TD Commerce Bank

Updated July 30, 2014
2.8

TD Commerce Bank President & CEO Mike Pedersen
Mike Pedersen

Pros
  • Good customer service is the main focus and not meeting quotas (at least not yet) (in 3 reviews)

• They give a good amount of Paid Time Off, and are flexibile about vacations (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • A customer service rep barely earns enough to get by (in 4 reviews)

• Upper management need to communicate more with workers (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great when it was Commerce, not so good when it became TD

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Washington, DC

I worked at TD Commerce Bank

Pros

Commerce had a fun work culture. Exceeding expectations was encouraged, not forced.

Cons

With the switch to TD, the environment become more like some other big banks, more of a "publish or perish" feel.

Don't try to be one of the big banks, what made you great was your small bank mentality.

Learn a lot but doesnt pay as good as I would like

Current Employee - TD Bank Call Center Representative  in  Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - TD Bank Call Center Representative in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at TD Commerce Bank

Pros

Great training for young professionals or recent college graduates looking to build up their resume, learn a lot in a very fast paced and at times hectic environment, management is very friendly and approachable.

Cons

The pay isnt that great especially for recent college graduates, and likely will end up losing a ton of good employees when the economy improves and jobs with better compensation pop up.

Basically just improve the pay scale for the employees, or see many high quality employees leave for greener pastures once the economy turns around.

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Credit Analyst Intern  in  Media, PA
    Former Employee - Credit Analyst Intern in Media, PA

I worked at TD Commerce Bank

Pros

-Great training program
    -Helpful employees
    -Team environment
    -GREAT internship

Cons

-Very busy
    -Was going through a transitional period so there was a lot changing and it was at times hard to
      keep up with.

N/A

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

"Very Demanding"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

I have been working at TD Commerce Bank

Pros

good benefits, decent career advancement program, attempting to improve employee satisaction, Many projects to help out with in the community, tuition reimbursement

Cons

pay is low, they pay new employees way more than existing, their is no respect for work life balance, holidays, personal time, etc. They have a horrible training progra that you do not really learn the branch essentials in and then you are thrown out on a desk or a teller box immediately,

Do not use Cash program as a way to exploit hardworking employees into performing 2 or more job functions at the same time to save money. This is not helping your employees grow-but pushing them ut the door. Business Development should be for a "business officer"- our store have the highest foot traffic any competitor, yet we have our managers the most important leader out all the time doing development. These stores are busy and need more managers or supervisors inorder to keep up with the constant firedrills and what is expected of us. We should have more employees, a better HR recruiting system, and a floating pool of new hires who have been properly trained to fill in when we need help because the turn over rate is very high

Not Bad

Current Employee - Teller  in  Eatontown, NJ
    Current Employee - Teller in Eatontown, NJ

I have been working at TD Commerce Bank

Pros

The job is great depending on the people you work with but other than that, it keeps you busy and its simple work

Cons

Not very organized, especially for a bank. Management is very sloppy and responsibility is tossed around a bit too much

Management could definitely use some work but other than that its a great job and the pay is fantastic. looks great on your resume FOR SURE

A strong company with a good heart

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cherry Hill, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at TD Commerce Bank

Pros

Competitive environment built with the Customer, Employee and shareholder in mind. Fun environment with a serious approach to business issues

Cons

Still a little disconnected from the integration.... mgmt needs to make some tough calls.

Keep building the network!

not ideal for students

Former Employee - Teller  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Teller in New York, NY

I worked at TD Commerce Bank

Pros

-easy to pick up shifts for extra money.
    -you meet pretty cool customers
    -the fast pasted environment makes the shifts quicker

Cons

-You would think because of their flexible hours, a college student would fit right in. WRONG! Students are penalized for not having "open availability".
    -there were only 2 chairs that were "rotated" among tellers.
    -if you did not have an opening shift you would not get a chair.
    -new tellers are expected to meet unrealistic performance expectations.
    -management definitely has favorites.
    -there will be no time to find the difference of a new teller. But veteran tellers can stay all night to find theirs.
    - 6:30am, saturday branch meetings. (even if you are not working that they)
    -i've seen many new tellers get fired(without warning) for mistakes anyone could have made
    -you may be required to greet for all day with out a lunch break.
    -I have taken a 3hr lunch, in order to avoid overtime!!!
    -management forgets to approve your time.
    -be prepared to carry 20lb bags of coins from that filthy penny arcade.
    -management is really strict about attire.

stop playing favorites. Many students work here so they can take advantage of the flexible hours. Please do not require part time 20hr employees to be "open" 7 days a wk. Chances are they are pt to go to school! duh!

Get Expierance and Leave

Current Employee - Teller and Customer Service Representative  in  Dover, DE
    Current Employee - Teller and Customer Service Representative in Dover, DE

I have been working at TD Commerce Bank

Pros

It was very flexi able with school schedule, had the opportunity to work as many hours as I wanted and the atmosphere was comfortable.

Cons

The seven day week banking, rude customers and management. Very unprofessional from senior management on down. The pay scale sucked!!!

Give employees better pay and be more professional. Create a better professional development program for current employees and have better benefits.

The tellers have a tough job!! Though we are the least respected, and not taken care of at all!!!!!!

Current Employee - Teller  in  Folsom, PA
    Current Employee - Teller in Folsom, PA

I have been working at TD Commerce Bank

Pros

The amount of time you get for PTO is great!!! Great job for students!!! I feel some of the higher management,(not in the branch), may mean well but really don't see how poorly the tellers are taken care of.

Cons

The job pays terrible!! This is the lowest paying job i have ever had in eight years!!! The raises you get are a BIG slap in the face. Why even get them? That is how terrible they are!!! No joke!! It is also terrible when other people get hired at a higher pay rate with NO experience than a teller who has been there multiple years!! Someone please explain that. You are also not recognized for the work you do. You may be told you are doing great, but that does not pay the bills. How can anyone live off of a thousand bucks a month? Rent alone is usual 850. So please don't have a car or expect to eat. Tellers have a ton of responsibilities and could be fired at any moment, we should be paid more than what we get. The max pay raise is 2%. What is that!!!

Please realize that a teller is a very stressful job. I would recommend paying a minimum of 12 an hour. Otherwise the turnover will continue!! Its only a good job if you are in college and plan on leaving!!

TD BANK - Lost the Commerce name AND SERVICE

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

PROS:

-Friendly atmosphere with co-workers
    - Not as sales driven as other competitors
    - Flexible work schedules (open 7 days a week allows for part time employees)
    - Company culture attempts to be fun/energetic
    -Very solid benefits

Cons

CONS:

- TERRIBLE PAY
    -Rewards for doing months of work include POTENTIALLY receiving a $25 gift card
    -Upper management plays favorites over more qualified candidates
    -Not much room to grow (opposite of what company declares CONSTANTLY)
    -General shift away from being customer-oriented and more towards finding ways to "fee" customers
    - Systems that were installed are still buggy; numerous glitches, including weeks of system being completely down which destroyed years of hard-earned reputation and status
    -More sales driven without any form of major compensation

-Try to start compensating employees in a way similar to competing banks; otherwise talent will quickly leave for higher-paying jobs
    -Promote those that are competent, and get rid of those that cause trouble
    -Stop allowing management to play favorites with employees/customers
    -Make sure software is virtually glitch-free before switching over to brand new internal systems

Worked for TD Commerce Bank? Contribute to the Community!