TEKsystems Reviews

Updated September 15, 2014
3.3

TEKsystems President Keith Bozeman
Keith Bozeman

Pros
  • Excellent clients and the account managers understands the client needs and the quality recruiters (in 31 reviews)

• Great People - company cares about your personal well being - a lot of out of office events (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes work/life balance can be an issue for people in sales/recruiting as 50 hour work weeks are the norm (in 53 reviews)

• You are required to work very long hours (7:30-6:00) and if you leave early then you get hazed for it (in 40 reviews)

More Highlights

Good place to work

I have been working at TEKsystems

Pros

Very open and passionate culture. Very structured training and development program. This is a great place to work for if your career is just getting started.

Cons

Base salary is on the lower range for the same type of positions in the industry. Moving up can be very slow therefore employee turnover rate is high.

Cool Place to Work/Great Reps that Work for Your Best Interests

I have been working at TEKsystems as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Teksystems' reps are always available and address your concerns right away. I love the office culture's lack of politics.

Cons

I haven't experienced any 'cons' so far.

None.

Great Consulting Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at TEKsystems as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Salary is good when you start.

Cons

Holidays need to be negotiated

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Supportive account managers

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Bloomington, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Bloomington, IL

I have been working at TEKsystems as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Great working relationship with account managers/recruiters who take an interest in you and continue in-person contact after you start project work.

Cons

You can be at the mercy of the changing winds at the client site as a contractor. Develop ways to be a stronger advocate for the contractor.

Keep up the good working relationships with your contractors. More emphasis to assist in understanding and navigating the client culture, so consultants can hit the ground running and contribute optimally.

TEKsystems is Pro-fessional

Current Employee - IT Project Manager  in  Madison, WI
    Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Madison, WI

I have been working at TEKsystems as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is professional at TEKsystems. They only hire the best. Working as a contractor is an excellent way to gain experience.

Cons

You should expect to provide your own health and dental insurance as well as your own IRA.

Continue to expect professionalism and excellence from all employees.

The company itself is a great place for contracted work.

Current Employee - Trainer  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Trainer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at TEKsystems as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

The company and benefits are excellent for contractual employees.

Cons

The recruiters in the Charlotte office are not helpful and did not follow through on promises

Monitor performance of recruiting staff more closely

helpdesk

I worked at TEKsystems as a contractor

Pros

Secure job, office culture is good.

Cons

no benefits, no holiday pay

none

Relationship Based Company with excellent growth opportunities.

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at TEKsystems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

TEK has a great culture! It's a work hard, play hard environment and the company does do things to keep you happy! They have an annual "contest" for those that hit their goals with a good bonus structure and incentive trip to Cancun annually. They will hire those with little/no experience with the right attitude and competitive background. The President understands the roles within the company because he started in the same roles that a new hire would do. The company is growing and there are a lot of opportunities in new products and services.

Cons

Long hours, hard to shut off work and go home. Selling Staffing is a difficult product. TEK's product is people, and people can change their mind. In order to be successful, you have to be able to deal with highs and lows of the job. The benefits they offer are expensive (high premiums and deductibles). There are a lot of changes in the compensation structure which are usually not for the better. There is a big push for "sacrifice" for the greater good mentality and a lot of changes creating a very silo'd organization and dissections of territories.

The constant push for activity and micro-management is exhausting.

Very satisfied

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at TEKsystems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary is on the higher end. Staff and accont managers have been very helpful with onboarding.

Cons

As with most contracts no one really has your back, the customer will always be right, even if they are not. They can delay and delay and then use the PM or staff as scapegoats. This is life as a contractor. This has only happened once and once was enough however, TEKsystems did find another and much better position for me. So not too much of a Con..

Perhaps a litle more training and empowerment to all of the young HR and recruiting staff you are bringing in, they are not as confident in their direction or decisions as they should be but they have all been friendly and as helpful as they can be.

Also, rather than constantly calling my job references over and over again for each contract, why not refer to the record of Job history confirmation and reference which should already be in my file? Do we really need to confirm each time and every few months for a new contract for the last 10 years of references and employment? Criminal I understand.

Fantastic employer....abysmally poor benefits

Current Employee - Business/Data Analyst  in  Frankfort, KY
    Current Employee - Business/Data Analyst in Frankfort, KY

I have been working at TEKsystems as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

I've been with TEKsystems as a business analyst for 13 months placed with KY's Commonwealth Office of Technology. The Louisville, KY, office is staffed with professionals who are pleasant and helpful. They do care for their contractors and have an extremely favorable reputation with the state.

If you can deal with the 'Cons' listed below, TEKsystems is the best firm to get you placed with the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Most of their people have been with the state for years.

NOTE: concerning my rating for "Compensation & Benefits": the neutral score is based on benefits...not compensation.

Cons

The benefits...the benefits...the benefits. Nothing is standard: if you want paid holidays or PTO, you have to come down in salary. Their health insurance is the issue for me. I need good coverage that doesn't cost 1/4th of my monthly gross salary.

I will be leaving them next month; not because I want to, but I lose my health insurance coverage from an previous employer at the end of August.

Strongly urge you to re-think your benefit package. In today's world of health insurance law, you MUST do better to keep good people.

Worked for TEKsystems? Contribute to the Community!