TELUS

TELUS President, CEO, and Director Darren Entwistle

Darren Entwistle

123 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Solid Employer

Business Analyst II (Current Employee)
    Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsThey look after you. Great group to work with and for. Good career progression for those hungry enough.

ConsNone spring immediately to mind

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in your people!

Great Company

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee)
    Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsWorkstyle work from home perk, flexibility, and a lot of internal opportunities available. It is a performance-based company where if you work hard you'll get rewarded.

ConsSalary is only meeting industry standard. Telus isn't willing to invest in systems and tools, and there are a lot of workaround processes or quick-win tools developed to meet the business needs.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in revamping the legacy tools thus eliminating the redundant processes.

Outstanding management, strong technology vision

Services Sales Manager (Current Employee)
    Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsGreat people with a structured management practice that really worked. Able to respond to market trends before they occur and make significant inroads into mobile and TV.

ConsLarge companies have politics, TELUS is no different than other companies. Strict fiscal responsibility sometimes hurt the core business, but experienced managers were able to successfully navigate this.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeek the best people, incent them to keep them, and continue the charge into the future.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Coop Project Management Coordinator

Project Management Coordinator (Current Employee)

ProsGreat work Environment
    Interesting Work
    Lots of ownership opportunities
    Great Support from Team
    Company has great values

ConsThe pay is so-so.
    As an intern you don't get all the awesome benefits.
    The Cafe food gets dull really fast.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, my manager is doing a great job.

Awesome place to work!

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsBest worklife/workstyle company for stafff - even admin can work from home! Colleagues are supportive, friendly and intelligent. Many opportunities for growth and hard work is rewarded.

ConsSalaries are slightly lower than industry

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep workstyles and supporting work life balance

TELUS

Client Care Representative (Current Employee)
    Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Proslove Telus, great benefits that kick in immediately, chance to work at home, yehey no more commuting! GREAT PAY!!!! Starting pay is really way above the others and increases are twice a month. Amazing company culture . Lots opportunity for growth, promotions or just stay where you are.

Consshift work, weekend work, high stress

Excellent company, great training, accountable management, and great opportunities

Installation & Repair of Telecommunications (Former Employee)
    Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsTelus makes sure that you're trained properly, and management is approachable. Hours are decent, and there's always overtime if you want to make money. If you're a hard-working individual that can get along with others in a team environment, then you'll love working for this company. I'm regretting ever leaving this company.

ConsWith all Telecom companies moving towards a more dynamic work force, it seems lay-offs are part-and-parcel of being a Telecom Technician these days (unless you're union). Nothing bad to say about anyone, all-in-all it's a good company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTwo ears, one mouth.

Great work/life balance, low compensation,

IT Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsWork/Life Balance (Working from home flexibility)
    Benefits (Employment stock purchase plan, telus services discounts)
    Positive Culture (People are nice in general)

ConsCompensation (Lower salaries compare to industry average)
    Promotion (Traditional, conservative HR approach for promotions, 2-3 years min requirement for moving up to a higher position etc..)
    Employee satisfaction survey (The calculation formula was changed a few years ago and all the numbers suddenly increased by %15 and the executive leadership is so proud of the new numbers)

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in people as much as you invest in technology

Great management opportunity, lukewarm developer opportunity

Developer Analyst (Current Employee)
    Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsThe company is open to self-driven innovation, although you will likely be doing it on your own time and against opposition until you have numbers to back it up.

ConsThere's a lot of silo-ing which makes it difficult to grow or work with other people. In addition, the developer culture is lacking. TELUS is trying to fix that but doesn't have much idea how to, which is not great to work in but allows for a lot of room to make change.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe root of most problems comes from finances. Someone needs to sit down with that department and work out how we can do our job best without being a slave to CAPEX/OPEX restrictions.

Good salary and benefits

Technology Analyst (Former Employee)
    Burnaby, BC (Canada)

ProsIf you are on a good team and enjoy your job, it is awesome. You work hard for yourself, your team and corporate Telus. You can train and receive education to move up the ranks. You need to be available and prove yourself. Excellent benefits.

ConsIf you have a family who is sick a lot and work doesn't become your priority,watch your back. Co orders over I'll become dissatisfied and the team annoyed with you. If you aren't able to give Telus 120% or don't have an understanding boss and team, find a new job.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about all your workers and mental health. Often teams are offside, and upper management really has no clue what is happening in personal lives of employees. When an employee tells you something personal like a parent died or family is ill, don't use it against employee, offer to talk to them or offer solutions.

Worked for TELUS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TELUS reviews and ratings in Vancouver, BC — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TELUS CEO Darren Entwistle. All 123 reviews posted anonymously by TELUS employees.