TEKsystems Reviews

Updated August 27, 2014

3.4

TEKsystems President Keith Bozeman
Keith Bozeman

Pros
  • Excellent clients and the account managers understands the client needs and the quality recruiters (in 31 reviews)

• Great People - company cares about your personal well being - a lot of out of office events (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes work/life balance can be an issue for people in sales/recruiting as 50 hour work weeks are the norm (in 53 reviews)

• You are required to work very long hours (7:30-6:00) and if you leave early then you get hazed for it (in 40 reviews)

More Highlights

Relationship Based Company with excellent growth opportunities.

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at TEKsystems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

TEK has a great culture! It's a work hard, play hard environment and the company does do things to keep you happy! They have an annual "contest" for those that hit their goals with a good bonus structure and incentive trip to Cancun annually. They will hire those with little/no experience with the right attitude and competitive background. The President understands the roles within the company because he started in the same roles that a new hire would do. The company is growing and there are a lot of opportunities in new products and services.

Cons

Long hours, hard to shut off work and go home. Selling Staffing is a difficult product. TEK's product is people, and people can change their mind. In order to be successful, you have to be able to deal with highs and lows of the job. The benefits they offer are expensive (high premiums and deductibles). There are a lot of changes in the compensation structure which are usually not for the better. There is a big push for "sacrifice" for the greater good mentality and a lot of changes creating a very silo'd organization and dissections of territories.

The constant push for activity and micro-management is exhausting.

Fantastic employer....abysmally poor benefits

Current Employee - Business/Data Analyst  in  Frankfort, KY
    Current Employee - Business/Data Analyst in Frankfort, KY

I have been working at TEKsystems as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

I've been with TEKsystems as a business analyst for 13 months placed with KY's Commonwealth Office of Technology. The Louisville, KY, office is staffed with professionals who are pleasant and helpful. They do care for their contractors and have an extremely favorable reputation with the state.

If you can deal with the 'Cons' listed below, TEKsystems is the best firm to get you placed with the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Most of their people have been with the state for years.

NOTE: concerning my rating for "Compensation & Benefits": the neutral score is based on benefits...not compensation.

Cons

The benefits...the benefits...the benefits. Nothing is standard: if you want paid holidays or PTO, you have to come down in salary. Their health insurance is the issue for me. I need good coverage that doesn't cost 1/4th of my monthly gross salary.

I will be leaving them next month; not because I want to, but I lose my health insurance coverage from an previous employer at the end of August.

Strongly urge you to re-think your benefit package. In today's world of health insurance law, you MUST do better to keep good people.

TEKsystems was very good to me!

Former Employee - Business Analyst Consultant  in  Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Business Analyst Consultant in Addison, TX

I worked at TEKsystems full-time for less than a year

Pros

My recruiter, delivery lead, and coordinator were all GREAT! They were honest with me upfront about my short term contract and the small percentage of contractors who actually get converted to full-time employees. I was lucky and did get converted and am very pleased! I am grateful to TEKsystems and all they did for me!

Cons

Receiving PTO as a contractor is rare and a wonderful benefit that TEKsystems offers, however the health insurance offered has room for improvement

Keep communications open.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good office culture

Current Employee - Senior IT Consultant  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior IT Consultant in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at TEKsystems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent salary, good office culture and work- life balance. Company core values are good and I feel employee friendly.

Cons

Have an image of HR consultancy which hurts core technical employees some times. Don't see much of recreation programs for employees

More focus needed on improving employee skills by arranging more training, etc.

TEKsystems is Pro-fessional

Current Employee - IT Project Manager  in  Madison, WI
    Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Madison, WI

I have been working at TEKsystems as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is professional at TEKsystems. They only hire the best. Working as a contractor is an excellent way to gain experience.

Cons

You should expect to provide your own health and dental insurance as well as your own IRA.

Continue to expect professionalism and excellence from all employees.

They get you hired where others can't

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at TEKsystems as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

TekSystems (Independence Ohio) seems to have a direct relationship with certain companies which make it easier to get hired. I initially used another recruiting company to try to get a position at a Financial company in Downtown Cleveland. I did not get a call back from that Recruiting company. I then went Through Mike D. at TekSystems of Independence Ohio and he got me an interview very quickly at the same Downtown Company, and I was offered the position about a week later, also at a higher hourly rate than I had expected. TekSystems has one of their reps introduce you to the hiring manager on the day of your interview. They also have the rep meet you in the lobby on your first day on the job to introduce you to your immediate report. Follow up and communication throughout the process is great also.

Cons

None...keep up the good work

Keep up the good work

Everything I wanted from a company.

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at TEKsystems part-time for more than a year

Pros

A positive work environment where I was surrounded by people who loved what they were doing. An ethical and people oriented company with an amazing support system

Cons

You will work long, hard hours to move up in the company. It takes a lot of commitment and determination but if you stick with it you'll be gold.

Very pleasant recruiters.

Former Employee - Business Analyst  in  Radnor, PA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Radnor, PA

I worked at TEKsystems full-time for less than a year

Pros

The recruiters I worked with were very pleasant and professional. I never felt pressured to take an interview that I didn't want to take. They would give reasons why I should, but I never felt bullied, like with some other recruiting agencies.

Cons

Some of the account reps weren't as thorough as some of the others. One in particular kept telling me how busy she was. I didn't need to hear her issues, I needed to find a job.

A Good Company for Contractors

Former Employee - Infrastructure Project Manager  in  Lake Buena Vista, FL
    Former Employee - Infrastructure Project Manager in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I worked at TEKsystems as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Once you have established yourself as an asset to any customer, TEKsystems will try to keep you employed with future assignments

Cons

They didn't seem interested in finding a more suitable role to meet my qualifications while I was actively on assignment.

It would be nice to have a career path for contractors rather than keep them at the same level and place within different companies.

Great Company

Current Employee - IT Professional  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - IT Professional in Denver, CO

I have been working at TEKsystems as a contractor for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent support of contractors, positive environment, outstanding organizational values and focus

Cons

Contracts are not always back to back

Worked for TEKsystems? Contribute to the Community!