TELACU Reviews

Updated August 1, 2014
Updated August 1, 2014
1.8

David Lizarraga

Property supervisor are over worked, they have 10 - 13 properties that they must take care, so they can not support us .

Former Employee - Resident Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Resident Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at TELACU full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The Affordable Housing Management Seminars. And other trainings that we must attend.

Cons

We need assistance with our files. It is a lot of work the move-in draw the move out draw. The move in and move-out paper work. And do not forget the storage room with the move-out files that must be destroyed after 3 years. The weekly Occupancy and Friday update report. Greeting vendors and prospective residents and showing them the property. And special projects like the utility bill project. Upper management do not get upset with us help us.

Listen to the resident manager, just do not listen to the social service. The resident do not always tell the truth they are old and have mental issues.

Worse Employer.

Former Employee - Residential Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Residential Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at TELACU full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are no pros for this company.

Cons

Overworked and underpaid; unapprecation; favoritism; cheap with their employees.

TELACU is one of the worse companies if not in the USA, then in California! They overworked and underpay their staff; treat them like slaves; don't show nor do they have ethics. Is one of the worse management departments a company can have.

NEPOTISM and FAVORITISM

Former Employee - Residential Manager in San Bernardino, CA
    Former Employee - Residential Manager in San Bernardino, CA

I worked at TELACU full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Most of the residents are very thankful for being in low income housing and make it a pleasure to come to work each day.

Cons

There are daughters working under fathers, sons working under mothers, etc. Favoritism runs rapid. Head management puts too much power in the Regional Property Supervisors hands. They do not investigate rumors or allegations which will get them into legal trouble. Pay is Horrible, you are on-call all the time and they do not show any appreciation for your hard work. If you are not related to management, you will NOT advance!

CEO has never responded to any complaints, he just forwards them to the leadership and managers who the complaints are about, causing retaliation. Listen to your managers, they know what is really going on! Supervise your Regional staff!!!!!!

Might want to give promotions based on productions

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at TELACU

Pros

Great potential growth and advancement opportunities

Cons

As a non-for profit entity, pay could be an issue

none