TEKsystems Reviews

Reset
3.4
TEKsystems President Keith Bozeman
Keith Bozeman

Pros
  • The account managers are very supportive (in 33 reviews)

• Great people to work with internally (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • No work-life balance if you are in shifts (in 60 reviews)

• Long Hours can definitely be stressful (in 48 reviews)

1. SEO / SEARCH STRATEGIST

Former Contractor - SEO Professional in San Jose, CA
    Former Contractor - SEO Professional in San Jose, CA

I worked at TEKsystems as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

- They check in with you frequently - Take you to lunch - Everything in terms of pay, health insurance & retirement funds is done quickly and easily - Easy time-card process - Great account manager who provides great reference

Cons

- No paid holiday and vacation days - No automatic annual raises - No career opportunities - No bonus or incentives

Advice to Management

Provide more benefits to your contractors

2. Teksystems

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at TEKsystems (Less than a year)

Pros

Great recruiters and sales people. Great pay and I'm never on the bench for very long. I've developed great relationships over the years with their recruiters and they really try to match my requirements with opportunities rather than just submitting me for anything.

Cons

Their insurance is ridiculously expensive. Purchasing a gold plan on my own cost less than half the amount they are charging for bronze.

Advice to Management

Increase the salary

3. Recruiter

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Cupertino, CA

I worked at TEKsystems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of opportunity to move up. They treat their employees well and recgnize hardwork.

Cons

Could use not HR involvement within their office environment. Very money- status based.

Advice to Management

Spend more time with your recruiters when going over sourcing and what exactly you are looking for.

5. Good office culture

Current Employee - Senior IT Consultant in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior IT Consultant in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at TEKsystems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent salary, good office culture and work- life balance. Company core values are good and I feel employee friendly.

Cons

Have an image of HR consultancy which hurts core technical employees some times. Don't see much of recreation programs for employees

Advice to Management

More focus needed on improving employee skills by arranging more training, etc.

6. The most professional IT Staffing Agency

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at TEKsystems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The professionalism, attention to detail, and follow-thru for TEKsystems account managers and recruiters are unrivaled. Their work ethics are phenomenal and employees always ready to help the job-seekers. The career paths available are diverse, and many employees becoming "lifers."

Cons

Base-pay is slightly lower than average by industry standards. For an IT company they were a bit slow to incorporate better tools for the recruiters & account managers.

Advice to Management

Prevent corporate poaching of the recruiters/managers by raising compensation.

Agile coach with TekSystems

Former Contractor - Agile Coach and Trainer in San Jose, CA
    Former Contractor - Agile Coach and Trainer in San Jose, CA

I worked at TEKsystems as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

My personal representative at TekSystems met me monthly for lunch to touch base and learn how everything was going and answer the questions the onsite wasn't able to.

Cons

The onsite consultant representative was swapped out too many times and it was hard to know who to speak to when I had questions. Too many forms to fill out at the initial hire, I was concerned given this wasn't a position requiring security clearances and some of the forms were going to dive pretty deep into my background.

8. Fast paced, competititve

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Jose, CA

I worked at TEKsystems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They really care about their employees and spent a LOT of time on training and development. They will take you out to lunch, and much of your expenses are reimbursed

Cons

grueling, sitting at a desk most of the day during the first year or two as a technical recruiter

Advice to Management

Allow beginning recruiters more outside of the office opportunities

Hired hands are what we know

Former Employee - Technical Project Manager in Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Project Manager in Cupertino, CA

I worked at TEKsystems

Pros

Salary is fine. I complained about the lack of a yearly review and got a raise after a year. They leave you alone and respond to all HR issues quickly. Benefits are adequate

Cons

Plant you and almost forget you I only got holiday pay because i stood my ground. Most other don't get it because they didn't know. No vacation pay or PTO. No real benefits like gym or cell phone coverage.

Advice to Management

They just don't get that in every company contractors feel like hired hands or second class citizens. If we were taken care of by Tek, then we wouldn't have that much to complain about..

10. Solid agency, fair rates, good communication

Former Employee - Internal Communications Specialist/Technical Writer in San Jose, CA

I worked at TEKsystems

Pros

Recruiter was in touch with me regularly, providing feedback from client. Recruiter offered to treat me to lunch every month or so! Client account manager also periodically checked in with me. Communications were good. Was laid off after three months at client organization due to cost-cutting. TEKsystems did what they could do find me more work, but couldn't... But I would work for them again.

Cons

Tough job market meant TEKsystems couldn't offer me a new opportunity.

Advice to Management

Nothing particularly noted.

11. TEKsystems provides great opportunities for professionals

Current Employee - Program Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at TEKsystems

Pros

There is a good variety of career opportunities available at TEKsystems. They provide online training on many different subjects which enhances career advancement. The staff is very professional, easy to get along with and works hard for their clients. Benefits are provided, including 401k, medical, LTD, STD and life insurance. The staff stays in touch with employees on a weekly basis via email, chat and phone calls.

Cons

Paid holidays must be negotiated when signing the contract. In addition, there is no paid sick leave as the positions are contract placements. The medical, LTD, STD and life insurance benefits that are provided are sub-standard and expensive.

Advice to Management

Improve the benefit structure to draw more talent into the pool. Otherwise, continue providing the excellent services that are available today.

Showing 12 of 1,324 reviews