TEKsystems

3.3
1,036 Reviews

TEKsystems President Keith Bozeman
Keith Bozeman

Pros
  • Descent pay, Supportive Account Managers, Helpful Team of Recruiters and AA's (in 33 reviews)

• Great People - company cares about your personal well being - a lot of out of office events (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is very minimal, it is not uncommon to work 7:30-6:00 4-5 days per week (in 60 reviews)

• Long hours, typical sales roles cons, there can be some office politics but not much (in 48 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Company

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at TEKsystems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

TEK was a great place to work.
    Very young work environment that was always fun.
    Work hard play hard, you could make great money (especially for a college grad).
    Ability to move up in the company based upon the amount of work you put in.

Cons

There were a lot of times where you are being micromanaged to the point that you could not do your job.
    There is a big disconnect from the upper management.
    Not an 8-5 job. You were looked down upon by the Director if you left at 5pm.

Stop being so focused on process and be more flexible.

TEKsystems - Good vendor company for this contractor!

I worked at TEKsystems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great people, benefits, infrastructure (time keeping expense reporting) and communication. Recruiters and consultant mangers try to stay on top of changes and opportunities.

Cons

No compensation between work assignments (must file for UI) . Not always in the know with what customers future plans are.

The working environment with co-workers is very suitable, great people and a great atmosphere.

Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Hanover, MD
    Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Hanover, MD

I have been working at TEKsystems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The team mentality and open communication are two things I like the most.

Cons

The expectations continue to rise, but compensation stays the same. Essentially more and more work for the same return.

Continue to accept feedback, and challenge those who do not give it

A company who works for you

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Oak Park, IL
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Oak Park, IL

I have been working at TEKsystems

Pros

Great recruiters. Match contractor to perfect job by aligning skillsets and personality to the job. They care. You feel it! Nonr

Cons

Need to get better handle on when an assignment is ending.

N/A

Quick and Easy to work with

Former Employee - Systems Requirements Engineer in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Systems Requirements Engineer in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at TEKsystems

Pros

High level of communication regarding contracting opportunities.

Cons

As a contractor, there is no paid vacation time off for holidays. If you don't work, you don't get paid.

I enjoy working for TEK

Current Employee - Human Resources in Hanover, MD
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Hanover, MD

I have been working at TEKsystems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The culture is strong and the people are great

Cons

Unless you are in sales or recruiting the compensation is very poor. That pride themselves on paying within the 50 percentile, but their comp analysis do not support the actual work individual do to be accurate. The sales and recruiting teams have been performing well under expectations, making it impossible for anyone who doesn't qualifys for commission (non revenue generating employees) get a raise. The company is also extremely flat, so it is almost impossible to have a defined career path. Where there is a defined path the spots are extremely limited so upwards mobility is next to impossible.

Increase compensation or at least evaluate positions fairly where the comp accurately matches the work accomplished.

Very good staffing agency, make you feel like they are on your side throughout the entire process.

Former Employee - Systems Technician in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Systems Technician in Raleigh, NC

I worked at TEKsystems as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very sharp staff that won't blow smoke about what jobs they are looking for you unless it's actually true.
    Very good at keeping in contact about job prospects and current job engagement.

Cons

Constantly changing account manager, you are never really sure who is managing your contract on their side.

My recruiter cares about me, the pay is fair and always on time, and my contract is leading to full-time soon enough.

Current Employee - Telecommunications Project Coordinator in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Telecommunications Project Coordinator in Dublin, OH

I have been working at TEKsystems as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

They keep in contact with you enough to know what's going on. My recruiter is friendly, pleasant to work with, professional, and asks me questions about not only how my job is going through them but also how my life is in general - at least in my case, I feel like more than a number with TEKsystems. I can even text my recruiter if I need to if I have a quick question. In my experience, they've been very straight-forward and honest throughout the whole process and about contract terms and if there will be an opportunity to get brought on to a full-time job with better benefits and less fear I could get let go..

They respond quickly to my e-mails. They take me out to lunch every once in a while and I get to pick where my recruiter takes me.

Cons

I personally didn't find their benefits to be a great deal whatsoever for what you're really getting coverage wise and they don't go into effect immediately, but there are contractors where I work from other staffing companies that told me they don't even have the option of giving part of their check (albeit unmatched) to a 401K. I wish they could do paid sick days and holidays for me without that having to reduce my hourly rate, but I've learned that's more or less the norm in their business and I'm not complaining. That's about the only major cons.

Nice recruiters like mine who care.

Good people to work with

Current Employee - Project Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at TEKsystems as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

They do make an effort to find you the 'right' opportunity, not just a paycheck....good support mechanisms

Cons

Many times it's a result of supply and demand.....sometimes you have to take what's there

Business Operation Associate

Current Employee - Business Operations Associate
    Current Employee - Business Operations Associate

I have been working at TEKsystems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Experience - This position covers a wide range of skills and develops many new capabilities
    Relationships - Strong team environment, you will be constantly working with others and facing team goals

Cons

Work/Life Balance - The job can be demanding at times, requiring 10+ hours of overtime many weeks
    Salary - This is an entry level job, so the salary is not the highest, but as an hourly position, you can earn overtime