TEKsystems Reviews in San Jose, CA

Updated August 25, 2014
3.3

TEKsystems President Keith Bozeman
Keith Bozeman

Pros
  • Descent pay, Supportive Account Managers, Helpful Team of Recruiters and AA's (in 32 reviews)

• Work/Life balance (after you have estabilished yourself - expect to work hard the first few years) (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is very minimal, it is not uncommon to work 7:30-6:00 4-5 days per week (in 57 reviews)

• Long hours, typical sales roles cons, there can be some office politics but not much (in 45 reviews)

More Highlights

9 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good office culture

Current Employee - Senior IT Consultant in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior IT Consultant in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at TEKsystems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent salary, good office culture and work- life balance. Company core values are good and I feel employee friendly.

Cons

Have an image of HR consultancy which hurts core technical employees some times. Don't see much of recreation programs for employees

More focus needed on improving employee skills by arranging more training, etc.

The most professional IT Staffing Agency

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at TEKsystems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The professionalism, attention to detail, and follow-thru for TEKsystems account managers and recruiters are unrivaled. Their work ethics are phenomenal and employees always ready to help the job-seekers.

The career paths available are diverse, and many employees becoming "lifers."

Cons

Base-pay is slightly lower than average by industry standards.

For an IT company they were a bit slow to incorporate better tools for the recruiters & account managers.

Prevent corporate poaching of the recruiters/managers by raising compensation.

Agile coach with TekSystems

Former Employee - Agile Coach and Trainer in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Agile Coach and Trainer in San Jose, CA

I worked at TEKsystems as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

My personal representative at TekSystems met me monthly for lunch to touch base and learn how everything was going and answer the questions the onsite wasn't able to.

Cons

The onsite consultant representative was swapped out too many times and it was hard to know who to speak to when I had questions.

Too many forms to fill out at the initial hire, I was concerned given this wasn't a position requiring security clearances and some of the forms were going to dive pretty deep into my background.

Fast paced, competititve

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Jose, CA

I worked at TEKsystems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They really care about their employees and spent a LOT of time on training and development. They will take you out to lunch, and much of your expenses are reimbursed

Cons

grueling, sitting at a desk most of the day during the first year or two as a technical recruiter

Allow beginning recruiters more outside of the office opportunities

Hired hands are what we know

Former Employee - Technical Project Manager in Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Project Manager in Cupertino, CA

I worked at TEKsystems

Pros

Salary is fine. I complained about the lack of a yearly review and got a raise after a year.
    They leave you alone and respond to all HR issues quickly.
    Benefits are adequate

Cons

Plant you and almost forget you
    I only got holiday pay because i stood my ground. Most other don't get it because they didn't know.
    No vacation pay or PTO.
    No real benefits like gym or cell phone coverage.

They just don't get that in every company contractors feel like hired hands or second class citizens. If we were taken care of by Tek, then we wouldn't have that much to complain about..

Solid agency, fair rates, good communication

Former Employee - Internal Communications Specialist/Technical Writer in San Jose, CA

I worked at TEKsystems

Pros

Recruiter was in touch with me regularly, providing feedback from client. Recruiter offered to treat me to lunch every month or so! Client account manager also periodically checked in with me. Communications were good.

Was laid off after three months at client organization due to cost-cutting. TEKsystems did what they could do find me more work, but couldn't... But I would work for them again.

Cons

Tough job market meant TEKsystems couldn't offer me a new opportunity.

Nothing particularly noted.

TEKsystems provides great opportunities for professionals

Current Employee - Program Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at TEKsystems

Pros

There is a good variety of career opportunities available at TEKsystems. They provide online training on many different subjects which enhances career advancement. The staff is very professional, easy to get along with and works hard for their clients. Benefits are provided, including 401k, medical, LTD, STD and life insurance. The staff stays in touch with employees on a weekly basis via email, chat and phone calls.

Cons

Paid holidays must be negotiated when signing the contract. In addition, there is no paid sick leave as the positions are contract placements. The medical, LTD, STD and life insurance benefits that are provided are sub-standard and expensive.

Improve the benefit structure to draw more talent into the pool. Otherwise, continue providing the excellent services that are available today.

Love TEKsystems!

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in San Jose, CA

I have been working at TEKsystems

Pros

Great atmosphere. People actually enjoy coming here everyday. A great group of people makes the day go by much faster. Most people who work here build life long friendships. Also, most people who leave often regret it because no other company has a uniquely strong and positive environment like TEKsystems. We work with most of the fortune 100 (98) so there is a lot of opportunity to network outside of your job. The money is pretty good also if you are a hard worker.

Cons

The work is never ending. We are very busy, its hard to take time to breathe. We have a lot processes which are great, but sometimes slow down the recruiting process. Flexibility would be nice.

We need to hire more quality people. We definitely to see more diversity in the company at the national and upper management level.

TEKsystems is a great place to work

Current Employee - Director, National Recruiting Center in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Director, National Recruiting Center in San Jose, CA

I have been working at TEKsystems

Pros

The people and the opportunity are the best things about TEKsystems. The people that we hire have very strong character and are some of the most solid people I have ever met and worked with. The opportunity at TEKsystems, in my mind, is second to none. I have had the opportunity to do things at TEKsystems that I do not see any of my friends having the opportunity to do. I have see the advancement opportunities at TEK to be plentiful. I honestly believe that if you work hard and do a great job, you will be considered for advancement.

Cons

Hard work requires time and dedication. A lot of times people will feel like there is no work life balance, but it is usually due to the fact that their own personality is what is making them work longer hours. The types of people we hire are very driven and will do what it takes to get the job done, but will usually make the wrong assumptions about being able to take time off.

I would recommend that we continue to hire the best people out there and continue to focus on training them. I would also recommend that we focus on knowledge retention programs, training reinforcement, continuing education type programs to ensure that people are retaining what they learn.