TD Commerce Bank

www.tdbank.com

TD Commerce Bank Reviews in Philadelphia, PA

TD Commerce Bank – US – “THE GOOD OLD DAYS”

Not yet rated.

TD Commerce Bank President & CEO Mike Pedersen

Mike Pedersen

Pros
  • Good customer service is the main focus and not meeting quotas (at least not yet)(in 3 reviews)

• They give a good amount of Paid Time Off, and are flexibile about vacations(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • A customer service rep barely earns enough to get by(in 4 reviews)

• Upper management need to communicate more with workers(in 3 reviews)

20 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great corporate communications, branch level management needs more!

Teller (Current Employee) New Castle, DE

ProsGreat way for a young person to get involved with the banking industry, no experience necessary. Also great growth potential, given that you are driven and take ownership to learn and advance.

ConsPoor management at the branch level left employees unengaged and unenthusiastic for their positions. They often pushed back on learning opportunities I tried to take advantage of and when I finally cross-trained to become a CSR they restricted me from transitioning to the floor. Also, little to no pay increases for new skills acquired.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile the corporate communications and employee relations were fantastic, there is a conflicting message from branch management. No matter what communications programs you have in place, managers are ultimately the best way to reach employees are your strongest messenger!

Poor

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Mantua, NJ

ProsCoworkers are great, work hours are pretty flexible depending on status

ConsPoor management, better training required

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter training needed for management

good place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Camden, NJ

Prosgood pay and benefits too

Conswas a lot better before takeover

Advice to Senior Managementno advice. left there a few years ago

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

okay - not bad , not great

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cherry Hill, NJ

ProsPTO time is generous relative to other companies

ConsBase Salary is low relative to other companies

Learn a lot but doesnt pay as good as I would like

TD Bank Call Center Representative (Current Employee) Mount Laurel, NJ

ProsGreat training for young professionals or recent college graduates looking to build up their resume, learn a lot in a very fast paced and at times hectic environment, management is very friendly and approachable.

ConsThe pay isnt that great especially for recent college graduates, and likely will end up losing a ton of good employees when the economy improves and jobs with better compensation pop up.

Advice to Senior ManagementBasically just improve the pay scale for the employees, or see many high quality employees leave for greener pastures once the economy turns around.

Great place to work!

Credit Analyst Intern (Former Employee) Media, PA

Pros-Great training program
    -Helpful employees
    -Team environment
    -GREAT internship

Cons-Very busy
    -Was going through a transitional period so there was a lot changing and it was at times hard to
      keep up with.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

A strong company with a good heart

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cherry Hill, NJ

ProsCompetitive environment built with the Customer, Employee and shareholder in mind. Fun environment with a serious approach to business issues

ConsStill a little disconnected from the integration.... mgmt needs to make some tough calls.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep building the network!

The tellers have a tough job!! Though we are the least respected, and not taken care of at all!!!!!!

Teller (Current Employee) Folsom, PA

ProsThe amount of time you get for PTO is great!!! Great job for students!!! I feel some of the higher management,(not in the branch), may mean well but really don't see how poorly the tellers are taken care of.

ConsThe job pays terrible!! This is the lowest paying job i have ever had in eight years!!! The raises you get are a BIG slap in the face. Why even get them? That is how terrible they are!!! No joke!! It is also terrible when other people get hired at a higher pay rate with NO experience than a teller who has been there multiple years!! Someone please explain that. You are also not recognized for the work you do. You may be told you are doing great, but that does not pay the bills. How can anyone live off of a thousand bucks a month? Rent alone is usual 850. So please don't have a car or expect to eat. Tellers have a ton of responsibilities and could be fired at any moment, we should be paid more than what we get. The max pay raise is 2%. What is that!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease realize that a teller is a very stressful job. I would recommend paying a minimum of 12 an hour. Otherwise the turnover will continue!! Its only a good job if you are in college and plan on leaving!!

Great job for "kids"! Terrible for REAL professionals that want to make REAL money

Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsGreat place to work if you're a college student or only need part time work. It's also good if you're starting a career in the financial industry or if you need to build your resume for future jobs in customer service.

ConsIf I have to answer this truthfully, I'll be here all day long. The pay rate stinks compared to every single other financial institution on the planet. Organization, communication, and everything in between since the merger is far beyond any comeback to compare to Commerce Bank standards.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hovering over the employee's and let them show you what they're capable of. If there are rules to be followed then enforce them but you have to give a person room to grow in their profession.

godawful

Teller (Former Employee) Wayne, PA

ProsEnjoy being wrung like a dishrag until you hate this place enough to quit. Low salary, badly managed, only positive was that they were too shortstaffed to fire anyone.

ConsEnjoy being wrung like a dishrag until you hate this place enough to quit. Low salary, badly managed.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more employees, pay people more.

Worked for TD Commerce Bank? Contribute to the Community!