TEKsystems Reviews

Reset
3.3
TEKsystems President Keith Bozeman
Keith Bozeman

Pros
  • The account managers are very supportive (in 33 reviews)

• Great people to work with internally (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • No work-life balance if you are in shifts (in 60 reviews)

• Long Hours can definitely be stressful (in 48 reviews)

1. TEKsystems is a great place to work

Current Employee - Director, National Recruiting Center in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Director, National Recruiting Center in San Jose, CA

I have been working at TEKsystems

Pros

The people and the opportunity are the best things about TEKsystems. The people that we hire have very strong character and are some of the most solid people I have ever met and worked with. The opportunity at TEKsystems, in my mind, is second to none. I have had the opportunity to do things at TEKsystems that I do not see any of my friends having the opportunity to do. I have see the advancement opportunities at TEK to be plentiful. I honestly believe that if you work hard and do a great job, you will be considered for advancement.

Cons

Hard work requires time and dedication. A lot of times people will feel like there is no work life balance, but it is usually due to the fact that their own personality is what is making them work longer hours. The types of people we hire are very driven and will do what it takes to get the job done, but will usually make the wrong assumptions about being able to take time off.

Advice to Management

I would recommend that we continue to hire the best people out there and continue to focus on training them. I would also recommend that we focus on knowledge retention programs, training reinforcement, continuing education type programs to ensure that people are retaining what they learn.

2. Love TEKsystems!

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in San Jose, CA

I have been working at TEKsystems

Pros

Great atmosphere. People actually enjoy coming here everyday. A great group of people makes the day go by much faster. Most people who work here build life long friendships. Also, most people who leave often regret it because no other company has a uniquely strong and positive environment like TEKsystems. We work with most of the fortune 100 (98) so there is a lot of opportunity to network outside of your job. The money is pretty good also if you are a hard worker.

Cons

The work is never ending. We are very busy, its hard to take time to breathe. We have a lot processes which are great, but sometimes slow down the recruiting process. Flexibility would be nice.

Advice to Management

We need to hire more quality people. We definitely to see more diversity in the company at the national and upper management level.

3. A great place to work

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter

I have been working at TEKsystems

Pros

The people are great. It is a great place to work and there are a lot of opportunities for growth if you are interested and work toward it. The pay can be very good and within a few years you will be doing very well for yourself if you can handle the bumps in the road.

Cons

It is a constant roller coaster. It is the same way with any job where you have to depend on other people. You just have to even it out, you can't get too high or too low.

Advice to Management

keep it up

5. Positive review for a company equally as beneficial to entry level and senior workers.

Current Employee - IT Technician in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - IT Technician in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at TEKsystems

Pros

As a young professional still in college and seeking professional entry-level work, I couldn't have asked for a better company than TEKSystems. Recommended to me through a friend of a friend, I was treated as an equal, even without much prior work experience (although I do have a nice academic record.) I am only part time, but the pay is better than I'd expected, I'm praised for quality work, am constantly asked about when I'll graduate so that I can receive better jobs, etc. It's very nice to walk into a business, admittedly frightened at the prospect of working in a professional atmosphere for the first time, and being treated very, very well.

Cons

As I am still in school, projects can sometimes be hard to come by. The reason for this is that projects usually consist of standard 8-hour work days; the "part-time" description is only that the projects may only be a few days/weeks long. Because of this, it can sometimes be difficult to work around my class schedule, although they do try to find me work whenever I tell them I can, even if it is short notice. Additionally, the benefits package is only active during your work contract. This is expected, but I might as well post it so that it's not a surprise to anyone not expecting it.

Advice to Management

The company has been good to me, and I have no real complaints. My only advice would be to try and limit the recruiters in-field activity. Some recruiters have accompanied people onto the job site, and have caused more problems than anything.

BEST STAFFING COMPANY

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Melville, NY

I have been working at TEKsystems

Pros

People, rewarding, growth, culture, commission (once you break a certain point). we treat consultants like friends and take a genuine invested interest in helping them get a job. Despite finding individual jobs for people, it is difficult to navigate EVERYONES career you work with, but those that understand the importance of networking (even when they are perm somewhere) open to you, think of you for referrals/leads, you will find yourself helping them more and more often, calling them first wiht the job. give a little to get a little.... Ofcourse not everyone realizes this because many recruiters out there are like vultures and fly through candidates like abird through a swarm of flies. overall great company, people, mgt, opportunity etc.

Cons

yes the work/life balance takes a toll, but anyone who complains about work/life balanace has not worked in sales before. if you dont like this, then this job isnt for you and you will not suceed. This doesnt make the company bad, in any sales company people will chose to stay late those who dont make less commision. in this company your given tons of training, tools, help and guidance (your director even VP takes an invested interest- our VP brings Recruiters to lunch and sits down wtih them to help them find new ways to Recruit) but if you dont match that input of work that others are investing in you, you will not last long here. Long hours pay off, people that sneak out at 5pm wont have what it takes. As your career advances at TEK,you gain more control over hours worked as you are more established and need less work producing, leads and referrals. They will start to come to you easier once you have built a name for yourself. you will also be more encourged in taking days off. It takes hard work to reach that point, and a large part of this generation thinks they can just skip to the top of the ladder! I highly doubt any other staffing company would be this supprting, patient and rewarding, possibly those who dont favor this are not cut out for staffing, period!! Those who put the LONG HARD work in the begining will reap the long term benefits, rewards and perks (quartly bonuses, yearly and accrued and performace, earned vaca days, increased respect,- and this is just at the 2nd highest up position) also.... can we say CANCUN ???

Advice to Management

keep being supportive, encourging, -try coming up with better incentives to push initiatives and more specific to offices... the current ones a difficult to reach in smaller offices.

7. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at TEKsystems

Pros

Great ethical and moral values, care about the people, put equal focus on providing the best service to the clients and the consultants. Good internal compensation for top performers, overall a great company to work for. People are giving many chances to succeed, unlike most sales environments, if you are not succeeding you are automatically fired, you are given the time and training and encouragement to try to improve. Sometimes this is almost a weakness because people who are not performing at the top levels may be kep around longer than they should be in a sales organization. Great people internally to work with.

Cons

The Micromanagement is too much at times.

Advice to Management

Less micromanagement.

TEKsystems is a good place to work.

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at TEKsystems

Pros

The overall culture and workplace environment was very condusive to a positive atmosphere, it made getting up for work easy. The opportunity for success is high if the business is there.

Cons

Being tied to one or maybe two accounts made it tough to succed if the accounts were not doing well themselves. No matter how hard you worked or how much activity you had you were stuck if they where not buying. At times the work life balance was diffucult to achieve due to the time you were asked to be at the office, even when times didn't warrant it.

Advice to Management

I believe the direction the company is going is a good one.

9. Recruited; Respected at workplace

Current Employee - Network Administrator in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Network Administrator in Detroit, MI

I have been working at TEKsystems

Pros

Superiors and colleagues respect eachother; there's no backstabbing; you can be sure that your representative will do everything in their power to answer your needs as much as possible (within limits). I've been subcontracted to another company, and the work ethics are just fenomenal.

Cons

I'm on a contract basis.

Advice to Management

None. So far, at least with me, you guys are doing a great job!

10. Recruiter

Current Employee - Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I have been working at TEKsystems

Pros

Control and direction of your career Management Culture is outstanding Commission Structure

Cons

Medical benefits could be much better Base Salary

Advice to Management

Continue good communication Base salary needs to be assessed

11. TEKsystems position

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at TEKsystems

Pros

Good Salary and a lot of job opportunities as contractor

Cons

don't have bench if you finish a project and don't get any other

Advice to Management

so far so good and looking forward to have more contracts with the company

Showing 985 of 1,334 reviews