TDK Technologies Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.5
Kristin Tucker

1. TDK- great experience so far.

Pros

The environment is great. It is a small, close-nit team. Everyone is very open and supportive. There is something new every day, so it is great if you like variety.

Cons

Some clashing between Business Development and Recruiting. The job descriptions given from clients are not always clear, so the expectations can change fairly frequently.

Solid and team-based

Current Employee - Java Developer in Chesterfield, MO
    Current Employee - Java Developer in Chesterfield, MO

I have been working at TDK Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Knowledgable and welcoming team members, especially on the Projects side of the business. Great flexibility both in days off and working from home. Excellent benefits package, including vision as well as health and dental on medical. Really backs up their contractors if there's an issue at client sites.

Cons

Despite professing to use open-book management, does not give employees a lot of insight into management's view or expected upcoming jobs. Recruiters change repeatedly. Does not put as much money into their hardware as expected for a tech company.

Advice to Management

If you want to brag on transparency, follow through and let people see what's coming! Update the office computers.

3. Best I've worked with in STL

Pros

I've had a very positive experience with TDK Technologies. I have worked with recruiters in the past and none have satisfied me on all levels like TDK has. They establish a strong rapport with the client and it is evident that they work very hard on behalf of their consultants. Additionally, they offer outstanding benefits. In my experience, other recruiting agencies either don't offer any benefits or their benefits pale in comparison. I am very happy with my current placement and I am pleased to be working with TDK.

Cons

Nothing negative to speak of

5. Best consulting company in town by far!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, MO

I have been working at TDK Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

TDK Technologies employs people who are passionate about their careers. The leadership staff and management team are engaged at every level of the organization. Each person is encouraged to grow and develop into industry leaders. Individuals are challenged and management looks for ways to continually tap into the resources they have with their current team and offer opportunities for personal and professional development. Their business model is centered around partnership both with clients and candidates. They understand that making a good match goes well beyond a skill set match.

Cons

I really have nothing negative to say.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

6. Average company until you are no longer of use

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at TDK Technologies as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Decent benefits Prompt responses when reaching out to office Quarterly bonuses (very small)

Cons

All about the bottom line with contractors - no compassion for work/life balance

Advice to Management

Evaluate your benefits package to include those with unexpected life events instead of just leaving people to figure out how to support their family with no assistance.

7. Fantastic Company that cares about its employees

Current Employee - Project Manager - Consultant in Earth City, MO
    Current Employee - Project Manager - Consultant in Earth City, MO

I have been working at TDK Technologies full-time

Pros

My experience with TDK has been extremely fulfilling. As a first-time consultant, I was understandably hesitant to get into the world of consulting, in an already unsteady job market. However, they put my mind at ease immediately and ensured that I was taken care of in every sense of the word. The staff is amazingly friendly and knowledgeable, the compensation rates and benefit package are five star. For anyone considering whether or not to get into the consulting business, TDK would be an excellent choice.

Cons

The ONLY con I can think of (and this is stretching it) is that they only currently place consultants in West County. Being from South City, it made for quite the drive every day. I would hope they would expand their client base to include more Saint Louis area IT companies.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - and maybe try to expand business toward the city. Otherwise, change nothing. You guys are amazing.

8. Great Consulting Opportunity

Current Contractor - Senior Programmer Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Contractor - Senior Programmer Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at TDK Technologies as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Management tries to stay connected with the Consultants. Benefit packages are some of the best in the area.

Cons

Dental package is overpriced. Opportunities to move around between companies that have contract positions is limited.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

9. I enjoy being a part of a great company that strives to bring value to the company and the clients.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at TDK Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am very impressed they embrace the Great Game of Business and involve their employees in the financials of the business. Most companies are afraid to open themselves up for review.

Cons

We don't see all the other employees often since we all work away at the client sites.

10. Great Opportunities

Current Employee - Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at TDK Technologies full-time

Pros

TDK is a great company to work for with great benefits.They also have little perks and treat employees like family!

Cons

I can't think of anything that would be considered a con

Advice to Management

n/a

11. Excellent opportunity for stable employment and professional development.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

TDK Technologies is a great place to work for information technology professionals. Some reasons include: 1) Competitive compensation. 2) Comprehensive benefits. 3) Growing company. 4) Competent management. 5) Focus on core competencies of technology and management services allows them to stay on the leading edge of the IT consulting industry, which means you will be obtaining useful experience in these areas. 6) Friendly people and good company culture.

Cons

I can't think of any downsides specific to working at TDK, but for consultants who aren't in permanent positions there is the downside of what to do when their contract comes to an end. I will say that TDK has an excellent remarketing track record.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on taking care of your consultants, delivering business results to your clients, excelling at your core competencies, and playing a thought leadership role in the IT community.

RSS Feed </> Embed