TEKsystems

TEKsystems Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

TEKsystems President Keith Bozeman

Keith Bozeman

Pros
  • Excellent clients and the account managers understands the client needs and the quality recruiters (in 31 reviews)

• Great People - company cares about your personal well being - a lot of out of office events (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes work/life balance can be an issue for people in sales/recruiting as 50 hour work weeks are the norm (in 53 reviews)

• You are required to work very long hours (7:30-6:00) and if you leave early then you get hazed for it (in 40 reviews)

More Highlights

I started out as a recruiter and currently in the Account Manager role. I have been with the company for 10+ years.

Account Manager (Current Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsThe people I work with in the office and in the field are the best thing. I meet some amazing people that make IT move to business forward and fortunate enough to help. My company is great and we truly strive to serve others in everything. We of course make a profit, but they require us to do it the right way. We are not allowed to cut corners or drop our quality process with our clients and consultants. The hours can be long, but the rewards are great and you are putting the hours in with great people that make the time go by. Compensation is good but it has to be earned.

ConsSome of what we do becomes overwhelming with busy work. We seem to have quite a bit of redundant task and busy work that keep us from doing what is important at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not forget that most clients buy because of the AM and we need to spend more time with them instead of in the office doing busy work. There needs to be more towards our retirement and especially benefits. Especially our consultant benefits need to be improved more than anything.

Interesting

Recruiter (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsEveryone was very helpful and nice and wanted each other to succeed. I enjoyed meeting every single one of them. Management was friendly as well.

ConsSmall office space for such an important company a lot going on in one room with really no privacy. Long hours but are worth it.

Sr. Business Analyst

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsVery good experience with this company

ConsHealth plans expensive, no other cons

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good employer for contract positions

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Frankfort, KY

ProsLouisville, KY: Been with them for a year. Staff are truly interested in your career. I have a great placement; this company is a reliable partner with Kentucky's state government.

ConsIt is contractor status. TekSystems offer poor benefits with health insurance being disastrously expensive for poor coverage.

Great place

Contract ETL Developer (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsThe recruiters maintain good contact with consultants and reward them free lunches every so often. They do have a good client base.

ConsLack of training. Need to conduct workshops and offer training to employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up your current policy of interacting closely with consultants. Conduct workshops and upgrade people's skills so that you can market them easily.

They work to get you working, in tech.

Implementation Field Engineer (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsI had great experiences with TEKsytems. They were very professionally staffed, well trained and communicated quickly and effectively to any and all needs I would have while on a job site. My recruiter was always on top of her game. They did a very good job at getting me working in my desired fields within Wireless technology and implementation. They also pushed to get me the monetary requirements I desired.

ConsOnly problem I encountered was being placed with a group of four guys for a project, and one was a 'bad apple'. His behavior and attitude had us all dismissed within the first two days. It was an embarrassing experience, myself and two others were working hard and doing our jobs, yet we were let go. (TEKSystems did do a decent job of making sure that wouldn't happen again. They found me more work quickly).

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen picking people for jobs, remember a knucklehead is always a knucklehead and a performer is always a performer.

attentive staff

IT Consultant (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosstaff members keep you posted on job opportunities

Conslow rate of pay phr

Advice to Senior Managementrecruiters need to adovocate better for their consultants

Work hard, play harder

Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsI have grown both personally and professionally since starting my career at TEKsystems. The mentorship and coaching received from leadership, my director, and account manager is amazing. I have learned how to have tough conversations with anyone since this is a feedback (good or bad) friendly environment. Great opportunity for growth and excellent training. You arent going to be fired because you didn't hit a number for the week- quality>quantity.

On the culture side- my office is amazing. I love coming to work because of the people I work with- I have made life long friends here. Dynamic and fun culture and competitive environment.

ConsComission structure and occassional long hours

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensation should compete with the Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Twitter type companies so turnover isn't so high.

Excellent

ProsProfessional and personable staff, highly responsive to requests
    Pay accurately and on time
    Good access too training, professional librarary

Consfocus on labor aug, no professional practices, some managed service offerings.

Great people, too much process

ProsGreat people to work with internally. Focus on the relationship between the account manager/recruiter, team mentality, commitment, and help people grow personally and professionally.

ConsThey haven't increased the base salary in 10 years. Created "sunset spread" to reduce the commission pay in hope to increase the # of placements for recruiters. Long hours. Over complicate the recruiting process.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the base and pay your CSAs more.

Worked for TEKsystems? Contribute to the Community!