TD Insurance

Updated Jun 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Kenn Lalonde

Good pay no opportunity for growth

Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Prosgood pay compared to other banks

Consonly offers parttime. your shifts my change anytime. too much focus on customer satisfaction and unnecessary loyalty slogans

Advice to Senior Managementdont treat employees like a child. let them think and work independent

Bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Camden, NJ

ProsSome very nice staff, decent benifits

ConsVery poor management and technology. Unit Managers and Team Leaders should value staff input and listen to valuable suggestions. No respect for staff at all. Not the positive workplace Commerce Insurance was.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to staff input. Do not assume senior managers are properly handling things.

Why all the complaints?

Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsGood vibe, competitive environment but not too much pressure. Leaders spend a good deal of time and effort with advisors. Opportunity for those who perform well. Have worked in other contact centres. way better than most! Those posting comments are probably the spoiled brats who got managed for a reason.

ConsOld systems. Silly procedures in some cases. Ever-changing focuses can be confusing for staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep getting rid of the whiners who are writing these comments. There's probably good reason they're posting such comments.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible place to work

Insurance Advisor (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay, can win a trip......thats about it.
    Used to have great benefits. The bank had taken them all.

ConsManagement is outrageous. They hire the person who has their head shoved the farthest up managements butts. This company works on favoritism and turning you into a robot. Coaching is a joke. The management team is completely disconnected from reality, yet scared to speak up because if you do you will be black listed and never move anywhere.

No opportunity at all for growth. The bank rejects applicants from the insurance side yet we are ok to take employees from the bank.

They would rather hire inexperienced people to fill positions then hire extremely talented people from within.

If you are a top performer you will be degraded and scrutinized so harshly it's not worth trying to over achieve.

Nothing you ever do will be good enough. They ask for your opinion and then are again black listed for saying it.

They want robots with no personality who will kiss up. Anyone that was a great manager or advisor has left the company now and it's filled with washed up useless managers who do nothing but snitch on you for anything. If you speak in confidence to a manager they will turn around and run to the upper management.

Not to mention the actual job is insane. They expect the world from you but will always tell you you're not good enough.

Save your time and effort and sanity....do not work here.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet new management

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

ProsUsed to be good.

ConsThey treat employee's like children, and have little to no respect.
    Impossible goals

Advice to Senior Management.Treat your employees with respect/ listen to what the front line people tell you they need

Good company overall - so far!

Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) Saint John, NB (Canada)

ProsSupportive colleagues, free & unlimited coffee and tea, cafeteria, access to a gym inside the building, employee benefits. Oh and what else.. I do enjoy what I do! :)

ConsHere in the Saint John office, everything has to be done on the phone. It would be nice if there could be a little in-person interactions between clients and employees, but I guess this is just the way how businesses are done these days.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be great if newer employees can be exposed to more opportunities, and that the system could really be upgraded.

loved my job and the company

Customer Service (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Proslots of opportunity for advancement

ConsAbuse of short term disability, alot of absentism

Advice to Senior ManagementStart to hire management that know the insurance indusry

I do not like working for this company.

Accident Benefits Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsIf you're looking for very little accountability this is the job for you. They have decent benefits and schedules can be pretty flexible however management loves to micro manage and treat employees like children. A good job for someone straight out of school with little experience.

ConsThere are too many cons to list. Management is a complete joke. Most analyst are far more experienced and knowledgeable than management yet they are run by them. I'm ashamed to say that I have worked here. You spend most of your time following policies and procedures that serve no purpose and just take you away from your actual work. Management does not value the opinion of employees. Very little opportunity for growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice could ever change what's going on with this company....

Not a bad place to work with

Claims Analyst (Current Employee) Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

ProsWell known corporate entity with banking benefits

ConsHuge Corporation, Lot of Red tape and endless policies and procedures to follow which are frequently tweaked as per managements will and requirements.

Advice to Senior ManagementEverything is focussed on either customer or shareholders. Even employee engagement initiatives are inclined towards solely customer in mind which may sometimes be counter-productive.

Terrible Company to Work For

Customer Services Analyst (Former Employee) Edmonton, AB (Canada)

ProsDiscounts on banking (most beneficial for mortgages).

Cons-Not allowed to leave the call center to get coffee on your break
    -Very strict monitoring of calls taken; emphasis was on taking as many calls as possible but also ensuring that you provided top-notch customer service. These two viewpoints conflict, as detailed issues or requests required time off of the phones, and Resource Optimization would never agree to schedule time off of the phones to complete files.
    -Team Leaders were promoted based on favoritism and not based on merit.
    -Team Leaders micromanaged employees--down to reprimanding a pregnant employee for taking too many washroom breaks.
    -No cell phones were allowed on the floor, yet Team Leaders were consistently found to the on their phones.
    -The nepotism runs deep; if you weren't a family friend of management or related to management, you weren't going to get a raise/promotion no matter how high your stats were.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop promoting your sisters and cousins to management, because they don't know what they are doing.

Worked for TD Insurance? Contribute to the Community!