TD Bank

1,196 Reviews
3.4
1,196 Reviews

Bharat Masrani

Pros
  • Great work life balance, a lot of flexibility with scheduling is what keeps me there (in 62 reviews)

• Good benefits, sometime give flexible work time / location opportunities (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • I've heard about 30% of my peers do not have the same consistent work life balance that i do (in 52 reviews)

• The long hours and the excuse that the bank is fully staffed by senior management makes me laugh (in 47 reviews)

More Highlights

td av[

I have been working at TD Bank

Pros

great place to work well compensated

Cons

long hours and weekend hours

Great Positive place to work

Current Employee - Item Processing Representative I in New Britain, CT
    Current Employee - Item Processing Representative I in New Britain, CT

I have been working at TD Bank part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

granted i left in 2011 but the health insurance and 401k matching was unmatched for a part time job (30-35 / wk)

Cons

hourly pay was on the low side - didn't even make 12/hr after 3 years

Great work atmosphere ... higher hourly pay would be great, everything else is amazing!

Fun atmosphere

Former Employee - Teller II in Arnold, MD
    Former Employee - Teller II in Arnold, MD

I worked at TD Bank part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked with a great group of team members. The atmosphere was fun and engaging. Sales were important but it isnt the main focus. You get to have fun with customers. The direct store supervisors were great at training. We were paid for training(hourly and travel). I was hired at $11.75 an hour (restaurant management experience but no banking), After 2 1/2 years with the company I was making $13.00 an hour. You are given a lot of vacation and it is scheduled in a fair manner.

Cons

The upper management wasnt great. There wasnt much room for moving up for the qualified individual that did their best. The company would rather hire from outside the bank and pay less. The stores would constantly have their amount of employees lessened. If someone quit, they wouldnt rehire the position. So many stores are short handed. Some people work extremely hard and arent rewarded or recognized for it.

FSR=Frustrating Sales Role

Current Employee - Financial Service Representative in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Financial Service Representative in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at TD Bank full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Entrepreneurial environment, fully vested 401k contributions after one year of service, good benefits, decent time off (PTO) accumulation rate.

Cons

I accepted this low paying FSR role knowing full well that it was an entry-level avenue towards becoming a financial adviser. I was told on the interview that FSR's are responsible for some customer service, but their primary focus should be helping customers achieve their financial goals. That was a bold faced lie. This job is 97% customer service and 3% Financial Services. You will NEVER get a chance to meet your FSR goals since you are constantly handling petty customer service issues. The FSR's that do meet their goals are far and in between and either have a good branch management support system or are in a demographically beneficial area that make financial sales easier. Management has no clue how to actually run a bank branch and they are lazy. Technically, the senior teller makes the schedule for everyone so management truly does nothing and looks good doing it. The place runs itself, which is sad because it seems as though the inmates are running the asylum. You are basically a well dressed customer service representative who just so happens to have a handy life and health insurance license. There is no signage or anything advertising that there is an FSR on duty at the branch, and the FSR has no office (nor the manager). The FSR role is a complete and utter joke. How can I advise anyone when I work at what is the equivalent of a banking transaction truck stop? Employees are lazy and want everything handed to them and do not understand the most basic of tasks. Your schedule will say you get off at 5:30 when in fact, you get off at 6:15 because you are busy helping the teller's ship money out for the next day. There is no work/life balance in this role.

Take this job only if you are really hard pressed for money or (gulp), experience. Heed my words, run from the FSR role. TD seems like they really haven't figured out the FSR role and it's a shame because they really could have something great if they just model what the other big banks are doing.

Watch Undercover Boss and learn. You need to shadow employees at the branch level for a few days to understand what we're actually doing. Stop lumping so many mind blowing responsibilities on employees. You could afford to pay better for performance. Segregate financial service representative duties so that an FSR is a TRUE financial adviser and not just a dressed up customer service worker. If you were smart, you'd learn that you can't be a jack of all trades, because that makes you a master of none. There is a lot of money you are leaving on the table by having FSR's change Penny bags (coin machine counter), count cash in the vault, help tellers, act as tellers/loan officers, etc. Your cheapness is the very detriment to the roles demise.

Overall good company

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Paterson, NJ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Paterson, NJ

I have been working at TD Bank part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good hours for college students
    Lots of help available through different departments

Cons

late hours
    working sundays
    Higher pay for CSR

More PTO for part time workers. Huge gap in hours between full and part time

Customer Service Representative

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at TD Bank full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Always a good time at work, work great around your schedule

Cons

Customers are very very needy

Teller

Former Employee - Teller in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Teller in New York, NY

I worked at TD Bank part-time (more than an year)

Pros

-flexible hours
    -good office culture
    -good for promotions

Cons

-too much focus on sales referral

Td bank review

I worked at TD Bank

Pros

I liked the people I worked with

Cons

Supervisors in sb dept were horrible

Hire new supervisors then the employees you hire will stay

Very disorganized and dilapidated bank

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at TD Bank full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Staff is friendly and hard-working

Cons

Going to work for this bank feels like you're going to prison. Having worked at several banks over 10 years, the biggest challenge with this bank is the lack of processes. The long hours and the excuse that the bank is fully staffed by senior management makes me laugh. One FT employee is cross-trained to do several jobs that in other banks you'd have a specialist for. They make so much money off of OD fees they don't care about acquiring the bigger customers with the larger balances and credit needs. They are a sweatshop of $100 checking accounts that makes anyone with banking experience want to pull their hair out. If you are experienced and you are great at needs-based selling, do not come to work for this bank! For entry-level folks, this may be a good start. The commission payout is below industry standards.

Stop assuming stores are fully staffed, they are not! The 7 days a week deal makes it impossible for stores to appear properly staffed in the eyes of employees and customers.

Not Very Helpful

Current Employee - Teller
    Current Employee - Teller

I have been working at TD Bank full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good Paid-Time Off benefits, You can get a promotion after 6 months, Decent Quarterly bonuses,

Cons

Terrible hours, Not enough pay, Management unfriendly and unhelpful, too difficult to get promoted to positions that the bank values, No real respect for Tellers from upper management.

Provide some sort of comfort for Tellers when you require that they stand 40 hrs a week. Value all employees, rather than just management.

TD Bank Photos

Sign at TD Bank branch on 7th street in Washington, D.C. (Photo attributed to Matthew G. Bisanz - licensed under the CCL Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5)
Bates Mill #3