TD Canada Trust Reviews

Reset
3.6
TD Canada Trust Group President and CEO Ed Clark
Ed Clark

Pros
  • Flexible work schedule to accommodate work-life balance (in 10 reviews)

• Decent opportunities for advancement (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is trending downward (in 8 reviews)

• Culture can vary from branch to branch - some are very old school and some are very new (in 7 reviews)

1. Portfolio Manager

I worked at TD Canada Trust full-time

Pros

good benefits and vacation time

Cons

long hours and poor management

2. Great company, great working experience

Pros

Great company, employee focused, strong HR.

Cons

Need better team managers and leaders.

3. Financial Advisor

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Ontario, CA

I have been working at TD Canada Trust full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good work experience and looks good on your resume. Because of the amount of work and the variety of customer problems and demands, you will be trained ( not by the managers, but conditioned by your customers) to be more productive and will have to learn a lot, which that's good for knowledge.

Cons

Same as the other comments reviewed. Honestly I don't know how TD got into the Best Employer Title every year. They have tried really hard to minimize the pay while squeezing out the values of an employee. I was top FSR in the region last year but when I applied to MCS position which is next level, I could hardly get an interview. This mad me wander why I worked so hard over the last year. For my bonus, I only received half of when I was CSR just because of those customer satisfactory surveys of branch was not good while I did more than 200% of my sales target. They just wanted everybody to be a sales, which i quickly got an offer as FA. Now, I am competing in a new branch with a new clientel and with the other senior FAs that are telling me not to touch those clients. I have the same sales target as the other senior FAs while I am having no customer base, and because I am first year FA, I am getting paid less comparing to the other FAs. I have to work twice as hard comparing to the senior FAs to reach the same goal while getting paid less comparing to them. Honestly, if it is not for the other career opportunities in the future, I definitely will not stay with this company.

Advice to Management

Please visit the branch and look at their clientel before you increase the target. The Marketing department really does no good. Yea, they do see money in the clients' accounts, but our branch has a lot of clients that are in their 80s and 90s, they can barely understand when I try to talk to them about GICs or investment products and they don't even care any more about those little interests or even 6,7% return on mutual funds any more at their stage.

5. Customer Service Representative

Pros

TD is very well structured and that means they know how to take care of their employees.There are great incentives in place and they teach you to be competitive but competitive as a team.

Cons

No cons, this is a great job for students who are still in school.

6. Incredible Experience

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vancouver, WA

Pros

Extremely competent management Great company culture Felt very supported Good compensation Managers genuinely cared

Cons

Lots of regulations Limited flexibility Sales goals Awkward "pitches" that had to be made Heirachal organization structure

7. The people you work with matter

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at TD Canada Trust part-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you have a great group of people you work with then that can go a long way. TD is focused on improving its people so if you are motivated in improving yourself then TD provides encouragement.

Cons

The intense focus on sales is demotivating. If you don't meet your quarterly sales goals then it's much harder getting promoted. Most hires are from within so it's harder to get in without starting at the bottom. Raises are systematic. If you ask for it you most likely won't get it.

Advice to Management

Be approachable and less mistakes will be made.

8. CSR

I have been working at TD Canada Trust part-time

Pros

Great management, flexible hours and decent benefits

Cons

Pay is on the lower scale compared to other banks and credit unions

Advice to Management

Please make the wages more competitive. This is a great bank to work for but it's tough to earn a living.

9. Solid Company

I have been working at TD Canada Trust part-time

Pros

Good positive work environment. Good mentors.

Cons

Management likes to micro manage. Not sure if that's only my branch specifically though

Manager of Customer Service

Pros

Really great for moving up quick in the corporate latter. Great benefits and great people all around.

Cons

They say they believe in work/life balance but don't be fooled. At branch level you are expected to be available 24/7 for them. There are a lot of cliques!

Financial Advisor

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

Good benefit package I suppose

Cons

Really heavy sales target in F2015 (doubled from 2014 and yet salary is almost the same..) Front line never has enough teller due to TD cutting cost all the time and advisors would have to jump on

RSS Feed </> Embed