TELUS Mobility

Be The First To
Add Photos

TELUS Mobility President and CEO Darren Entwistle

Darren Entwistle

Pros
  • Good place to work with if you care about the work life balance (in 16 reviews)

• Great Management, talented people and great benefits (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Salary needs to be more competitive (better off to leave & come back to receive market level compensation), work/life balance is minimal at best (in 4 reviews)

• Senior management does not communicate well and there is a lack cohesiveness within the different business units (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights
14 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

It's not your typical Telco.

Project Manager (Former Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsAgile for a big 3
    management ok

Conscorporate ethos
    work in a box

Advice to Senior Management20% freedom to work other areas for experience.

Manager

Manager (Former Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsGreat tools, processes, learning & development, advancement opportunities, work from home flexibility & benefits plan

ConsSalary needs to be more competitive (better off to leave & come back to receive market level compensation), work/life balance is minimal at best

Data Network Associate

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsWell paying job while in school. Management was good and people were friendly.

ConsTough to do long term. Used to be flexible with student schedule but changes made me leave. To get into different roles there seems to be a bit favoritism.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great workplace great environment and great people to work with

Client Loyalty & Retention Specialist (Former Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

Prosgreat pay, flexibility with work you can trade shifts easily not constantly requiring managers permision, amazing people to work with.

Consits a call center environment so offcourse the con would be always being busy as well as dealing with a lot of client abuse

Advice to Senior Managementatleast have the ability to terminate with warning if the call if client is going way out of line

Great job for Students

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsLots of commission can be made, making it an ideal job for students. The amount of work varies from store-to-store, but the amount of income someone makes is very dependent on their ability to sell. this job is a great way to get yourself in the door for sales related jobs

Conslots of repetition and monotonous work, clientele always shoot the messenger when they have mobility problems. The amount of unhappy clientele you have to deal with is very high, even if you were not the representative that made them unhappy, you are expected to fix their problems

Advice to Senior Managementstreamline the process and also ensure that the employees from corporate telus are on the same page as employees in the store. there have been too many times where i have called the employee assistance center, also known as channel care, and they have provided me with wrong information

Great to make quick cash and learn sales skills.

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsGreat pay for amout of work, develop interpersonal skills

ConsStress, a lot of system outages. No social life and no consistent scheduled.

Advice to Senior Managementcreate consistent scheduals

Not a long term choice, unless you are targeting their R&D / Technology business units

Data Network Associate (Current Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsCompetitive pay, great benefits, clear corporate vision and goals, unionized workplace is likely the reason why the schedule and pay structure is so stable and predictable...which is a pro for many.

ConsReally, the job itself was a giant con. I took it and stayed at it because I was working my way through university and needed a steady, low demand job. The job consists of continual abuse from customers and perpetual micro-management from your manager. These drawbacks certainly aren't unique to Telus Mobility (it's the call centre industry as a whole) but they certainly haven't found a way to make a thankless job a little less sucky.

Advice to Senior ManagementI wish I had advice. I don't envy management within customer care operations as I have worked in enough call centres to realize the many challenges they face with convincing unengaged team members so as to avoid explaining why numbers might be bad for upper management.

Brutal work environment!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

Proswage & holidays were ok

Consshift work for most of the depts, union, micromanaged

Marketing manager

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsPositive people environmentand great brand strategy that is recognizable. Lots of human resource program development even if it is not practically applied.

Consknee jerk reactions to market conditions. There is an incumbency culture that invades the morale at this company. There needs to be a small business entrpreneurial spirit that is not there.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed better planning and open management. Need an emphasis on people management rather than monthly scorecard management. There needs to be a small business entrpreneurial spirit that is not there.

Terrible experience.

Customer Service (Former Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsThe compensation wasn't bad. For uneducated people, they aren't going to make any more money anywhere else. The job is fairly challenging but if you're up for it, you can do good.

ConsWhat isn't a downside? Management is very bush league. Their retention plan is to keep promising career development but never give it to you. Finally, I found a better job than the one Telus wasn't even offering me! Smartest thing I ever did. Other than that, the hours sucked, the benefits sucked, and a lot of the employees are overweight union types who have been doing the same job for 20 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a real job, work for a real company. The management in Calgary is basically rejects out of the oil and gas industry.

Worked for TELUS Mobility? Contribute to the Community!