TD Canada Trust Reviews

197 reviews filtered by
3.6
TD Canada Trust Group President and CEO Ed Clark
Ed Clark

Pros
  • Flexible work schedule to accommodate work-life balance (in 10 reviews)

• Opportunities for advancement in retail (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work / life balance is a bit hard at times especially with new 7 day banking (in 8 reviews)

• The work environment is not consistent from branch to branch (in 7 reviews)

1. Customer Service Representative

I worked at TD Canada Trust

Pros

TD is very well structured and that means they know how to take care of their employees.There are great incentives in place and they teach you to be competitive but competitive as a team.

Cons

No cons, this is a great job for students who are still in school.

2. Incredible Experience

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at TD Canada Trust

Pros

Extremely competent management
    Great company culture
    Felt very supported
    Good compensation
    Managers genuinely cared

Cons

Lots of regulations
    Limited flexibility
    Sales goals
    Awkward "pitches" that had to be made
    Heirachal organization structure

3. EasyLine inbound phone channel specialist

I have been working at TD Canada Trust part-time

Pros

- Great pay and benefits
    - Lots of opportunity to move up within the company no matter what your background is
    - Professional environment
    - Bi-annual bonus
    - Internal system specifically for employee feedback to make your job easier and more efficient

Cons

- Easyline is very stressful. You are ecpected to take an average of 9 calls per hour with a maximum of 20 seconds between each call
    - It is highly sales based and if you don't meet your sales goals you will be micromanaged or terminated
    - Have to stay in a role fornat least 1 year and have a green scorecard before you can apply to another position (internal sales tracker for revenue, units, call/hourr, etc.)
    - Everything is computer tracked so if you are a minute or late on your break or if you go to the washroom when you're scheduled to be taking calls you'll hear about it - I felt like a slave.
    - Work schedules start out as either fixed evenings (2-10, 3-11, 4-12 rotating) or fully rotational which means one week yoi can be 6am-2pm, the next week 10am-6pm, the next 2-10pm, etc. They say they try to make it gradual but it becomes extremely difficult to establish a routine and manage your work/life balance.
    - you Always start as part-time. They may schedule you fulltime hours and cut them whenever they want. Then you have to reapply for full time and it is based on tenure and your scorecard.

5. FSR

I worked at TD Canada Trust part-time

Pros

Flexible scheduling, which worked well while finishing my Bachelors. Good benefits, even if you're part time because everything is prorated. Usually provides great working environments, depending on branch. Branch managers are very proactive in developing talent, and genuinely seem to care - also luck of draw sometimes.

Cons

Too much focus on sales pressure, and sometimes it felt like sales was more important than any other skill set, which can be great if you're good at it, but if you're looking to go deeper into the financial industry, then it doesn't give you the career growth you want after a couple of years. If you work at branch level, you hardly ever meet or interact with senior management give the size of the company.

6. Customer Service Representative

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in London, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in London, ON (Canada)

I have been working at TD Canada Trust part-time

Pros

Good health benefits including 50% coverage of orthodontics, prescriptions, etc. and Wellness and Health Spending plans for gym memberships, massages, a FitBit, and anything else that contributes to a healthy lifestyle. It's a strong insurance plan and TD really contributes to its employees' positive health.

Good atmosphere, management are always open for discussion, one feels valued and their opinions considered, flexibility in working hours, flexibility in tasks, incentives for strong performance.

Very inclusive and positive of race, gender, sexual orientation, religious background, etc. Diverse staff and a company that values you.

Depending on how you perform you can move up the ladder very quickly in this company. Very ideal for someone who likes to change things up, try new roles, or move to new places (across Canada that is).

Cons

No different than what everyone else is saying: our sales goals are nuts. I'm a top sales staff in my branch and I still feel hounded by the MCS (Manager of Customer Service) to perform better, so who knows how the other employees get it. No one I've met who works for TD is happy with their sales targets -- from the constant daily coaching, it feels like the only thing that matters, and if you don't hit your goal one day you'll definitely be hearing about it the next day. And there is no line that you can hit when you can breathe a bit -- the better you do the more the bank will want from you.

As a company, TD feels very scatterbrained. For such a lot to take in, there's little direction -- I think with the rise of online / no-fee banking services like Tangerine and PC Financial, TD isn't sure of its place in the modern banking world quite yet, and it shows. Expect to run around like a chicken with your head cut off and be told that menial things (different ones every day mind you -- rarely consistent) are important.

Computer software is poor and outdated, the internet slow for a bank (software always freezing, the calendar on which we book clients their appointments goes down a lot [keeping in mind that staff are measured on the numberbof appointments they can generate so this is a direct problem]).

Advice to Management

Recognise that your staff have across the board in large been having issues with the sales goals expected of them. And no, "Working in a bank is not for everyone" doesn't cut it.

7. Credit Analyst

I worked at TD Canada Trust

Pros

Excellent company to work with.

Cons

No follow up with former employees, who can be taken.

8. Customer Service Representative

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I have been working at TD Canada Trust part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great employee benefits (health and wellness), yearly cash bonuses, comfortable working environment, lots of opportunity to grow within the company. If you meet your sales goals and have great interpersonal skills you will move up fast within this company. Interacting with the public, with so many vast kinds of people was enjoyable.

Cons

Overly focused on quantitative measures of success, such as sales ranking. Like all other work environments, all it takes is one manager to make or break the atmosphere at work, TD is no exception. Not much culture. No values- except for making the $$$

Advice to Management

Sales are important. I understand. But if we just focus solely on that, we loose sight of the big picture which is customer experience. Instead of advising us how to provide excellent customer service have more tellers working so that the line moves faster, not coaching us on asking people, "how was your service today?" while they waited 10 minutes in line.

9. Sales position that provides financial service to clients including day to day, investment and lending

I have been working at TD Canada Trust full-time (More than a year)

Pros

work with different people, achieve sales target, fair compensation

Cons

salary is relatively low compare with other banks (not necessarily the lowest in the big 5 banks)

10. Been there 14 years, so they must be doing something right.

Current Employee - IT Solutions Developer in London, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - IT Solutions Developer in London, ON (Canada)

I have been working at TD Canada Trust

Pros

Work in the IT department. Solid company. Great stock benefits. Room for advancement. Work/life balance is as good as could be expected.

Cons

Base pay is slightly lower than average. An overabundance of management and analysis of finances that distract from the goal. Buttoned-down culture (as expected).

Advice to Management

Listen to your people, and stop hiring $5M consultants to plan things. We know what the issues are, just ask us.

11. Financial Advisor

I worked at TD Canada Trust

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

Not enough time spend on people development

Advice to Management

spend more time on career conversations and people development