TD Insurance Reviews

1. Image is everything

Current Employee - Insurance Advisor
    Current Employee - Insurance Advisor

I have been working at TD Insurance

Pros

Pay, benefits, vacation, training, education program

Cons

The bar is set very high and low tolerance for mistakes.

2. Bad

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ

I worked at TD Insurance

Pros

Some very nice staff, decent benifits

Cons

Very poor management and technology. Unit Managers and Team Leaders should value staff input and listen to valuable suggestions. No respect for staff at all. Not the positive workplace Commerce Insurance was.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to staff input. Do not assume senior managers are properly handling things.

3. What was I thinking?????

I have been working at TD Insurance full-time

Pros

My co-workers are awesome, hours are okay, you get paid every week. If you have no drive this is the place for you. Perfect if you don't mind have your having your career goals stepped on. If you want to be a team manager that has no clue about real life, does not mind micro managing your staff and trash talking your team when you think that no one is around, then please apply!

Cons

Here is the real story of TD Insurance.... You are well support by your team managers and in fact they will sit in your pod and watch you. Be prepared to explain why you logged off your phone for five minutes to use the washroom. If you are not hitting all of your numbers you will get a letter for your file telling you that you are a bad person. Not all of the offices are treated the same. There is no considered for the the type of business that you bind and infact, your TM will tell you not to underwrite (shhhhh don't tell underwriting). There is no room to move up or to the side because your TM will be right there to block you any way they can if you are not a favorite. Oh, the only training that you will get will be the training that you are told you can have. Please do not ask for more cause, well just don't, the last person that did has not been seen since.

Advice to Management

If this is ever read by management... look at the individual. Do not mislead your staff. If there is a entire team that is not happy why don't you look at the TM and not the team. We are only as strong as our leader. Managers lead by example and YOU put your phone away. Give people the chance and the people just might surprise you.

5. Great Place

Former Employee - Service Associate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Service Associate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at TD Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Always got help when needed and great people to work with.

Cons

Did not like the micro managing like keeping track of work.

6. Good fun work environment

Current Employee - Insurance Advisor in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Insurance Advisor in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

I have been working at TD Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work options, bonuses, good co-workers. More relaxed about goals than other parts of TD. Overall I am happy working here.

Cons

Need a lot of seniority to move up or stop working evenings and saturdays. Absolutely everything is monitored and there have been a lot of budget cuts this year.

Advice to Management

Stop cutting so much from the bottom! It ruins morale.

7. inside sales

I have been working at TD Insurance

Pros

Friendly people in the company

Cons

The Pay is not good for what you do

Advice to Management

N/A

8. Terrible place to work

Current Employee - Insurance Advisor in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Insurance Advisor in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at TD Insurance

Pros

The salary is the only pro. You're fellow advisors are great to. Pretty much advisors vs the managers.

Cons

Office politics. Unrealistic targets especially during the slow months. Upper management doesn't care about even trying to balance your work to life balance. They will not make any adjustments or changed useless it makes sense in terms of profit and dollars. I'm sick with a disability yet still forced to work full time hours despite being hired for part time.

Advice to Management

Learn to make more flexible shifts. Set realistic goals.

9. The BEST!

I worked at TD Insurance

Pros

Awesome environment where employees are: taught, comfortable, treated well, able to have an impact, encouraged to speak up and suggest.

Cons

Can sometimes be a little slow in the planning and change area. But this is only a sign of their deep desire to fully and properly plan out changes.

10. Worst Office to work - Calgary (TD Insurance)

Current Employee - Insurance Advisor in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Insurance Advisor in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at TD Insurance

Pros

Only their training is good.

Cons

Favoritism - If you are not management favorites, forget to excel professionally in Calgary office.
                          Management like employees who says Yes to Yes and No to No. You cannot put your opinion and if you
                          do - you can never get head financially as well as professionally.

Worst Management in the Calgary office - Fake managers, fake promises, fake smiles and no care attitude towards
    their employees - No Matter how good you are at your position.

Untalented favorite employees promoted as team leaders who have less than half of your work experience - but they are Manager's favorites - There you go - your pathway to success in TD Insurance Calgary office.

Micromanaged to the max as if you are immature and unprofessional employee despite of years of achievements as an Insurance Advisor. Side by side calls listening is the worst you can experience. They want complete customer satisfaction by asking or pleasing them with irrelevant questions and on top of it will be after you to excel in achieving higher calls per hours - Welcome to Modern Slavery here.

Talk about Recognition for your Hard work and excelling
    (So here is the clear picture, they will give you cheap candies and chocolates and during Christmas - expect to be honored with Dollar Store hats and caps - i am not being funny, but this is the reality.

Also expect to be told to help yourself to eat left overs in the coffee room after the management have tasted the fresh produce food.

Never ever work in Calgary office - you are still welcome to all above listed points on your own if you are still looking forward to be a part of their insurance team.

Advice to Management

None - Worst Management ever in Calgary office

Better to work in Tim Horton then to work here. Rest you are most welcome to experience the truth yourself.

11. Grateful

Former Employee - Client Accounts Analyst in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Client Accounts Analyst in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at TD Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm very grateful that I worked at TD Insurance for as long as I did. In the time that I worked there I was promoted three times. I was paid very well. I received a lot of support from my team and management. The health benefits were amazing and never seemed to run out. I only had to work 7 hours (some companies will give you an hour-long lunch but only cover 30 minutes of that which forces you to work an extra half hour. TD gave me (and everyone) one hour-long lunch and paid for the whole thing. I worked full-time from 8:00-4:00, with lunch sandwiched in the middle of that. That enabled me to balance life and work. I never once felt like I worked too much. Vacation and personal time were generous. It was a wonderful atmosphere. I was expected to learn and do a great job, but was given the tools to easily do so.

Cons

The company is really great about giving people time off who need it, but many people take advantage.