TERRA Staffing Group

Betty Neighbors

I love my job!

Management (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsEncouraged to grow and learn.
    Lots of training and development.
    Company is a leader in the industry and one I'm proud to be associated with.
    Family feel, every seems to genuinely care about each other.
    Pay based on performance so I feel like my earning potential is really in my own hands.
    Total accountability at all levels of the organization.
    Lots of recognition and rewards.
    Lots of feedback from management. Regular 1/1 development meetings. Great culture for high-performers but not probably a comfortable place for people looking to coast.

ConsBenefits are typical of a smaller company.

The recruiters were friendly and helpful.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsThey found my first assignment very quickly.

ConsThe assignment I was placed in was a sales position which I had clearly stated I do not want to do sales.

Move fast, want to get you out of the door for a job.

ProsVery personable, make you feel like they are really on your side.

ConsInterview was crazy fast - are you really able to find me a good fit based on the five minutes you spent with me?

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not as good as they make it out to be

Seattle, WA

ProsThe people are really nice and they find you jobs pretty easily. The office is great, and they pay every week.

ConsThe jobs they find you are menial. This means working opening nail polish bottles by hand at Julep in a warehouse. They present as being a company that finds administrative positions, but they rarely find them. The pay for the jobs are usually pretty low, meaning the best paying jobs they have are $13.50/hr. They also false advertise: they tell you that you have an office job, but it is really redundant work. Since turning down a job that was falsely advertised as working for Amazon, they have not found me a single job in a while. Also, they take a while to get pay started for new people. A friend of mine worked for them a month and a half ago and still has not gotten paid.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest and open with your clients. Don't try to make too much money off your clients or you won't have many clients.

Terra Staffing Group keeps a Blacklist

Quit Coach (Former Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsWide range of positions available.

ConsOne of Terra Staffing recruiters sent me an email, asking how my experience was going at the job they had hired me for. I was transitioning at the time from a contract through Terra to full time at the host site. I thought it was safe to be honest so I disclosed information about environmental conditions onsite, that the company was turning of the air to our area (call center) to save money (!). If we tried to move to another floor to breath, we were disciplined or fired. People were passing out and falling onto the floor due to hypoxia (and on the 21st floor we couldn't open windows). I sustained daily nosebleeds that I had to hide in order to not be fired. 911 arrived to drag the fallen away.

I responded to the recruiters inquiry by telling her about the lack of air. She then forwarded my email, written from home with my home computer (not at work) to a VP at the host company. The next day I was hauled in front of 3 VPs and grilled about my health and what my doctor had said (completely illegal due to HIPPA regulations, and this was a healthcare company), etc. I was told by another employee that management would wait a few months then drive me off the job with fake write ups, etc. This is what happened even though I was considered an excellent performer. When I applied for another job at Terra Staffing, I was told there were "none." Even though I was matched to several hundred. Management placed me on a blacklist, which is illegal in WA State and in this country.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf your employees are expected for follow the law, then management should follow laws as well.

Wish I had come to work for this company years ago! Simpy the BEST!

Branch Manager (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsOwners and senior management hold themselves accountqable to the rest of the company and truly CARE about creating a fabulous work environment for everyone else. This is a forward thinking company with focus on todays needs. By helping others succeed the company succeeds!

ConsComing out of a recession has been difficult industry wide, but in particular for the smaller companies. Benefits decreased and while they are being rebuilt, I would like to see better medical benefits offered.

Happy Camper!

ProsPerformance-based pay
    Clear understanding of how you contribute
    Feel like what you do matters

ConsPretty high level of pressure inherent to the industry

It was a good opportuny to increase knowledge and skills in the staffing industry.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are many Opportunites for growth in most locations. There are plenty of options to make great money If you are in a staffing supervisor in the company.

ConsThere are some inconsistancies in the way management treats the staff. The benefits package was very slim. Small company, so no opportunties for relocation.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership at Terra should really listen better to employees. At times, there were many employees who were not happy with one thing or another, but the leadership appeared to either not notice or care.

Worked for TERRA Staffing Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TERRA Staffing Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TERRA Staffing Group CEO Betty Neighbors. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by TERRA Staffing Group employees.