TD Bank

TD Bank Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

TD Bank Group President & CEO Ed Clark

Ed Clark

Pros
  • Great work life balance, a lot of flexibility with scheduling is what keeps me there(in 53 reviews)

• Excellent work environment with lots of people who want to see you grow(in 45 reviews)

Cons
  • I've heard about 30% of my peers do not have the same consistent work life balance that i do(in 42 reviews)

• long hours, branches are always understaffed, inept management(in 39 reviews)

WOW

Prosfast paced, legendary customer service

Consdont hvae any cons to list

Customer service officer- phone channel

ProsThe work environment is amazing. Management cares so much about my happiness and career advancement. Everyone is very approachable. I also appreciate the forethought and planning that go into scheduling and hiring so that we are never over worked or understaffed. The pay is also very good. TD is not afraid of spending a little extra to make sure it has the right people to make the customer happy.

ConsThere's nothing I don't like about my job. Customers may be stubborn but I can't see that being the banks fault. And every time, at the end of the day, I totally see their point and get where they're coming from.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Great people, great experience

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Mount Laurel, NJ

ProsManagement, opportunities, healthcare/benefits, 401K and stock options are great.

ConsThere is a lack of overtime, lack of consistency, lots of changes.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Experience

ProsWilling to teach you - supportive environment

Conscant think of anything that is bad

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

one of the best

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Pros-friendly colleagues
    -very supportive mangers
    -flexible hours
    -good incentives for doing well
    -great benefits even for part time

Cons-unreasonable customers
    -sales goal + referrals + unit goals per day
    -irregular hours, open 7 days a week, sometimes you finish at 9pm
    -stressful

TD Bank goes the extra mile to satisfy its employees.

Financial Services Representative I (Current Employee)

Pros-The Bank is all about promoting from within. Each month the showcase every employee that received a promotion
    -Competitive Base Salary. Little negotiating needed during interview.
    -5 weeks paid vacation
    -Commission
    -Excellent Training
    -Great Benefits

Cons-If you are in a sales role, the job can be very stressful at times.
    -TD Bank is open seven days a week, so be prepared to work on Saturdays and Sundays. The benefits make up for this though.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

It was awesome, a lot to learn and value-adding!

Small Business Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsIt is a great learning field

ConsToo much to learn while on training!

Advice to Senior ManagementMore of segregation of function for example in the contact centre I would advise that there should be specilists in account opening, reconciliation, cards updates, among others and they could rotate function after every three months for seconment planning to mitigate risk of labour turnover.They would learn confidently and be able to rotate function easily rather than operating a crash program.

Mortgage specialist

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsBase pay around 5k for 2-3 months to start up, and commission afterwards

ConsMinimal or no training

Loss Prevention/ Collections

Loss Prevention Agent (Current Employee) Greenville, SC

ProsIndependence - Great co-workers - Nice work Environment - Gym - Outdoor Area - Courtesy Coffee/Hot chocolate

ConsHiring through staffing company - Average hourly

Advice to Senior ManagementIt shouldnt' take over 90 day to determine if a temp is elgible for permanent employment

Branch Supervisor

Branch Supervisor (Former Employee) Alexandria, VA

Pros-Immediate staff
    -Training (although at the time mortgage training was a joke, I had to basically learn it myself)

Cons-Hours
    -Upper management (always micromanaging and coming up with more redundant process)
    -Favoritism
    -Pay
    -No room for advancement, unless you like rubbing elbows with the RM and OM....

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your team and please try to make processes more efficient. You have lost tons of good people because you simply do not see your employees's potentials.

Worked for TD Bank? Contribute to the Community!