TEKsystems

3.3
1,036 Reviews

TEKsystems President Keith Bozeman
Keith Bozeman

Pros
  • Descent pay, Supportive Account Managers, Helpful Team of Recruiters and AA's (in 33 reviews)

• Great People - company cares about your personal well being - a lot of out of office events (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is very minimal, it is not uncommon to work 7:30-6:00 4-5 days per week (in 60 reviews)

• Long hours, typical sales roles cons, there can be some office politics but not much (in 48 reviews)

More Highlights

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

My review

Former Employee - Trainer in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Trainer in Washington, DC

I worked at TEKsystems as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Some of your recruiters are awesome, some are average.

Cons

Some of your recruiters don't follow through.

It was okay, don't feel either way about it

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Washington, DC

I have been working at TEKsystems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great working environment, high paced, positive

Cons

long hours, very rigorous, intense

Fulfilling work for those who are competitive and enjoy coaching others!!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at TEKsystems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people who work here are just incredible. They are people who really care about you and your success. We are competitive but not to the detriment of others. There's also a ton of opportunity for growth not just within our company but also within one of our other Operating Companies.

Cons

When you are consistently the leading company in your industry it's really difficult to stay there year after year. Therefore work/life balance is often non-existent.

Continue to listen to the feedback from employees at all levels. We are a "promote from within" organization and therefore most of the people at the top haven't been in recruiting or account management jobs for many years.

Good Company for contract work, but terrible customer relations with employee and trying intimidation tactics.

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at TEKsystems full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Slary ok but need to negotiate stongly.

Cons

No Benefits, below than average pay for industry standards

Hire professional representatives that treat other professionally and not trying intimidation tactics for reducing pay and or terminate employment.

Tons of Jobs...Very little Support

Current Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at TEKsystems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Lots of jobs, weekly and prompt pay.

Cons

Low wages, value the client to the absolute detriment of the contractor, they won't even talk to you about other opportunities when you are on an ongoing project. Terrible benefits, no sick time or vacation. poor support and training.

Invest just a little bit in your employees. Learn the definition of Morale.

Good and Bad

Former Employee - IT Security Engineer in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - IT Security Engineer in Washington, DC

I worked at TEKsystems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people I worked directly with were awesome! They were very supportive on a VERY difficult contract. They have monthly happy hours and when I had problems were very apologetic. The company is trying to go from being a staffing firm to a permanent technical company.

Cons

Worst benefits ever for a full time permanent employee! Below average pay. I'm sure the company is making money off employees from the health insurance and other benefits because they are so expensive. For every claim, I had to show proof of prior insurance for the last 1 1/2 years.
    I was laid off - called at 9 pm and told not to report to work the next day. Was given no reason for the lay off but told it was not for cause. When I applied for unemployment, Teksystems challenged the claim saying I was laid off for cause. I challenged Teksystems, the unemployment commission person said Teksystems regularly challenges unemployment claims and that they provided no further information so I got the unemployment. Hope I never work for them again!

There is a reason Teksystems cannot find and keep qualified personnel. The pay and benefits are too crummy!

No holidays, sick leave, vacation or benefits included

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at TEKsystems

Pros

The front line management are great. Very available, and receptive. The salary would be good if they paid for holidays, any time off or benefits. Project is great.

Cons

Teksystems initial salary offer does not include ANY days off, or benefits. They don't tell you this when they make an offer. I found out after the fact when I was signing the contract - after I had turned down other companies. No holidays, sick leave, vacation or benefits - all are paid for by employee separately. The benefits they offer are very expensive, and the bottom rung.

All of us here can't wait for Teksystems to lose the contract - but according to the confidentiality agreement, we can't work for ANY company at this agency for 6 months after we leave Teksystems - even if they lay off.

I am repeatedly by Teksystems asked to refer people to your company and I can't. The crummy benefits, bait and switch contract and the confidentiality agreement is just wrong.