS Broker, which is the highest paid broker at TD. They told me I would only get a penny increase, literally .01 cent. I asked them why I would be ignorant enough to except the position for a penny increase, when it required more responsibility and more phone calls than the average broker on my team? Managements justification to me was that my job title name would change. That I should consider myself honored to have this title without pay. I declined the job offer. Management preys on the fact that the job market isn't good. There are 3 routes you can go to advance at TD. The first route is service, and the highest position you can have is a PCS broker. This job pays around 45K plus quarterly bonuses, but they bonuses are a joke for the abuse you take on the phones. The second route is sales, and the highest position you can have is an Investment Consultant. IC's make around 50K plus bonuses, but most of the time you don't blow out your sales, so you're stuck with this salary. Also, if you miss your sales goals 2 quarter in a row they let you go. The third route is management. This job takes an act of god to get, because you have to be the biggest brown noser on the planet. Also, you have to be under educated to have this job, and enjoy playing solitaire. If you have in MBA or a law degree don't even bother applying for a management position. Managers at this company always fear people that are educated, because they worry you'll take their job some day. The culture at this company is horrible. Everyone that has worked at this company over a year ends up hating the company. They keep cutting back on quarterly bonuses, but they say there going to increase the compensation you make through sales goals. This is an outright lie. If you're intelligent enough to do the math you'll realize you're getting cheated out of more compensation. I received numerous Presidents Club awards at this company, and it's their highest honor they can give to a person. I say this because I don't want people to read this post, and say oh this guy probably wasn't a high performer, that's why he's frustrated about the pay. In my 4 years at TD my salary only increased 7k. Compared to friends of mine that joined a competing firm in the area, I saw their salary increase over 30K in 4 years. I resigned at TD, and immediately got a 25k increase with another employer. Don't waste your time with this company unless you lack a college degree, like being paid peanuts, like taking 80-120 inbound calls a day or enjoy being micromanaged to the point of insanity. This place is hell on Earth.

PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES MORE MONEY. When the economy gets better you're going to have a mass exodus. Then you'll only be able to hire under educated monkeys to grow TD.

Get your license and LEAVE

Former Employee - Financial Representative  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Financial Representative in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at TD Ameritrade full-time for more than a year

Pros

They pay for you to get your license, USED to be a good place to work, decent pay if you work your butt off (and I mean close to a thousand hours of OT and hit the top performance awards)

Cons

Treat people fairly- they like to pick favorites, There is no such thing as a "promotion" every job besides sales is a lateral move and if you start on any shift other than 1st you will be getting a pay decrease when you move. They have introduced LEAN in the last year, though do not know how to operate with it, they have made alot of the employees mad and lost alot of people

Be there... It would be nice if you could ever find a manager when you needed one. Quit asking for more, and taking away the tools to get more. Also if your going to preach your values, live by them.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you like to be challenged... This is the place to be!

Current Employee - Investment Services  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Investment Services in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at TD Ameritrade full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good training; Very decent benefits; Many opportunities to make additional income and bonuses; Managers that actually work with you to help you win ($$)!

Cons

Hours can be a little rough if you do nights/weekends
    If you're lazy or desire to be average, You will not like working here... Just saying

Lean works! Make sure it is important to you so it will be important to your team.

Good place to start

Former Employee - Manager  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at TD Ameritrade full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great Place to start your career, a lot of different areas, management does very well at buying up all competition.

Cons

Your job is always at jeopardy. Low pay because it is a discount brokerage

Respect your employees

Looking for more advancement

Current Employee - Senior Relationship Manager  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Relationship Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at TD Ameritrade full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

We have awesome and very competitive benefits. The core values are visibe throughout the organization from top executives downward. Rewards and recognition programs have also gained momentum and importance over the last few years. Upper management is doing a better job of recognizing associates that work hard and display the core values. I feel very appreciated by my direct management.

Cons

The company is transitioning to be more lean and with that a lot of change is happening throughout the organization. Change can be difficult for employees but the execution of the lean transition has not been handeled efficiently. There has been some chaos and I feel we are working reactively instead of more proactively at times.

Great place work

Current Employee - Manager  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at TD Ameritrade full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great benefits and excellent bonus program

Cons

growing pains very fast paced

lean yourself out....management needs to practice what they preach

for profit company doesn't care about employees as much as they say they do

Former Employee - Manager  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at TD Ameritrade full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Decent compensation with bonus incentives for every level of employment. Benefits are pretty good and they have great rewards and recognition programs. There are plenty of opportunities for career development. FREE COFFEE!

Cons

they don't hesitate to lay people off to add a couple of cents to their EPS but at the same time spend thousands on new chairs or building renovations. they tend to expect salary employees to work 50+ hours per week instead of hiring enough people so that people can maintain a work-life balance

care more about employees, do 360 degree reviews on all levels of the company

Great people, fun place to work, not mucn room for growth

Current Employee - Associate Analyst  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Analyst in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at TD Ameritrade full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company that rewards associates fairly,
    Awesome corporate culture with great associates

Cons

Not much room for growth within the company
    Salary not competive

More competive salary

At least I have a job...

Current Employee - Strategy Analyst  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Strategy Analyst in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at TD Ameritrade full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It's easy to stand out

Cons

Low pay, long hours, and even less recognition

Align compensation and titling closer with competition

Worked for TD Ameritrade? Contribute to the Community!