TELCOR

Add Photos

Jim Terrano

Amazing place to work!

Lincoln, NE

ProsThis is the first place I have worked that makes me feel like I truly matter. I have never worked anywhere where I have received more positive feedback than constructive criticism. I feel like my supervisor is constantly going out of her way to make sure I know she appreciates everything I do.

The dress code is amazing - there really isn't one. TELCOR provides Yoga for us during work hours twice a week, we have great benefits (matching 401k, HSA contribution, gym membership reimbursement, great health plan). I feel the compensation is very competitive.

I have never been happier and hope I never have to leave.

ConsI honestly can't come up with any cons off the top of my head.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on doing what you're doing as the company continues to grow and the employees will remain thankful and working hard for you.

Great Company, Great Job!

ProsHaving worked for a larger company, I was attracted to TELCOR because of the size of the company. I didn't want to just "be a number" and I wanted to have a personal stake in the company and its success. I definitely feel that I'm part of a team here at TELCOR and that we are all working together. A lot is expected from the employees here and I appreciate the challenge. Our customers are very happy with the service that they receive from TELCOR and I believe that stems from the fact that we are all working together and that everyone here truly cares about the company and the job they perform.

Benefits and salary are very competitive and I appreciate the reimbursement for gym membership and the other wellness program activities.

Very high quality people working here, both from a personal and technical level.

ConsWhile the offices and environment are excellent, it would be great to have a little flexibility to work from home occasionally. Even a day or two a month would sometimes be helpful.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork to maintain the great culture that you've established as the company continues to grow

Glad to be a TELCORite

Sales (Current Employee)
    Lincoln, NE

ProsI have had the good fortune to work at TELCOR for many years. My experience with TELCOR and its executives reflects mutual loyalty and respect between employee and employer that isn't often seen today. The executives exemplify the work ethic that they expect from others. No one is asked to do more than they do. I have found them to be extremely supportive and understanding when family matters require attention.

The passionate attitude throughout TELCOR results in the highest customer satisfaction in the industry. It is a privilege to be in the field and to hear the compliments directed at our employees and service. We are that company that actually listens to the customer.

Along with the high expectations, there are high rewards in the form of compensation, benefits and personal growth. Through the Wellness Program, physical and mental fitness is encouraged and accessible.

TELCOR is a collection of unique people who come together as a team. The team's passion can make things spirited, but ultimately this results in better products and services. I'm glad to be a part of it.

ConsNo on-site showers.

Advice to Senior ManagementAn annual business meeting with employees only would be welcomed.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Work Hard and Get Rewarded

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Lincoln, NE

ProsI worked for a Fortune 500 company in sales for 7 years previous to TELCOR. I went to sales training, workshops, mentoring programs and internal sales meetings ad nauseam. I learned more in one month about sales at TELCOR, then I did my entire time at the other company.

The Owners, C-Level, SVP's and management are very interested in you becoming the best you can be. They want you to grow and prosper at this company and the only way you can do that is to challenge yourself and learn from their and your experiences. If you are honest with your work ethic and challenge yourself to be the best, you are recognized for it and rewarded.

They don't accept that a process or procedure is perfect . Everything is evolving and needs reevaluation. They constantly review strategy and protocol in order to change with the times as well as learn from what works and what doesn't. Our customers benefit from that because our solution changes with the times and needs to. Refreshing to say the least.

As an aside, this is the most diverse work environment I have ever been in.

ConsIf you don't believe in challenging yourself or you expect mediocrity in a job, this place is not for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep rewarding your employees for their efforts. Keep mentoring your teams.

I enjoy coming to work and I love the people I work with!

Administration (Current Employee)
    Lincoln, NE

ProsSome of the best things about working here are:
    -Receiving consistent, frequent feedback, encouragement, and opportunities for engagement
    -The leaders and a great deal of coworkers are passionate about what they and the company do
    -Acknowledgement and praise for a job done well
    -Casual and open atmosphere

ConsWork-life balance is difficult to achieve but that has more to do with my personality than any directive or company/management pressure

Advice to Senior ManagementI would like to see more training opportunities available to all employees (either voluntary or mandatory depending upon the individual) to increase proficiency throughout all levels of the company with regard to writing skills and third party software products.

the best employer I have ever worked for

Lincoln, NE

ProsI can not state enough how much I appreciate the type of employer TELCOR is. They are professional, caring, business-driven people who put integrity and valuing their customers and employees above all other things. Aside from the outstanding benefits, the work environment is unlike any I have ever worked for...the entire team is helpful, caring and go out of your way to not only help but to make you feel valued.

ConsI can only say I wish I would have found TELCOR several years ago.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to grow a culture with care, integrity and custom service as the focus; it's working great!

Exciting, challenging, and high-level technical environment! Company focused on continual growth!

Technical (Current Employee)
    Lincoln, NE

ProsOpen environment allows interaction between teams. Extremely intelligent, talented and hardworking people! We work hard to put out a quality product and meet deadlines (late night emails will be answered from the bottom up - expect to get a response from your VP at 02:00) - but we counter the stress levels with humor. We enjoy downtime with each other during company parties, lunchtime socials (e.g. Husker barbecues), and FACs.

All personnel are held at standards to operate on a high level. Executive management continually reviews process and protocol to improve the company and personnel. Hierarchy allows interaction with the executives that built the company - can be intimidating to discuss new ideas with the founders - but if you take a step back and listen - you will learn something...

A response to the past reviews indicating nepotism within this family-owned business. The definition of nepotism is "favoritism shown to relatives..by those with power or influence". My VP is the son of the President and he is held at a higher standard than all of us. He has to prove to the Executives, staff, and customers that he deserves his position - which there is no doubt of his high-level technical expertise, intelligence, and management ability.

This company continues to grow every year and all personnel are rewarded and recognized as a contributing factor to this growth. Outstanding company for female professionals!

ConsWe move very quickly, and therefore have to constantly adjust our focus. This can be a difficult concept for people who want a 9-5 environment. This is not a 9-5 company... Our leadership stresses the benefits of protocol to assist with the ever changing environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to mentor your managers and expect them to do the same with their direct reports.

The positive reviews are planted by marketing or relative - negative reviews are true

Prosthey do offer a good benefit package

Consin addition to the other negative comments on this site (all true), employees receive no direction to accomplish tasks, documentation control is a joke, the employee must learn to keep head down, mouth shut, and take all blame

Advice to Senior Managementupper management needs to wake up and address the long time employees causing the difficulties

Industry leading solution, innovative people, great leadership- Very Rewarding Job!

Employee (Current Employee)
    Lincoln, NE

ProsTalent level and experience across different business units is top notch. Some of the brightest people in implementations, service, IT, QA and sales that I have worked with. The technology is best in industry. Working atmosphere is goal oriented with team problem solving approach; employees ideas are listened to & taken into account. Leadership team believes in transparency, open communication and moving forward with efficiency and strategy.

ConsEveryone must work at the office location when not traveling for business. It would be nice to occasionally work from home, but the ability to share ideas and solve problems quickly is enhanced since all employees are right here. Does promote great team environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementNA

This is the best job I've ever had!

Analyst (Current Employee)
    Lincoln, NE

ProsI love working for TELCOR. After many years in the healthcare arena, I’ve found my home. TELCOR’s executive team is engaged and mentors our team so that everyone has the opportunity to grow professionally. They also believe that culture comes from the top down and in this, they lead by example by being positive, encouraging staff to excel,promoting an environment that focuses on teamwork and healthy lifestyles, and providing excellent compensation and benefits.

I have had the pleasure of working in multiple departments and have been involved in several special projects. There has never been a dull moment here! It is a stimulating environment to be in. As I’ve learned more, my responsibilities have increased, which is what I’ve always sought professionally. I am treated like an adult and am allowed the autonomy to complete my tasks without being micro-managed.

Additionally, our leadership values our lives outside of work. It is important that people take time off to ‘recharge their batteries’. Numerous wellness programs are offered, but also educational opportunities related to personal finance, investing, etc. are offered to employees at no charge. I get to work in a casual environment (with great coffee!) and I am excited to be there each and every day!

ConsContinue to improve internal training and interdepartmental knowledge

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for leading by example, not only professionally but personally. I have been here several years now and continue to learn and grow on every level thanks to our executives and our management team.

Worked for TELCOR? Contribute to the Community!

TELCOR – Why Work for Us?

TELCOR Overview TELCOR Inc is the leader in software solutions for point of care and laboratory billing. Our unique industry experience provides our customers with robust and efficient solutions that match the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TELCOR reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TELCOR CEO Jim Terrano. All 18 reviews posted anonymously by TELCOR employees.