TERRA Staffing Group Reviews

Updated February 24, 2015
16 reviews filtered by
3.2
Greg Lambert

1. Best Company I've ever worked for!

I have been working at TERRA Staffing Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There are so many ways to learn and grow with this company. They treat their employees well and truly care about the impact they make on people's lives.

Cons

Benefits are typical for a smaller company and it would be nice to have a 401k option with match.

2. I think I may have found my career home!

I have been working at TERRA Staffing Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Management is approachable and accessible. Weekly one-on-ones help not only build rapport between you and your manager, they allow the opportunity for DISCUSSION on areas you need help with and allow for acknowledgement on a job well-done. Management encourages training and takes the time to answer questions. You never get the feeling that they are too busy to talk to you. You are also trusted to manage your own work/time and are not micromanaged. Hard work is recognized and rewarded. The company likes to promote from within and there is definite opportunity for growth. But the thing that I most appreciate is working for a company that forward-thinking and flexible. They understand that life happens, that things are unpredictable. They will not only work with you, they will go above and beyond to help you. You are a PERSON to them, not just a number or a body, as was my experience with previous employers. Coming to work now is not a chore. It feels like coming home and that’s unnerving - in a good way!

Cons

Business is booming, and the company was growing so fast that sometimes it seemed like internal staff was being hired on hastily in order to meet demands, and not because they were right for the job, resulting in turnover. That's improved, definitely, but there was a period of time where it was disconcerting and a more than a little disruptive. Also, because the locations are spread apart, it's difficult to have company-wide meetings or events regularly, so you don’t have much opportunity to actually interact with your peers. But such are growing pains. I wish compensation were higher (who doesn't?), but the pay is good, the benefits are good, opportunity for growth is plentiful, and with job satisfaction for me currently so high, it's not a real issue. The only other thing I can think of is that I wish we had a bank number of sick days to use during the year. Now, if you’re unwell, you need to use your PTO, which makes scheduling trips or vacations difficult, since you can't predict when you'll feel sick.

3. They get you in.

Current Employee - Administrative in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Administrative in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at TERRA Staffing Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They get you in and they find you a job

Cons

It is almost impossible to change jobs. The Holiday pay is impossible to get. You must work at lease 584 hours in 15 weeks which works out to be every day full time for almost 4 months. I think you are allowed one day off before the holiday comes about. I've asked several times to be changed to another company because the one that I am at is not working with my availability, they say that they don't have anything at all. between that and the holiday pay I'm ready to go!

fix the holiday threshold. Make it more possible your workers want to work but not if we are getting gipped.

5. Disappointed Manager

Former Employee - Seattle Branch Manager in Tacoma, WA
    Former Employee - Seattle Branch Manager in Tacoma, WA

I worked at TERRA Staffing Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Most staff friendly and professional and work hard. Good training program but limited to old ways of doing things

Cons

Huge nepotism factor, ancient technology, hard to know what upper management is thinking. Limited strategic thinking. Staff very micromanaged.

Need more fresh blood in management mix. Catch up with 21st century. Don't be afraid to try new things.

6. Terra Staffing Group Front Desk Cordinator

I worked at TERRA Staffing Group

Pros

Great Company! They really try their hardest to set you up with your perfect employer.

Cons

No bad comments enjoyed my time with this company.

Keep up the great job and positive attitudes.

7. You get what you put into it.

I worked at TERRA Staffing Group

Pros

If you are are consistent, on time, and work hard, you'll do well with this company.
    Quick to resolve issues in regards to proper payment, etc.

Cons

You MUST be diligent in contacting them regularly when looking for work.
    Very difficult to earn a paid holiday, unless they have updated the policy.

8. Lukewarm at best

I have been working at TERRA Staffing Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I got an interview. I was placed within 5 minutes of meeting a recruiter. However, she was very lukewarm and sort of angry.

Cons

Lied about the assignments. Lied to me about everything. I would not go back to working with this temp agency again, because they were not truthful to me about who the client was or what the assignment was.

Treat your employees better.

Still contemplating lawsuit

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at TERRA Staffing Group (less than a year)

Pros

They did place me quickly at a friendly place; however, it was NOT the position they said it was for, nor was it for the duration promised.

Cons

Let's start with the drug test. I was placed at a law firm, yet apparently they checked "DOT" on the drug test sheet. When I tested positive for marijuana, I got a 'Notice of CDL Disqualification' from the Dept of Licensing due to the outcome of this drug test. At NO point was I ever informed that my results would be sent to the Dept of Licensing! By the way... Nobody at Terra or the placement company cared about the test. NEXT came the fact that I was told by my Terra representative that I would be doing one thing, yet when I got to the place I was working, I was doing something totally different, and totally and completely mind-numbingly BORING and it ended 2 months earlier than promised. On the day that we finished the project we had been working on, some people had been called in and asked to return the next day to work on another project, and I had not. When I went in and asked if the manager wanted me back as well, he informed me that YES, he did have me on his list of people he wanted to return and please come back the following day! That evening, I received a call from my Terra person informing me that I wasn't needed. I told her what I was told by the manager and she said that 'half the time, they don't know what they're talking about'. I asked if they had any other assignments they could send me out on and she said no, nothing that wasn't industrial. So, I went back to filing unemployment. One month later, I receive a letter from unemployment stating that Terra Staffing said I was discharged for testing positive for alcohol during work! I COULDN'T BELIEVE MY EYES!!!! TOTAL AND COMPLETE LIES!!! I hired an attorney, filed an appeal, got a telephonic hearing, and when we called in for our hearing, was informed by the judge that THEY received a letter (funny that I never received a copy, nor did my attorney) from Terra stating that, low and behold, it WAS due to lack of work that I wasn't working. Because of Terra Staffing, I now have an issue with the Dept of Licensing, am out money for an attorney for the appeal, and he also says they are guilty of libel. NO, I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYBODY!!! NOT EVEN MY WORST ENEMY.

You might want to keep your people/files straight. I'm assuming some other person was drunk on the job, or maybe it's just your regular practice to tell lies about people, hoping they won't actually read what you're saying about them or do anything about it. Who knows how many other innocent people have been hurt by your company, but I think it's WRONG and I think something needs to be done about it.

10. The recruiters were friendly and helpful.

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Seattle, WA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Seattle, WA

I worked at TERRA Staffing Group as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

They found my first assignment very quickly.

Cons

The assignment I was placed in was a sales position which I had clearly stated I do not want to do sales.

I love my job!

Current Employee - Management in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Management in Seattle, WA

I have been working at TERRA Staffing Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Encouraged to grow and learn.
    Lots of training and development.
    Company is a leader in the industry and one I'm proud to be associated with.
    Family feel, every seems to genuinely care about each other.
    Pay based on performance so I feel like my earning potential is really in my own hands.
    Total accountability at all levels of the organization.
    Lots of recognition and rewards.
    Lots of feedback from management. Regular 1/1 development meetings. Great culture for high-performers but not probably a comfortable place for people looking to coast.

Cons

Benefits are typical of a smaller company.