TERRA Staffing Group

Greg Lambert
1 Rating

Terra Staffing Group Front Desk Cordinator

I worked at TERRA Staffing Group

Pros

Great Company! They really try their hardest to set you up with your perfect employer.

Cons

No bad comments enjoyed my time with this company.

Keep up the great job and positive attitudes.

You get what you put into it.

I worked at TERRA Staffing Group

Pros

If you are are consistent, on time, and work hard, you'll do well with this company.
    Quick to resolve issues in regards to proper payment, etc.

Cons

You MUST be diligent in contacting them regularly when looking for work.
    Very difficult to earn a paid holiday, unless they have updated the policy.

Lukewarm at best

I have been working at TERRA Staffing Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I got an interview. I was placed within 5 minutes of meeting a recruiter. However, she was very lukewarm and sort of angry.

Cons

Lied about the assignments. Lied to me about everything. I would not go back to working with this temp agency again, because they were not truthful to me about who the client was or what the assignment was.

Treat your employees better.

Still contemplating lawsuit

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at TERRA Staffing Group (less than an year)

Pros

They did place me quickly at a friendly place; however, it was NOT the position they said it was for, nor was it for the duration promised.

Cons

Let's start with the drug test. I was placed at a law firm, yet apparently they checked "DOT" on the drug test sheet. When I tested positive for marijuana, I got a 'Notice of CDL Disqualification' from the Dept of Licensing due to the outcome of this drug test. At NO point was I ever informed that my results would be sent to the Dept of Licensing! By the way... Nobody at Terra or the placement company cared about the test. NEXT came the fact that I was told by my Terra representative that I would be doing one thing, yet when I got to the place I was working, I was doing something totally different, and totally and completely mind-numbingly BORING and it ended 2 months earlier than promised. On the day that we finished the project we had been working on, some people had been called in and asked to return the next day to work on another project, and I had not. When I went in and asked if the manager wanted me back as well, he informed me that YES, he did have me on his list of people he wanted to return and please come back the following day! That evening, I received a call from my Terra person informing me that I wasn't needed. I told her what I was told by the manager and she said that 'half the time, they don't know what they're talking about'. I asked if they had any other assignments they could send me out on and she said no, nothing that wasn't industrial. So, I went back to filing unemployment. One month later, I receive a letter from unemployment stating that Terra Staffing said I was discharged for testing positive for alcohol during work! I COULDN'T BELIEVE MY EYES!!!! TOTAL AND COMPLETE LIES!!! I hired an attorney, filed an appeal, got a telephonic hearing, and when we called in for our hearing, was informed by the judge that THEY received a letter (funny that I never received a copy, nor did my attorney) from Terra stating that, low and behold, it WAS due to lack of work that I wasn't working. Because of Terra Staffing, I now have an issue with the Dept of Licensing, am out money for an attorney for the appeal, and he also says they are guilty of libel. NO, I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYBODY!!! NOT EVEN MY WORST ENEMY.

You might want to keep your people/files straight. I'm assuming some other person was drunk on the job, or maybe it's just your regular practice to tell lies about people, hoping they won't actually read what you're saying about them or do anything about it. Who knows how many other innocent people have been hurt by your company, but I think it's WRONG and I think something needs to be done about it.

The recruiters were friendly and helpful.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at TERRA Staffing Group as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

They found my first assignment very quickly.

Cons

The assignment I was placed in was a sales position which I had clearly stated I do not want to do sales.

I love my job!

Current Employee - Management in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Management in Seattle, WA

I have been working at TERRA Staffing Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Encouraged to grow and learn.
    Lots of training and development.
    Company is a leader in the industry and one I'm proud to be associated with.
    Family feel, every seems to genuinely care about each other.
    Pay based on performance so I feel like my earning potential is really in my own hands.
    Total accountability at all levels of the organization.
    Lots of recognition and rewards.
    Lots of feedback from management. Regular 1/1 development meetings. Great culture for high-performers but not probably a comfortable place for people looking to coast.

Cons

Benefits are typical of a smaller company.

Move fast, want to get you out of the door for a job.

I have been working at TERRA Staffing Group

Pros

Very personable, make you feel like they are really on your side.

Cons

Interview was crazy fast - are you really able to find me a good fit based on the five minutes you spent with me?

Not as good as they make it out to be

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at TERRA Staffing Group as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The people are really nice and they find you jobs pretty easily. The office is great, and they pay every week.

Cons

The jobs they find you are menial. This means working opening nail polish bottles by hand at Julep in a warehouse. They present as being a company that finds administrative positions, but they rarely find them. The pay for the jobs are usually pretty low, meaning the best paying jobs they have are $13.50/hr. They also false advertise: they tell you that you have an office job, but it is really redundant work. Since turning down a job that was falsely advertised as working for Amazon, they have not found me a single job in a while. Also, they take a while to get pay started for new people. A friend of mine worked for them a month and a half ago and still has not gotten paid.

Be honest and open with your clients. Don't try to make too much money off your clients or you won't have many clients.

Terra Staffing Group keeps a Blacklist

Former Employee - Quit Coach in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Quit Coach in Seattle, WA

I worked at TERRA Staffing Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Wide range of positions available.

Cons

One of Terra Staffing recruiters sent me an email, asking how my experience was going at the job they had hired me for. I was transitioning at the time from a contract through Terra to full time at the host site. I thought it was safe to be honest so I disclosed information about environmental conditions onsite, that the company was turning of the air to our area (call center) to save money (!). If we tried to move to another floor to breath, we were disciplined or fired. People were passing out and falling onto the floor due to hypoxia (and on the 21st floor we couldn't open windows). I sustained daily nosebleeds that I had to hide in order to not be fired. 911 arrived to drag the fallen away.

I responded to the recruiters inquiry by telling her about the lack of air. She then forwarded my email, written from home with my home computer (not at work) to a VP at the host company. The next day I was hauled in front of 3 VPs and grilled about my health and what my doctor had said (completely illegal due to HIPPA regulations, and this was a healthcare company), etc. I was told by another employee that management would wait a few months then drive me off the job with fake write ups, etc. This is what happened even though I was considered an excellent performer. When I applied for another job at Terra Staffing, I was told there were "none." Even though I was matched to several hundred. Management placed me on a blacklist, which is illegal in WA State and in this country.

If your employees are expected for follow the law, then management should follow laws as well.

Wish I had come to work for this company years ago! Simpy the BEST!

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at TERRA Staffing Group

Pros

Owners and senior management hold themselves accountqable to the rest of the company and truly CARE about creating a fabulous work environment for everyone else. This is a forward thinking company with focus on todays needs. By helping others succeed the company succeeds!

Cons

Coming out of a recession has been difficult industry wide, but in particular for the smaller companies. Benefits decreased and while they are being rebuilt, I would like to see better medical benefits offered.