TEAM Industrial Services

Updated August 25, 2014
Updated August 25, 2014

3.2

Philip J Hawk

Brought life back to the old MQS!

Current Employee - Senior Tech LIII, CWI  in  Pitts, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Tech LIII, CWI in Pitts, PA

I have been working at TEAM Industrial Services as a contractor for more than 10 years

Pros

Great technicians. For the most part, good management. Plenty of work. Closer relationships between management and labor, unlike the usual separation of us and them. Safety is priority!

Cons

Not all managers share the companies long term values. Too concerned about month to month profits and not the long term health of the lab.

Keep our reputation of "Safety first, QUALITY always" in tact. Customer satisfaction is worth more than a few bucks this month or quarter.

This company lies to it employees.

Former Employee - Senior Inspector  in  Beaumont, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Inspector in Beaumont, TX

I worked at TEAM Industrial Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

None at all ...., any

Cons

Poor management no one knows what they are doing and lie to cover it up

Quit this job and Find a new one

Best job I've ever had!

Current Employee - Technician  in  Hammond, IN
    Current Employee - Technician in Hammond, IN

I have been working at TEAM Industrial Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Upward career path, pays well, interesting work and great direct management. Team challenges it's workers to strive for a better way to work. Safety is of utmost importance.

Cons

Long hours are demanded of you. You can be asked to travel to where the work is on a moments notice. Benefits are not as good as some of their equal sized competitors.

Train field personnel to be a better reflection of the company with more company knowledge. Customers see them every day, they should represent our company in it's best form.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good company

Current Employee - Valve Tech  in  Pasadena, TX
    Current Employee - Valve Tech in Pasadena, TX

I have been working at TEAM Industrial Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

great money, and good training

Cons

too much travelingand being away from family

Great opportunity if you're willing to sacrifice.

Former Employee - Assistant Technician  in  South Roxana, IL
    Former Employee - Assistant Technician in South Roxana, IL

I worked at TEAM Industrial Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

They're willing to train you from 0 experience up to a professional technician. They give full respect to safety issues.

Cons

As a newbie, there's no guarantee of work, but you're on call 24/7. If you're experienced, you can get overworked.

Try giving technicians advance notice (more than 12 hours) of an upcoming shift (especially midnights), if that's even possible.

Great Company Over-all

I have been working at TEAM Industrial Services

Pros

Top Management is excellant and wants to do the right thing.

Cons

Sometimes have a problem with to much intercompany politics

A better way to report bad conduct and problems

Unethical and Irresponsible Hiring/Personnel Practices

Current Employee - Middle Management  in  Alvin, TX
    Current Employee - Middle Management in Alvin, TX

I have been working at TEAM Industrial Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

With the exception of senior management these are good people to work with. Not necessarily good people to work FOR.

Cons

Senior management actively wooed me away from a solid, long term, management level position with a Fortune 100 company and then let me go in the first layoff of the recession after only 3 months with the firm. I have been unable to re-establish myself in a like position in the workforce since that time. This left me with no health insurance and a bad mortgage situation in the current housing market.

Think more carefully when bringing in new employees. Be aware of and take responsibility for the potentially life altering negative consequences your casual attitude towards hiring/firing may have on an individual.

Growth minded, without a clearly communicated direction

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Alvin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alvin, TX

I have been working at TEAM Industrial Services

Pros

Team employees are a family. Safety is embedded in the culture. Heavily invested in middle management training and technical training of skilled workers.

Cons

Benefits are somewhat lacking. Divisional rivalries tend to overshadow any operational efficiency. Little or no training available for support staff.

Recruiting and retaining talent is the primary goal. Without the talent, growth will end.

Dull

Current Employee - N/A  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - N/A in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at TEAM Industrial Services

Pros

It's small. You can talk about issues directly with the CEO or CFO

Cons

It has a horrible way of communicating. Everyone knows everyone. No privacy when talking to anyone. Very close quarters. I am literally 5 steps away from my boss and very close to everyone in my department. Also, you need a key to use the bathroom! It's ridiculous.

I don't know

Disappointing and disgusted

Former Employee - Scapegoat
    Former Employee - Scapegoat

I worked at TEAM Industrial Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

None once you know what most high level managers will do to any individual to protect themselves against even a perceived threat.

Cons

Another person posted a comment about Team wooing them and then sending him packing not long after. I've seen this happen to some really amazing people that worked for Team. Some of their senior management should be let go and if the board of directors or top management know the way they've treated people and ruined some families along the way...you too should be let go and ashamed of yourselves. I left the company after becoming completely disgusted in just how heartless and cruel they can be.

Core Values? Please. Stop being so insulting, those values only serve when they serve you best. And by you, I mean any manager or person of authority that fits the description above.

Karma will ensure you know who you are.

Don't work for them unless it's temporary. They do have a lot of knowledge one could absorb and then move along and work for a company that truly has integrity!

I've met Phil and I believed he was a rather sincere person, I really hope he isn't aware of the many people his company has ruined. If so, I'm yet again disappointed in the human race. Phil, if you are a decent man, open the books and look at every manager/supervisor that was suddenly let go and investigate why. Call them directly as well. Show Team there is some integrity left. You'll discover some very dirty little secrets.

Fire yourselves if you read this and feel a little hot under the collar...guilt?

Worked for TEAM Industrial Services? Contribute to the Community!