TEC

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Dick Heiderstadt

A good place to start, but unless you're complacent, not a company you want to work a life-time at...

Jackson, MS

I have been working at TEC

ProsGood People. management is open to input from associates. I feel like i am a respected member of the team here...

ConsThere just doesn't seem to be enough room to grow and move up to where i want to go in my career

Advice to Senior ManagementI think for the most part the managers are doing a good job. Sometimes i feel like there should be more in house promotions, rather than hiring from the outside...

Unprofitable

Technician (Former Employee)
Boise, ID

I worked at TEC full-time for less than a year

ProsInstalling GPS units is fun.

ConsThey tell you what it pays, then changes it when it is time to pay. A lower amount.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey have insurance and don't use it because of the deductible. Crazy.

Ok place to work but after four years i am ready to move on

Newport News, VA

ProsRapidly growing company
Good pay and benefits
Young company (most employees are 25-35 years old)
interesting work
great opportunities for someone looking to transition from the militayr to the private sector due to a large number of DoD projects

ConsCompany is an ESOP corporation yet is still managed like a sole proprietorship by the CEO
No real job security (company is always having layoffs or "restructuring their workforce")
Good old boy network is alive and well here.
Company is currently under investigation by the Federal Government for discriminatory employment practices.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetire and go play golf because that is about all you do now anyway!

Beware!

Environmental Planner (Former Employee)
Newport News, VA

I worked at TEC

Prosgrowing company
work life balance can usually be managed
coworkers are good people
some interesting projects
opportunity for travel in some positions

ConsCronyism
Nepotism
Below market pay
lack of diversity
Often behind the curve in technology because TEC management thinks it is a waste of money to replace anything that still works...even if there is something that works much better.
No corporate credit cards at TEC, employees are expected to charge business expenses sometimes totalling tens of thousands of dollars on personal credit cards...then wait for TEC to get around to sending a reimbursement check.
No company cell phones at TEC, employees are expected to use their personal cell phones for business calls and and foot the bill themselves.
Historically too high reliance on public sector (mostly Department of Defense) work
Some really incompetant management decisions (underbidding contracts)
Employees live in constant fear of getting the axe in one of their MANY corporate downsizings.
Few people survive long enough to become vested in this company unless they are one of the good ole boys.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys built a solid company but it is time to retire and let someone else take it into the 21st century.

Great experience

Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at TEC

Prosworking at tec has been a wonderful experience and great growth opportunity. Highly recommended if you like a challenging environment

ConsIt could be long hours, a lot of work, a lot of time, a lot of hardship, and a lot of other stuff

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep going strong and complete the process that will help us continue to grow in the future with your vast experience.

Worked for TEC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TEC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TEC CEO Dick Heiderstadt. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by TEC employees.