TDB Reviews

Reset
2.3
Terry Bryan
1 Rating

1. This employer advocated for my team and me throughout the 3-year assignment with 100% support.

Former Contractor - Technical Writer III in Denver, CO
    Former Contractor - Technical Writer III in Denver, CO

I worked at TDB as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

The contracting manager from TDB, Ryan, nurtured an ongoing successful relationship with the client, which I feel was key to gaining at least three major contract extensions.

Cons

There were no cons....this was the best job I ever had, and I have to give much credit to TDB.

Advice to Management

Management was more approachable, responsive, involved, and engaged in our work at the VHA than any other contracting company I have worked for. They were appreciative of our commitment to the work, and rewarded us for it.

2. Mystery employer???

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at TDB as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay was decent. Above average.

Cons

Never heard from them, kept employees guessing if they were accomplishing what was expected of them. NO motivation given, employer was indifferent to their employees. The atmosphere was dismal to say the least.

Advice to Management

Please read my comments this should be pretty insightful.

3. At times difficult to work with

Current Employee - Clerk
    Current Employee - Clerk

I have been working at TDB full-time

Pros

Management friendly, polite, and helpful when I was able to reach them. Never any difficulty with taking days off. Paycheck was always on time and reporting hours for payroll was a breeze.

Cons

Managment was at times deflective of questions and at times outright decietful, especially in regards to the terms and length of assignment

5. So bad that I can't even rate them!

Former Contractor - FOIA Analyst in Lees Summit, MO
    Former Contractor - FOIA Analyst in Lees Summit, MO

I worked at TDB as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

They do find great jobs for the government.

Cons

Very toxic employment environment! Weekly threats of being terminated, eliminating any overtime that MIGHT be worked, non-supporting supervision. Horrible people!

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with some kind of respect.

6. It was a temporary assignment and management treated the employees as disposable.

Former Employee - Contractor in Lees Summit, MO
    Former Employee - Contractor in Lees Summit, MO

I worked at TDB

Pros

It was a job during the height of the recession. As such, it was good to have work. Beyond that it paid pretty well considering it was a contract job.

Cons

Everything other than the fact that it was a job and paid okay. The senior management operated without regard for employees feelings or their needs.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to hire people from the outside and update the people you have on staff. Too many people that work their are in their positions because they are friends and not because they have the ability to do the work. Furthermore, the owners need to distance themselves from the operation as they are more a hindrance than a help.

7. TDB Communications. A staffing company for the gov't. The speciic contract will make or break your enjoyment.

Former Employee - Contractor in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Contractor in Kansas City, MO

I worked at TDB

Pros

I recieved pretty good pay only because TDB was under a gov't contract that mandated that they pay their employees the same that the government people were earning. The senior management made it clear that we would not be making that much if we were under a different circumstance. Your job experience can change depending on what contract they may be working on, because in essence you are really working for a different company/agency. I really enjoyed working at DHS, but that has nothing to do whatsoever with TDB since I was basically doing the exact same job as the federal employees.

Cons

The management team was a little shady in some of their practices. I never personally had any issues with them because I was one of the better employees. Some were upset with the way they handled the benefits, others were upset that they laid off half of the company because we were doing so well and they realized they could cut half the people and make the other half work harder.

Advice to Management

My thoughts are that you should be open and honest with your employees. Tell the truth, even when it isnt comfortable to do so. We made you guys a lot of money on that contract, and you couldve done the right thing and provided more compensation for the people who remained after the layoff since you expected us to pick up the slack to finish your contract on time, which we did for you. Youre welcome, by the way.

RSS Feed </> Embed