TD Commerce Bank Reviews

Mike Pedersen

1. Great culture but no career growth

Current Employee - Head Teller
    Current Employee - Head Teller

I have been working at TD Commerce Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love the Company in so many ways. The WOW! culture, from WOW! patrol, the WOW! Awards, Surprise and delight for both employees and customers. The benefits are amazing. I have been there for a little over 4 years and I love it.

Cons

There is no room for growth. I have been struggling with my career development and pay for awhile now. And when I speak to management about getting far pay I am pretty much told to suck it up. I was also told that sometimes I have to do what is best for myself and my family even if they means leave the bank.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. I took a class MicroInequities: The Power of Small and the CEO said that its talent they are looking for. So why is it that people in your own region/market are constantly being over looked and RMMs are bring their friends from other intuitions and/or other states?

2. Great Environment

Current Employee - Bank Teller in Monticello, NY
    Current Employee - Bank Teller in Monticello, NY

Pros

Quarterly incentives, friendly staff and decent benefits.

Cons

Short staffed and too many fees applied to accentuate quality customer service.

Advice to Management

Keep appreciating your employees

3. Decent, but underwhelming

I worked at TD Commerce Bank part-time

Pros

1. Easy way for young minds to enter into the banking industry with no experience 2. Decent starting pay 3. Free account with employer 4. CAN BE: very flexible schedule 5. CAN BE: community active

Cons

1. Overall experience greatly varies depending on manager - I was a lucky one 2. Community activity is almost always a false narrative in order to convert more business clients to TD Bank - only a con because most managers overdo this 3. Internal controls are lacking - processes are tedious and outdated

Advice to Management

This is for senior management: I suggest fixing internal controls in order to reduce complexity where possible. Keep in mind that it is possible to reduce complexity in more ways than you might think. Also, please notice that constraints placed on meeting goals (all of them: CWI, sales, audits) are detrimental to the bank. Penalising a branch because of a minimalist (little sales to the person) or insane (low CWI) person will only lead to branches finding ways to doctor the numbers. This is NOT their fault, it's yours.

FSR

Former Employee - Financial Service Representative in Nashua, NH
    Former Employee - Financial Service Representative in Nashua, NH

Pros

laid back sales environment- no goals

Cons

hours and lack of support from management

Advice to Management

care about your employees

6. Teller

Former Employee - Bank Teller
    Former Employee - Bank Teller

I worked at TD Commerce Bank part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are great, compensation is poor. The people you work with are wonderful. Still had that small bank feeling when I was working there.

Cons

As the company grows, sales becomes for important. They push you to sell and that kind of effects customer service. Smaller banks are the way to go.

Advice to Management

Good Job.

7. has it's fun times, but mostly very demanding.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Berlin, NJ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Berlin, NJ

I have been working at TD Commerce Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most employees are nice and helpful for new recruits, good incentives if you and your store meet sales numbers, and fairly relaxed work environment

Cons

Management is unorganized, a lot of favoritism occurs, and you do not get much time away from work (always being called in early, staying late, called in on days off)

Advice to Management

Needs to learn to delegate duties better, be more organized, and show less favoritism among employees.

8. Love it

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Pros

so much fun with excellent benefits

Cons

Management (speaking of the lower departmental managers) stinks and no room for growth.

9. Great growth organization

Pros

Tremendously growing organization with great culture and collaboration with other business units.

Cons

Unrealistic goals given maturity of business unit

Advice to Management

Lead by the carrot verses the stick. Establish realistic expectation of sales team to grow into a mature business.

Be prepared to do your job, and everyone else's.

Current Employee - Bank Teller
    Current Employee - Bank Teller

I have been working at TD Commerce Bank part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This bank has an alright place to start. The coworkers are friendly and always help each other out.

Cons

TD Bank is the lowest paid bank. We don't get compensated enough for everything we do. Store managers often do not even meet their SR goals. Sales Revenue goals are unrealistic. Employees are pushed and pushed to make sales and if you do not meet their goal you will get reprimanded. Payouts are not as good as they should be. There are plenty of things that are out of our control that negatively impact the payouts. People who run management have big egos and they cannot admit when their employees are unhappy. Many stores are short staffed. Too much is expected from us. You are expected to do your job and so much more. Promotions happen rarely, they do not appreciate the work that you do for them. Promotions are not based off of your hard work but rather if the person above you likes you.

Advice to Management

Talk to your employees and make their work environment a better place for them.

11. TD Bank Summer Intern

Pros

Interesting culture. Very easy work.

Cons

Did not get much exposure into difficult work.

RSS Feed </> Embed