TEKsystems

TEKsystems Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Updated May 22, 2014

TEKsystems President Keith Bozeman

Keith Bozeman

Pros
  • Excellent clients and the account managers understands the client needs and the quality recruiters(in 31 reviews)

• Great People - company cares about your personal well being - a lot of out of office events(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes work/life balance can be an issue for people in sales/recruiting as 50 hour work weeks are the norm(in 53 reviews)

• You are required to work very long hours (7:30-6:00) and if you leave early then you get hazed for it(in 40 reviews)

19 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great experience

IT Technician (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat opportunities to experience working within different industries. Learning new things.

ConsNo cons at this time. Newly employed.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone at this time. New to the company

Experience was not so great.

.NET Developer (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsRegular paychecks, once a month lunch.

ConsThe account manager laughed when I talked about negotiating the pay rate to what I wanted which I found unprofessional. If you turn in the resignation, they don't seem to care to keep you. Not much growth. They just care about the pay cheque and keeping the client happy. If you are unhappy at your job, they just expect you to do the job and ignore the rest instead of helping you find another that would keep you happy.

Worst company to work for

Software Developer (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGood job opportunities is the only good thing about teksystems. They find me good places to work for. I like the place where I am working.

ConsMy recruiter said she is doing me a favor by paying me $35 per hour and made be feel bad when I said I have really low pay rate. When I asked about my client pay rate to her, she said I can't disclose that you because of company policy. I just got to know that my client pays $75 per hour and I get paid $35 per hour. Where are the ethics?

Advice to Senior ManagementChange your policies. Fire my recruiters, maybe? Give me $50 per hour without making me feel bad? Where are your ethics???

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Roller Coaster

Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsI got Weekly Pay weekly

ConsThe pay structure and commissions are unfair

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat Recruiters equally to AMs

Pretty good overall!

Consultant (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat attention to staffed resources. Operations staff (for payroll and benefits) is very efficient and professional.

ConsBad at planning for next contract. Benefits drop for one contract to the next.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on retaining Consultants.

Tragedy

Recruiter (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsYou get to eat for free.

ConsThey try to do plenty of happy hours to make up for the horrible pay and benefits.The company is based on the employee who is liked the most. With that being said if your not with an account manager who cares about your success. You will never promote. High attrition within the company. Unsteady pay meaning you can be six figures after 3 years and in one day you can drop back to the initial pay 30k. Micromanage is an understatement. Office full of gossip. You dont promote unless someone go and tells the DBO how great you are. Meaning you can have a better track record and someone whose numbers isnt half as good as you will promote because of them speaking up

Advice to Senior ManagementNone they know that this is a pyramid scheme.

A place to achieve your career and personal goals!

Recruiter (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe family atmosphere is amazing. There is no work culture like it. Everyone is understanding and works together in a team collaboration. There is competition but it is friendly competition. The money that can be made here is totally up to how much work you put in and what you do with your time.The opportunities are limitless with this company they are always creating new positions!

ConsIt is a true roller coaster ride. As long as you celebrate the WINS and push through adversity you can handle this great opportunity!

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to push us to the next level. Don't let us be complacent. There is always another level we can achieve.

Good experience

Project Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsPaid Weekly, good interaction during the contract

Consnoting really negative to say

Don't trust them!

(Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsPaycheck - when it was done correctly!. This may be a good "staffing agency" to work for when terms are less than a year.

ConsTeksystems is not interested in careeer growth. Their main focus is billing the clients and profiting from your hard work. For contract terms greater than a year I would suggest not accepting the assignment. Be sure to get your contract-to-perm in writing! Actually make sure you get everything in writing which includes overtime, benefits, and salary increases....

Professional Company

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsExcellent support from account rep. Support team at TEK HQ always great to work with. Always efficient and accurate payroll processing.

ConsLess than optimal medical plan options compared with the cost.

Worked for TEKsystems? Contribute to the Community!