TD Auto Finance

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tim Hockey

A fun place to work, but limited growth potential

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people are the best part

ConsLimited growth potential - you can't advance in the company unless you relocate to their headquarters

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to pay your employees more to market standards

It was horrible and underpaid

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are no pros to this job

ConsPeople will curse, disrespect you, and project negativity onto you day after day after day.

Advice to Senior ManagementRun

Credit Analyst

Retail Credit Analyst (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGreat environment and people. Everyone wants to see you do well.

ConsNot much room for advancement with in it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great People

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Farmington Hills, MI

ProsGreat people throughout the company. Everyone is willing to help you further your career.

ConsNothing bad to say just really unfortunate of the recent lay offs.

Solid Company, limited space for mobility

ProsGreat benefits. Loads of PTO. Top performers are rewarded with an all-inclusie annual trip to premier destinations

ConsBase pay is lower than competitors. Being a new company there are consistent policy changes. Lacks mobility to other departments.

Good stable company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsGreat co-workers and work culture

ConsCompensation needs to be more competitive

Take the negative reviews with a grain of salt

IT Professional (Current Employee) Farmington Hills, MI

ProsI have been with TD Auto Finance for almost 9 years, and have found it to be a multifaceted growing experience. Is the turnover high, sure it is... it seems to be about the same as all the other companies I have worked with. The benefits are competitively up there, even with the focus on being healthy next year. There are always lots of changes, and I have seen this auto finance unit grow significantly over the last several years, but that's good considering the economy and the auto industry crisis of 2008. What I would recommend if you are reviewing these comments while considering a job with TD Auto Finance is to go out and talk to the staff of other companies about their workplaces and make your own first hand opinion post networking with other professionals. It is actually quite easy to be successful at TD Auto Finance, work hard, be dependable, be consistent in character, have good attendance, do your job, give an honest day's work and you will be just fine.

ConsThe one thing I would recommend is to make better hiring decisions. I know we have to fill jobs really fast because it puts stress on everyone else when there is an opening, but if we took more time to make sure they were a fit and verified the source of their work ethic referrals we would likely see less turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on driving us towards our mission: “We will be the Best Run, Customer-Focused, Integrated Financial Institution, with a Unique and Inclusive Employee Culture.”

Horrible leadership, lack of effective management in Farmington Hills Technology Solutions.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Farmington Hills, MI

ProsTRMIS, BOSS, the cafeteria, all other business units in the building are large cohesive groups that are knowledgeable, hard working, easy to work with, and proud be a part of TD culture. Simply put, Technology Solutions is not. Management accountability is a problem. Truth be told, they cover their own and each other's *sses to set each other up for cross-departmental promotions. Only then can a security operations manager become an architecture manager, an application team manager become the security operations manager, a business analyst become an architecture manager, and an eccentric DBA become a solutions architect all with zero experience in their new roles and limited knowledge transfer due to everyone leaving. The best part of ever working here was employee appreciation week. This was the only time that everyone's existence was ever acknowledged. Sidenote: Each manager was supposed to write a personal thank you card for each of their workers...EPIC FAIL.

ConsContractors vs. Employees- there is a HUGE disconnect between the two and management makes you realize it. Compensation is always going to be lower than expected as well as any type of leadership you may seek. Be weary of architecture management-there are many new management roles and they, along with their department head, don't have a clue about managing/leading/coaching people. If you like a steady 9-5, don't even consider working here. The managers and employees will all leave by 5 (if not earlier) and after calling a 4:30 meeting, you will be responsible for 9am deliverables, even if it happens to be a 12 page memo. Gossip runs rampant around these parts (especially amongst the females), so it can be extremely difficult to trust your colleagues and even your manager, as they may just throw you under the bus for THEIR lack of attention, readiness, and know-how.

Enough is enough in jacksonville

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsI have nothing positive to say

ConsManagement will sale you a dream of how they are interested in making things better, this is only done so that they keep an ill-advised pulse on their workers. Management really doesn't care about their employees here. If your not in the IN CROWD, then your just another number on their cut list. I learned this the hard way, I've been with this company for 9 years and I watched them walk a young man out last week that meant a lot to this company. A manager who would unlike the rest of the management team, come around and say hello, and who was truly here to help. Yet management promotes those who kiss up , lie on others and fake it, or pop popcorn. I truly hate how they treat minorities, how management is not engaged as they should here. This center needs help

Advice to Senior ManagementDig deeper, see what's REALLY going on here. See who is for u and who is just faking it. The same folks who you praise are the same ones who hate you and the same ones you hate are sometimes your biggest advocates. WAKE UP....... The most recent fire hurts more than u know because they were one of the GOOD ONES

Remarketing

Prosflexabile schedule and great co-workers

ConsNo room for growth or additonal pay

Worked for TD Auto Finance? Contribute to the Community!