TDIndustries

Updated May 30, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Harold MacDowell

Really is a Great Place to Work!

ProsManagement trusts it people (partners). Forward thinking. Training and Development are great! They love to have fun. A lot of teamwork.

ConsThey tend to put up with non productive partners for way to long. The headquarters is out of date. Need to promote working from home.

Advice to Senior ManagementAct quicker and keep up the forward thinking.

Nice people, low pay, deceptive hiring practices. Low morale

Orbital Welder/Plumber/Fitter (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsNice people to work for and with very friendly co workers. Great place to get experience. Great fall back or plan B company.

ConsLowest pay as compared to their completion. Very dishonest about hiring practices. They hire about forty to fifty people to work through a temp agency for more money than they pay there full time employees ("partners") who have been there for ten yens or more. They have the partners take on as many temp helpers as possibly to train and manage with the idea that "you will be hired after 90 days". After about six months goes by of working sixty plus hour work weeks go by and still working temp the morale of the temps is diminished. Around 11 months and the big push (known as a ramp ) is over they will offer about four people out of the fifty a job. They will send the 4 of you off to have a physical complete with X-rays and a HAIR sample drug screen and after we passed they offered all of us candidates the permanent job aka (partnership) for 2$ to 4$ an hour less than what you were making as a temp and claim that it's to help pay for your benefits which by the way you have to pay for you own health,dental, ect. insurance that is expensive with crazy high deductibles . After that they send you out of town for a "few weeks" which turns in to a year as all of the other partners will gladly tell you so you can take on 2 -5 trainees who are all making 2-4$ an hour more than you. Which is a lot of money when you are working for 18$ to 20 $ an hour 200 miles from home. They do pay for you a room at candllewood suites and 35$ a day for meals but the gas for the 200 mile drive is on you and you have to provide your own tools.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease read the cons statement which will explain why so many of us who have left are now making 8 to 10 $ an hour more at other jobs. You have a great atmosphere and good hearted people which is rare in this trade. Though you may have corrected some of these problems but you have a serious internal and external image problem within the semiconductor community. Most of the best former employees that you have lost in the past have worked for you more than once and gave up trying to make it work would gladly come back if these problems were straightened out. I am willing to bet that 95% of your employees have a subscription to Forbes. Stop spending all that time, effort and money to stay on the Forbes top 100 companies (?) to work for and invest that in partner morale in the form of wages and benefits$. Look at reality. That is what the integrity of your image is based off of in the real world.

Great Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsGreat Benefits, thry have a solid beginning. They are beginning to waffle on the values that made them great. Job descriptions and accountability are needed.

ConsThey need to live up to their mission statment.
    Gaurd against arrogance and complacency.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your middle managers do the decison making, there are in touch with the "boot on the ground".

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not the Greatest Place to Work

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsEmployee Owned Company. Philosophy of Servant Leadership is great. It just needs to be implemented.

ConsUpper Management does not have a good grasp on what is happening in the trenches.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide better tools for your employees to get their jobs done. Get a handle on your job descriptions and fit your pay scales to the jobs that you hire for.

Started off great, company has turnover in management. losing core values

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe idea of employee owned is enticing, your voice being heard and valued important is empowering. Education training is above average.

ConsFavoritism is rampant. Company is going through the motions of its core values, its not instilled in everyone anymore. Losing great people.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back about 20 years to the way it used to be.

ok if you like const. education paid for and want very little promotion.

Process Mechanic (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

Prostrade school paid for almost entirely

Consno promotion unless the boss really likes you regardless of your performance

Advice to Senior Managementknow your employees

I experienced growth and encouragement within my dept. until management changed and did a 180.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Farmers Branch, TX

ProsGood people and support from fellow employees.
    Direct understanding of all job duties and functions.
    Good benefits,and strong company moral.

ConsManagement does not fulfill their "Servant Leadership" agenda and philosophy. This was practiced to a 80-90% approach, whereas the other most important part falls by the wayside and deflates many a confidence.
    Beware of the annual end of the year staff reduction, esp. for mid-lower management and employee. I observed this on a regular basis.

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach. My feeling is you will never break your success barrier, and elevate yourself in tops construction sales industry.

It was an OK place

HVAC (Current Employee)

Prosemployee owned, the benifits were good

ConsYou have to have meetings to decide what your meetings are going to be about. O

Advice to Senior ManagementThe managers that you put in place should be watched

Management Sucked

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI made some good friends?

ConsNo room for growth, unless you happen to be the Office Managers friend. I watched a girl leave and come back 3 times, and the last time a job was created for her. Funny how she made it less than 6 months and left again. Of course, that position was not backfilled.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop thinking about yourselves, and look to your employees. Most have been there over 7 years and are way more loyal than any of ya'll. Also, stop hiring your friends, and kids.... looks bad.

Worked for TDIndustries? Contribute to the Community!