TEAGUE Reviews

John Barratt

3D Generalist\Designer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

I have been working at TEAGUE part-time

Pros

Very smart people work here. I am always learning new ways to do things,

Cons

Little too clicky. People kind of huddle and don't reach out to new employee's

Advice to Management

Encourage contractors to work for a full time employment if desired. A little more 1 on 1 communication would be great.

Aviation studio designer

Current Employee - Aviation Designer in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Aviation Designer in Everett, WA

I have been working at TEAGUE full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great colleagues and great projects to work with. Flexible working time

Cons

You don't get any recognition for your great work. They only care about billable hours and money. It used to be great company but not any more. A lot of creative and talented designers have left company within a couple of years. I wish they do spend time and money to make better community at our company. If you are passionate about design, go elsewhere

Beauty is only skin deep

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at TEAGUE full-time

Pros

Highly intelligent co-workers who make the most of their surroundings Great locations in the Seattle area Fair pay, good benefits

Cons

Limited opportunities for advancement Lack of transparency between staff and management Employee development and training opportunities are doled out to a select few Several policies were not disclosed upon hiring which led to a disconnect between the company culture and actual behavior

Advice to Management

Provide opportunities for growth and advancement If you put it in writing, make sure that all are accountable

Great People, Amazing Legacy, Poor Management, Bleak Future

I have been working at TEAGUE full-time

Pros

Teague has some of the best people in the world. Smart, kind, fun. I really enjoy my coworkers. The downtown office is lovely and well situated.

Cons

The management is timid and spends too much time looking backward. They simply have not kept up with the changing times. Internal systems are outdated and clunky. Very few women or minorities in any roles of power. Have overheard homophobic comments being made.

Advice to Management

Everything new is not a threat. Don't let your insecurities rule an entire organization.

A design firm on its way back to the top.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

I have been working at TEAGUE full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People are amazing. The work is engaging. The people that understand our client move heaven and earth to deliver amazing and considered design work.

Cons

Very few opportunities to advance. Though I get the sense we are shifting to promoting from within. Focus on other less established studios.

Advice to Management

Give credit to the people who have established and grown the business. Invest within. Grow and cultivate instead of hiring expensive pedigree. Let the work tell the story and build the business organically. Great design after great design. Just like we've always done it.

A great company that lost its way

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at TEAGUE full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent health benefits, profit share and pay. Nice offices in Seattle and Everett. The staff is really talented and motivated to do great work.

Cons

Teague doesn't have strong leadership. The company has hired new leadership at the highest level, but the culture has gotten worse and the staff has suffered. A lot of great people have left in the last two years and no one cares. There are a lot of internal politics at play. It's hard to get things done.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to look in the rearview mirror, nostalgia isn't all negative. The company has lost its way, but it can be great again. Consider rethinking more recent changes that have negatively impacted the culture

Everything is a Rush

Current Employee - Technician in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Technician in Everett, WA

I have been working at TEAGUE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice commute, Quiet surroundings Free parking.

Cons

Dirty environment to work in

Advice to Management

Promote from within.

Cares more about dollars than designers

I have been working at TEAGUE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Teague has good vacation time, offers competitive pay and generous vacation time. Work life balance is pretty good and some positions allow for flex in schedule. The talent is great, some of the best designers working in aerospace are at Teague.

Cons

The company generally doesn't care about people, except what their billable contribute is. The culture is the worst I have ever experienced. Corporate is more important than design and everyone feels that. I agree with another reviewer that the leadership is inexperienced and needs to be changed.

Advice to Management

Get out of your own way and put your people first. Don't let the culture be an afterthought. In a people powered business culture is all that matters.

Good design firm

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

I have been working at TEAGUE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Teague offers a lot of benefits for its employees, good healthcare, great PTO and the overall environment is flexible. Everyone is approachable including the President/CEO. Nothing is off limits to talk about or discuss. Everyone is friendly, it is an open work environment which is great and everyone becomes family after awhile.

Cons

Teague does not foster it's talent from within. Many great/fantastic employees get stepped over for someone new. It doesn't know how to appreciate who it has and who they can train. There is a lack of fostering new designs and new ideas. While they may be encouraged to talk about and discuss, taking it further almost never happens.

Advice to Management

Too top heavy.

Inexperienced at the top

Current Employee - Industrial Designer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Industrial Designer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at TEAGUE full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great office spaces downtown. The talent that stays is top notch, especially in aviation and the aviation offer is impressive. Vacation time is pretty good. Depending on your department, schedule can be flexible.

Cons

This company used to be great, but changed a lot in the last few years. Teague's newer executive team is extremely inexperienced and that is felt across the entire company. The culture is corporate and uninspiring. Revenue is the only motivating factor here now. If you want to have impact in the world of design and have a good time, go somewhere else.

Advice to Management

If you want to change the company like you say, change the executive team. Hire leaders who care about people, understand the industry and have applicable experience. Teague is too top heavy, and with the wrong people at the very top.

RSS Feed </> Embed