TEKsystems Reviews

3.3
1,110 Reviews
TEKsystems President Keith Bozeman
Keith Bozeman

Pros
  • Descent pay, Supportive Account Managers, Helpful Team of Recruiters and AA's (in 33 reviews)

• Great People - company cares about your personal well being - a lot of out of office events (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is very minimal, it is not uncommon to work 7:30-6:00 4-5 days per week (in 60 reviews)

• Long hours, typical sales roles cons, there can be some office politics but not much (in 48 reviews)

1. Great amount of support, they will address any questions you may have and find a viable solution for it.

Former Contractor - Help Desk II/III in New York, NY
    Former Contractor - Help Desk II/III in New York, NY

I worked at TEKsystems as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Straight up with job responsibilities, they make sure to hire candidates that know their stuff!

Cons

Working hours depend on company policies, adaptation when being a consultant is a must in order to work efficiently.

A platform to address different schedule would be great.

2. Admin. Assistant

Current Employee - Admin Assistant in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Admin Assistant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at TEKsystems full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment and great people to work with.

Cons

Pay isn't that great and benefits are expensive.

None

Great company

Current Employee - Associate in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Associate in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at TEKsystems

Pros

Good Benefits, Good People, Good Opportunity. If you put in your time you will get rewarded with promotions. The culture is very laid back and leadership pushes personal growth.

Cons

The turnover is very high. You have to be able to take a lot of feedback and the entry level jobs can be very stressful for some, leading the turnover to be high. Salary could be higher.

Promote faster and reward your hard workers. Dont overwork employees. You could increase the salary a little more. The work that is being done is very stressful.

5. TEKsystem Review

Current Contractor - Project Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Contractor - Project Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at TEKsystems as a contractor (more than 8 years)

Pros

TEK does a good job at finding and supporting its contract labor while on the contract. The support staff and recruiters are real professional.

Cons

The benefits package has a lot to be desired and if you want paid holiday time then you will pay off it by deduction from your hourly rate.

Management need to review the process of benefits and paid time off for contract labor. I worked with the company for 8 years and no paid time off.

6. Great company very helpful in finding jobs

I have been working at TEKsystems

Pros

Recruiters are awesome; don't promise what they can't do

Cons

None so far love it

I never had an issue with management account managers do their job

7. Great staffing agency

Former Contractor - Desktop Support Technician
    Former Contractor - Desktop Support Technician

I worked at TEKsystems as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

They'll find really good job opportunities; some with employers willing to hire you.

Cons

If you're a temporary employee (contact/consultant/etc.) you'll receive no perks and pay could be better but, it's a staffing agency, it's to be expected.

Keep up the good work. Continue to find more new customers.

8. Great place to work with people who care about your success

I have been working at TEKsystems

Pros

Great place to work. They truly care about the success of their employees and invest in them

Cons

Very competitive market for sellers

Continue to invest in your employees

9. Great place to start or grow a career if you're highly ambitious; very systematic, developed sales organization

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter

I worked at TEKsystems

Pros

TEK is a great place to learn fundamental business and sales skills. You'll get out what you put in, to the extent that it aligns with what they want you to put in. Hyper organized, hard working natural relationship builders crush it here. If you're successful for three to five years there is a clear path to getting stock at what's now a multi billion dollar private company. Excellent place for crusher run through walls types.

Cons

The sales system is very rigid and does not do a good job of flexing to encourage internal innovation. The best people are the best at executing the thing, instead of improving on it. Cold calling introverts all day is hard work, but the idea is to relationship your way out of that painful world so you're just leveraging referrals. It's a highly task oriented place (literally do these things all day) so if you're more of an abstract white space thinker it can be limiting.

Double down on making sure everyone understands how everyone gets paid. This was a miss in my training. Take a hard look at where your people came from who rose all the way through the ranks, and hire for that archetype. Also, create frameworks that empower your people at the ground floor to innovate, but keep a close eye on them when they do.

10. Good place for me to start IT career

Current Employee - Contractor in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Contractor in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at TEKsystems full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Was easy for me to find work, starting my IT career

Cons

Contractor employee pay is very low; I'm in a new contract and I'll be earn less, despite that this contract position has more has somewhat more responsibility than my previous position at the helpdesk.

If I've been with TEKsystems for at least six months, I would expect to see a fairly decent wage; instead starting next week I'll be earning LESS than what I've been earning. RAISE THE PAY FOR CONTRACTORS, PLEASE!

11. Need to improve work culture

Current Employee - Senior Principal Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Principal Consultant

I have been working at TEKsystems full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Company is basically a merger of 3 firms i.e Allegis , FCS and TekSystems . Whatever comes from Allegis is good , which is HR and other policies like health benefits etc. and Allegis part is very professional too.

Cons

FCS part is what I worked for as a consultant and culture is very Indianized (as most of the managers are Indian) , where bosses behave as a boss and don't interact with you very much , also talk with in you in a bossy tone . The offshore is in India , where it seems people are not trained very well and have poor communication . Nightly calls with offshore is pain . If you have an offshore manager you'll be expected to attend nightly calls and may be weekend work too . I joined as a technical architect and suppose to work on design and architecture but basically work as a developer , thus no clarity of role and responsibility , whatever comes your way you'll have to work . Not much learning opportunity provided by employer. I saw most of the projects are offtrack which means you'll struggle in projects which you're thrown into because someone in higher management has screwed it ! NOT DONE !

Do skip level meetings , provide clarity on expectations and responsibilities . Care to see whats happening at root level .