TEKsystems

TEKsystems Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

TEKsystems President Keith Bozeman

Keith Bozeman

Pros:
  • "Most of the Account Managers are pretty engaged and check in regularly"
    in 24 reviews
  • "This is a great place to work for if your career is just getting started"
    in 21 reviews
Cons:
  • "Sometimes work/life balance can be an issue for people in sales/recruiting as 50 hour work weeks are the norm"
    in 48 reviews
  • "Micro Management, Long Hours, Greed fuels the employees and managers"
    in 31 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Recruiter and Account Manager

Account Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at TEKsystems full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat company to start your career with. Great people to work with and they have a great management strategy in place.

Promote from within. Hard workers and top performers will be recognized (usually)

I believe you get the best training and guidance in the first 9 weeks of being an employee. They have created a repeatable process for any hard worker to be successful.

ConsSalary is not the best, but the potential earnings are through the roof (literally). Uncapped commission but they started to sunset commissions after a certain period of time.

Your first 2 years you will work very long hours (50-60hrs/wk), but if that's something you're okay with then you'll be fine.

Depending on the type of manager you're paired with, you can succeed really fast or struggle in the first 12-18 months.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to build a culture of champions that are willing to train, develop, and share their successes. One of the many things I saw during my tenure with TEK was the AM that didn't have a great relationship with their recruiter(s).

I would also have a review or check up pretty frequently for new recruiters within the first 12-18months. That seems to be the time where most employees start to lose confidence or start to look elsewhere ,when in actuality, if they stayed for another 6 months they would see the fruits of their labor.

After moving on to a new company, I have to say that you all have developed a repeatable process for success for anyone who's willing to come in a work hard. However, overtime, i believe you will have to raise the base pay to continue to get the best talent.

great company to begin your career

I have been working at TEKsystems

Prosplenty of room for growth...if you're willing to put in the hours you will see much success

Conswork/ife balance isn't the greatest but there are some offices that are more flexible than others.

Solid Company

UAT Analyst (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA

I have been working at TEKsystems full-time for less than a year

ProsDecent, negotiable pay
Flexibility in contract placement

ConsLack of communication from home office

Advice to Senior ManagementCheck in weekly with contractors

Good experience

IT Security Engineer (Former Employee)
San Antonio, TX

I worked at TEKsystems full-time for more than a year

ProsProfessional, friendly. Decent benefits. Multiple opportunities within company.

ConsMostly contract work or contract for hire. Be careful when you join, you may not get holiday pay or any vacation pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider adding holiday pay and time off to all contractors

Very strong staffing company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at TEKsystems

ProsThey can place you anywhere, great people and staff, fun environment, would work with them again. Great pay rate , very eager to help you out again

ConsWith as big as they are they should be more selective in the hiring process

Fair pay and overtime pay.

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Bloomington, IL

I have been working at TEKsystems full-time for more than 3 years

ProsScreen employees to verify good fit. They don't put people in jobs just to get the contract. They want a good reputation.

ConsWould like to see more females in the upper management at the company. Yearly raises aren't always given regardless of performance for the consultants...more based on performance of company overall.

Advice to Senior ManagementAward the good consultants.

Senior Consultant

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
Edison, NJ

I have been working at TEKsystems full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood while you have a project.

ConsMake sure your skills are current.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on employees rather than being completely client facing

One the of the greatest contractor companies to work for...

IT Contractor (Former Employee)
Falcon Heights, MN

I worked at TEKsystems as a contractor for less than a year

ProsTheir adaptive staff makes sure that your the right fit for the job, and that the job is the right fit for you. They have an attention to detail when it comes to making sure that everything fits, and they don't stop helping once you get the contract. They keep in contact and check in consistently to make sure that it's still the right fit after the fact.

ConsNone, very happy with their services

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing.

Fair wage but no benefits

Senior IT Consultant (Current Employee)
Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at TEKsystems as a contractor for more than a year

ProsGood market wages, challenging work. Dental & vision plans decent.

ConsNo vacation, holidays, or other paid time off. No match on the 401K. Terrible health (medical) plan offerings.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut together a fair benefits package on your long term contract employees, say 6 months continuous billing qualifies for paid holidays, and perhaps 1 week paid vacation after a year, 2 weeks after 2 years, etc. GET a decent health plan in place at a decent price before the Federal Government forces you to and the price tag doubles.

Great people to work with

Software Developer (Current Employee)
Stevens Point, WI

I have been working at TEKsystems full-time for less than a year

ProsChallenging position working with a group of fellow professionals who were all prepared to accomplish the goals and job that brought them together.

ConsHard to judge from a single project, but there didn't seem to be very much TEKsystems management support when there was zero client IT support and even active resistance.

I would hope this is atypical.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep a closer watch on how projects are going from a budgetary standpoint so that consultants can be informed of possible changes before they occur.

Worked for TEKsystems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TEKsystems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TEKsystems CEO Keith Bozeman. All 705 reviews posted anonymously by TEKsystems employees.