TEKsystems

Updated August 19, 2014

3.3

TEKsystems President Keith Bozeman
Keith Bozeman

Pros
  • Excellent clients and the account managers understands the client needs and the quality recruiters (in 31 reviews)

• Great People - company cares about your personal well being - a lot of out of office events (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes work/life balance can be an issue for people in sales/recruiting as 50 hour work weeks are the norm (in 53 reviews)

• You are required to work very long hours (7:30-6:00) and if you leave early then you get hazed for it (in 40 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company decent pay

Current Employee - Support Analyst II  in  Chapel Hill, NC
    Current Employee - Support Analyst II in Chapel Hill, NC

Pros

Moderate to good pay depending on your specialties

Cons

Nothing negative encountered at this time

Fast, professional.

Pros

Most of the recruiters will really try to find a fit for your skill set instead of just over selling you to get you in. They will have you do an adaptive skill test which is not easy but ensures that you have the skills to do the job. They move quickly in the process.

Cons

Sometimes you talk to several recruiters about the same position.

Great company for contractors

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

Pros

Better clients, better pay. Recruiters are friendly and professional, not sketchy sales types you see at other places. All the gigs they sent me on were at good, solid (i.e. not sketchy) companies.

Cons

I honestly have no complaints about this company. They've been professional and responsive with me for as long as I've been working with them. But even though it's great that they offer any benefits at all -- basic health insurance, personal days -- given the nature of the job, I wish there was one more personal day in the calendar.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people to head hunt jobs for you.

Current Employee - Project Coordinator II  in  Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator II in Des Moines, IA

Pros

Great people, they do everything they can to get you in the door for interviews with companies and facilitate getting you hired.

Cons

Normal Job hunting company, pay is less than you would recieve if you were hired outright.

Keep sharing your positive attitudes, you guys and gals are great to work with.

I started out as a recruiter and currently in the Account Manager role. I have been with the company for 10+ years.

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Greensboro, NC

Pros

The people I work with in the office and in the field are the best thing. I meet some amazing people that make IT move to business forward and fortunate enough to help. My company is great and we truly strive to serve others in everything. We of course make a profit, but they require us to do it the right way. We are not allowed to cut corners or drop our quality process with our clients and consultants. The hours can be long, but the rewards are great and you are putting the hours in with great people that make the time go by. Compensation is good but it has to be earned.

Cons

Some of what we do becomes overwhelming with busy work. We seem to have quite a bit of redundant task and busy work that keep us from doing what is important at times.

Do not forget that most clients buy because of the AM and we need to spend more time with them instead of in the office doing busy work. There needs to be more towards our retirement and especially benefits. Especially our consultant benefits need to be improved more than anything.

Interesting

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Houston, TX

Pros

Everyone was very helpful and nice and wanted each other to succeed. I enjoyed meeting every single one of them. Management was friendly as well.

Cons

Small office space for such an important company a lot going on in one room with really no privacy. Long hours but are worth it.

Sr. Business Analyst

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in New York, NY

Pros

Very good experience with this company

Cons

Health plans expensive, no other cons

Good employer for contract positions

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Frankfort, KY
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Frankfort, KY

Pros

Louisville, KY: Been with them for a year. Staff are truly interested in your career. I have a great placement; this company is a reliable partner with Kentucky's state government.

Cons

It is contractor status. TekSystems offer poor benefits with health insurance being disastrously expensive for poor coverage.

Great place

Current Employee - Contract ETL Developer  in  Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Contract ETL Developer in Irving, TX

Pros

The recruiters maintain good contact with consultants and reward them free lunches every so often. They do have a good client base.

Cons

Lack of training. Need to conduct workshops and offer training to employees.

Keep up your current policy of interacting closely with consultants. Conduct workshops and upgrade people's skills so that you can market them easily.

Learned a lot, tough on working parents

Former Employee - CSS
    Former Employee - CSS

Pros

Good people, opportunity to learn

Cons

Learned the hard way, not always a lot of supervision in HR positions

Worked for TEKsystems? Contribute to the Community!