TD Bank

TD Bank Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

TD Bank Group President & CEO Ed Clark

Ed Clark

Pros
  • Great work life balance, a lot of flexibility with scheduling is what keeps me there(in 53 reviews)

• Excellent work environment with lots of people who want to see you grow(in 45 reviews)

Cons
  • I've heard about 30% of my peers do not have the same consistent work life balance that i do(in 42 reviews)

• long hours, branches are always understaffed, inept management(in 39 reviews)

Great Culture, But Its Hard To Get A Raise

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) Portland, ME

ProsTD provides training, career advancement, and the ability to experience various departments within a top 10 US Bank. The culture is very inclusive and has won various awards for being LGBT friendly and promoting women and minorities in leadership.

ConsThe compensation model for salaried employees with an annual bonus is "one size fits all" which drives nearly everyone to the average annual raise. It's common for new employees from outside of the bank coming into the same role to be making more than those who have been in the role for several years.

Advice to Senior ManagementPush for some sort of mid-year raise system that allows you to reward your best annual incentive salaried employees to be promoted.

Good company, generous package & incentives. But can easily work out the kinks.

Customer Service Representative I (Current Employee)

ProsI am impressed with how well the platform is treated by this company. They give generous PTO (paid time off), and insist that you use it or else you lose it for the bracket of the year. I suppose this is to "recharge" the people by sending them on vacation, so that they come back with better work performance.

The culture between the teller line and the platform is to have a team effort. The fact that everyone has to leave together after the business hours end is one example.

ConsWhich leads to my issues with the bank. The "leave together" concept, although a team effort, doesn't work very well. People have to get home and cannot wait for others in the teller line to finish any leftover work. It makes a lot of unnecessary overtime pay come out of the bank's weekly/monthly budget, which ultimately leaves for one or two extra monthly salaries that could greatly help for when there's too few staff.

The store I work at has an abysmally low compliance. The manager(s) don't want to go out to do presentations, entice businesses or what not to open accounts with us. What's more, the managers' bosses (regional) don't do a thing about changing or improving the store's compliance even though it's been happening for several years (coincidentally, the amount of time the store manager has been there).

Depending on management you work under can vary greatly on terms of unnecessary politics and drama experienced on the work floor. My bank in particular is in a bad situation, where the manager is gender-favorite, and makes an environment where everyone feels like they are a boss, one gender gets slaps on the wrist for doing something wrong, and the other gender gets severely punished for the same exact stuff. It's not a comfortable atmosphere at times, but as long as there's no blatant discrimination on my part, I'm fine.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe not all of your higher up's are doing their job. Check around and see what stands out like a sore thumb. Compared to other banks (Wells Fargo, BofA, etc), you have your work cut out for you to make a more convenient bank than just offering longer hours.

Decent hours and team members were pleasant.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosflexible schedules, understanding management, fun work environment

Consnone i can think of

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Some room for movement

Customer Service Representative I (Current Employee)

ProsGreat overall treatment of employees
    Flexible work schedules available

ConsPromotions are available but require a lot of patience. Room for improvement is there but management seems to 'forget' that they talked to you about promotions.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be great!

Financial Project Coordinator

Financial Project Coordinator (Former Employee) Mount Laurel, NJ

ProsGreat salary, and perfect if you're an independent type of person and used to working remotely.

ConsSometimes working remotely or far away from your supervisor has downsides.

Solid bank

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood work life balance. Hours are manageable.

ConsLack of long term career path. Hire mostly from on campus recruiting.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate better

Disappointed

Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) Hartford, CT

ProsBenefits. Friendships. Free stuff. Customers. Salary can be ok. They sell you dream that are not going to come true unless you kiss major butt.

ConsPolitics and secret agendas of management. Crap for bonus. Comes late. Working in retail is the worst. Very stressful and it will consume your life. Depressing and micro managed. Complete crap shoot of a career

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people that really care about someone other than themselves

ok starter job

Bank Teller I (Current Employee) Marlboro, NJ

Prosgood work enviorment, easy job, good for bonus if you work hard

Consdont help employees often
    pay
    doesn't work with avilabilty well

Advice to Senior Managementcare more about the employee's

Think twice!!

Teller II (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits, worked with some great people

ConsPushy about sales, open most hoidays and weekends.

Advice to Senior ManagementWorry about customer service and employees instead of pushing credit card sales.

Not a bad place, some people are miserable backstabbers to get ahead

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits, nice "WOW" culture idea (but rarely applies to employees), Good place to learn if you take the initiative. Met some lifelong friends. Good training department.

ConsCorporate politics are very bad. Regional management will stab you in the back to further their own career. Very difficult to promote above a certain level. Each Region and market are run as if different entities and upper management is clueless to that fact. There is no cooperation outside of your own branch. Raises are arbitrary and very low. Excuses will be made for everything you ask for. Assistant managers in most branches are the whipping posts of the store. Senior management claim the Assistant Manager is the most important person in the branch yet they treat them as if they are trash. Many long hours with no comp time, appreciation or compensation. There is NO work-life balance in this position at TD Bank.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet into the trenches. See what your budget cuts do to morale of employees and in turn to the customer service. Do not believe everything that your regional management tells you as they will tell you what they know you want to hear. Show appreciation to hard workers and not just those who with the "WOW" Stars award. Show the same WOW to your employees as you expect them to show your customers

Worked for TD Bank? Contribute to the Community!