TELCOR Reviews

Updated July 18, 2014
Updated July 18, 2014

4.1

Jim Terrano

Best job, environment, and people!!!

I have been working at TELCOR full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've had some pretty awful jobs in the past and know what it's like to work in a hostile environment - this is NOT one of them. The people here are just awesome, in every single department. The company & executives are determined to keep their employees happy. I've never received so much praise & constructive criticism, rather than negative focus or put downs. I strive to do the best for my employer because I know they care about me.

Cons

Since we're growing so much, it's hard to know every single employee.

Always strive to improve yourself as well as your department - that's how a company succeeds! Continue caring for your employees and showing respect to everyone. That's what makes this company so great!

Amazing place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at TELCOR full-time

Pros

This is the first place I have worked that makes me feel like I truly matter. I have never worked anywhere where I have received more positive feedback than constructive criticism. I feel like my supervisor is constantly going out of her way to make sure I know she appreciates everything I do.

The dress code is amazing - there really isn't one. TELCOR provides Yoga for us during work hours twice a week, we have great benefits (matching 401k, HSA contribution, gym membership reimbursement, great health plan). I feel the compensation is very competitive.

I have never been happier and hope I never have to leave.

Cons

I honestly can't come up with any cons off the top of my head.

Keep on doing what you're doing as the company continues to grow and the employees will remain thankful and working hard for you.

NOT FOR ME

I worked at TELCOR full-time

Pros

Casual work environment. Competitive salary.

Cons

Depending on the department you work in your experience may be different. I know that mine was not as good as others have stated, but know of people that feel good about working there and in the other departments. Hours were not very flexible had to be there and could not flex time, and had to take and hour lunch. Process not followed by those that felt they are superior, causing more work and wasted time and money. I never felt like I fit in, because I was not a ego tipper, or was mega into exercising. Definitely was told to watch what you say because people have been fired for little things.

Leadership training and employee improvement training are needed!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The positive reviews are planted by marketing or relative - negative reviews are true

I have been working at TELCOR full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

they do offer a good benefit package

Cons

in addition to the other negative comments on this site (all true), employees receive no direction to accomplish tasks, documentation control is a joke, the employee must learn to keep head down, mouth shut, and take all blame

upper management needs to wake up and address the long time employees causing the difficulties

Great Company, Great Job!

I have been working at TELCOR full-time

Pros

Having worked for a larger company, I was attracted to TELCOR because of the size of the company. I didn't want to just "be a number" and I wanted to have a personal stake in the company and its success. I definitely feel that I'm part of a team here at TELCOR and that we are all working together. A lot is expected from the employees here and I appreciate the challenge. Our customers are very happy with the service that they receive from TELCOR and I believe that stems from the fact that we are all working together and that everyone here truly cares about the company and the job they perform.

Benefits and salary are very competitive and I appreciate the reimbursement for gym membership and the other wellness program activities.

Very high quality people working here, both from a personal and technical level.

Cons

While the offices and environment are excellent, it would be great to have a little flexibility to work from home occasionally. Even a day or two a month would sometimes be helpful.

Work to maintain the great culture that you've established as the company continues to grow

I enjoy coming to work and I love the people I work with!

Current Employee - Administration  in  Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Administration in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at TELCOR full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Some of the best things about working here are:
    -Receiving consistent, frequent feedback, encouragement, and opportunities for engagement
    -The leaders and a great deal of coworkers are passionate about what they and the company do
    -Acknowledgement and praise for a job done well
    -Casual and open atmosphere

Cons

Work-life balance is difficult to achieve but that has more to do with my personality than any directive or company/management pressure

I would like to see more training opportunities available to all employees (either voluntary or mandatory depending upon the individual) to increase proficiency throughout all levels of the company with regard to writing skills and third party software products.

the best employer I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at TELCOR full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I can not state enough how much I appreciate the type of employer TELCOR is. They are professional, caring, business-driven people who put integrity and valuing their customers and employees above all other things. Aside from the outstanding benefits, the work environment is unlike any I have ever worked for...the entire team is helpful, caring and go out of your way to not only help but to make you feel valued.

Cons

I can only say I wish I would have found TELCOR several years ago.

Continue to grow a culture with care, integrity and custom service as the focus; it's working great!

Exciting, challenging, and high-level technical environment! Company focused on continual growth!

Current Employee - Technical  in  Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Technical in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at TELCOR full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Open environment allows interaction between teams. Extremely intelligent, talented and hardworking people! We work hard to put out a quality product and meet deadlines (late night emails will be answered from the bottom up - expect to get a response from your VP at 02:00) - but we counter the stress levels with humor. We enjoy downtime with each other during company parties, lunchtime socials (e.g. Husker barbecues), and FACs.

All personnel are held at standards to operate on a high level. Executive management continually reviews process and protocol to improve the company and personnel. Hierarchy allows interaction with the executives that built the company - can be intimidating to discuss new ideas with the founders - but if you take a step back and listen - you will learn something...

A response to the past reviews indicating nepotism within this family-owned business. The definition of nepotism is "favoritism shown to relatives..by those with power or influence". My VP is the son of the President and he is held at a higher standard than all of us. He has to prove to the Executives, staff, and customers that he deserves his position - which there is no doubt of his high-level technical expertise, intelligence, and management ability.

This company continues to grow every year and all personnel are rewarded and recognized as a contributing factor to this growth. Outstanding company for female professionals!

Cons

We move very quickly, and therefore have to constantly adjust our focus. This can be a difficult concept for people who want a 9-5 environment. This is not a 9-5 company... Our leadership stresses the benefits of protocol to assist with the ever changing environment.

Continue to mentor your managers and expect them to do the same with their direct reports.

Glad to be a TELCORite

Current Employee - Sales  in  Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Sales in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at TELCOR full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have had the good fortune to work at TELCOR for many years. My experience with TELCOR and its executives reflects mutual loyalty and respect between employee and employer that isn't often seen today. The executives exemplify the work ethic that they expect from others. No one is asked to do more than they do. I have found them to be extremely supportive and understanding when family matters require attention.

The passionate attitude throughout TELCOR results in the highest customer satisfaction in the industry. It is a privilege to be in the field and to hear the compliments directed at our employees and service. We are that company that actually listens to the customer.

Along with the high expectations, there are high rewards in the form of compensation, benefits and personal growth. Through the Wellness Program, physical and mental fitness is encouraged and accessible.

TELCOR is a collection of unique people who come together as a team. The team's passion can make things spirited, but ultimately this results in better products and services. I'm glad to be a part of it.

Cons

No on-site showers.

An annual business meeting with employees only would be welcomed.

Poor work environment

I worked at TELCOR full-time

Pros

Competitive Salaries, not alot of other options if you live in Lincoln

Cons

Family owned business, no career advancement opportunities, you have to be very careful about what you say while your in the office, enmployees are not valued and treated very poorly

Most of the postive reviews on this site where mandated and audited by senior leadership, employees are afraid to speak up and or not comply with leaderships request to fill out positive reviews

Do a serious evaluation of the work enviorment and make changes even if what you learn is painful, enroll in leadership training classes particularly concerning team building

Worked for TELCOR? Contribute to the Community!