TE Connectivity

TE Connectivity Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014

TE Connectivity CEO and Director Tom Lynch

Tom Lynch

Pros:
  • "Good Benefits, awesome 401k plan, depending in which department you work: good work life balance"
    in 14 reviews
  • "Good benefits (but average for a big corporation)"
    in 19 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper management was disconnected with what was actually happening at the local level"
    in 16 reviews
  • "Senior management at most divisional levels hasn't got a clue how to run the business"
    in 15 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Wonderful work experience

Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee)
Kennesaw, GA

I worked at TE Connectivity full-time for more than a year

Proslearning programs, very process driven, remote work available

Conslots of insider politics, nepotism in the work place, alot of personal politics

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensation packages are great, acknowledge people and they will stay

Well-treated

Customer Account Representative (Current Employee)
Shakopee, MN

I have been working at TE Connectivity full-time for more than a year

ProsThis is a very friendly and easy-going corporate culture. Value hard-work and innovation and completing goals you have set for yourself.

ConsJob security has been an issue due to recent large structural changes (temporary), but I dont see much room for "vertical movement" within the company.

Good company that is well run

Senior Manager Finance (Current Employee)
Eden Prairie, MN

ProsSmart People, good exposure, good HR organization

ConsInternal politics and some leadership gaps

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A good place to work, with composition being low, and high expectations from employees

I have been working at TE Connectivity full-time for more than 5 years

ProsInteresting projects and products to work on. Benefits are average. Depending on the manager, time off is reasonable. Company are well stated. These values are followed up by regular training.

ConsHigh expectations with little recognition for their contributions. Poor project management methods. Very upper degree orientated. While the state company values are good, many are just for show, and and not followed by middle management. The training appears to be to just check the box. Different division do not work together to the point of working against each other. Legacy company separations still exist, to the point that the company has multiple personalities.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdopt PMI methods of project management company wide Not just that check boxes are filled in. Recognize staff accomplishments and skills, promoting employees in to leadership positions. Keeping promises to employees. Discard legacy methods of performing business, and get a common program across the whole company.

TE is a strong engineering firm with advanced technology- but not good for young, creative engineers

Materials Engineer (Current Employee)
Fuquay-Varina, NC

I have been working at TE Connectivity full-time for more than 3 years

ProsStrong benefits, good 401k and stock options.There is a corporate matching program if you make a donation to a cause. Employees are rewarded with spot bonuses and kickbacks for patents. TE loves to file patents... so if you have an idea you can probably file a disclosure as an employee. Travel opportunities also make some of the positions desirable (if you like to travel). TE is also into social media which adds an innovative vibe to the firm. Each year TE also hosts and internal technical conference for the top engineers- it creates an annual opportunity for engineers to show off what they have contributed to the company. The conferences are in cool locations- the past conference was in Japan.

ConsIf you are a young engineer, you will be dumped in a corner and given no room for creativity. Young = "naive" in the eyes of TE. This mantra really limits the potential of the company. Additionally, most of the innovative technology if Euro"centric"... so if you are not European, your idea will most likely be overlooked. Additionally, TE is toooooo huge to fully understand the scope of everything TE makes. There are 12+ divisions with 4 business units.... so it is hard to know what the company does. I still struggle to explain what TE does as a whole... and I am close to entering my third year with them.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate opportunities for young engineers- let them be creative, travel, and contribute to the innovative culture of TE. We are the future of the organization.

Great place to work!

Director (Current Employee)
Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at TE Connectivity full-time for more than 3 years

ProsTE is a company that I am proud to say I am a part of, people and performance focused with an eye on innovation. Tom and executive staff are providing the right environment to attract customers, investors and new talent!

ConsChallenges are working through some of old cultural management style, where things were done a certain way in the past and these people not seeing the light of change.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore 1:1's with the troops to understand the pulse of organization, lunch and learns would be great for Tom and his staff.

Good company to work in

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at TE Connectivity full-time

ProsGood culture, support employee to gain work related skills, nice place to start your career.

ConsLack of organization stability(in certain BU)

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be more connections between different business units

My first day i was told by an engineer "Welcome to Hell" !!

Quality Engineer (Former Employee)
Wilsonville, OR

I worked at TE Connectivity full-time for more than 3 years

ProsZero reasons to work at the wilsonville site unless your a masochist.

ConsManagement is probably the worst in any workplace period. They treat engineers and other professionals with impunity and speak down to you as if you were a child. Management has no clue how to actually run an effective production facility using OEE and other viable tracking techniques. I know a person who was directed to change numbers to improves production reports. When he refused due to ethics he was ridiculed and berated by management.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou cannot give advice to the management in wilsonville. They know everything and they will drill it into your small brain.

Horrible work

Development Engineer (Current Employee)
Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at TE Connectivity full-time for more than a year

ProsThere are good benefits such as bonuses, healthcare, etc. It's a big company so there is money to go around. They allow you to have travel cards, so you don't have to use your own money out of pocket for business travel.

ConsManagement doesn't understand a thing you're supposed to be doing. They assign you work outside your expertise, and it's highly disorganized with communication. The program manager talks to customer, but doesn't relay the info back to the engineers, so we don't know what we need to build. The people are not encouraged to do their job. The less work they get, the better. People tend to dump work on others to avoid doing the work themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management is absolutely awful. The upper management is located on the east coast, and have no idea what the other sectors are doing on the west coast, and they are making decisions that are not the best for those sectors.

End the misery

Technical Associate (Current Employee)
Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at TE Connectivity full-time for more than 10 years

Prosvacation, personal days, ok insurance, decent 401k

Consno work most of the time.

Advice to Senior Managementstop shipping the jobs away.

Worked for TE Connectivity? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TE Connectivity reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TE Connectivity CEO Tom Lynch. All 297 reviews posted anonymously by TE Connectivity employees.