TETRA Technologies

TETRA Technologies Reviews

Updated September 19, 2014
Updated September 19, 2014

Stu Brightman

I have been treated very well

Current Employee - PTS OPERATOR in Riverton, WY
    Current Employee - PTS OPERATOR in Riverton, WY

I have been working at TETRA Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pay, the vision, and dental insurance are the pros.

Cons

The challenges include alot of moving around, lifting heavy pipe, and not being able to rat as right because of living in hotels.

Continue to pay for plane tickets, and give raises.

Unorganized, unprofessional and unsuccessful!

I have been working at TETRA Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You are giving the opportunity to work 100+ hours when there are contracts and work deadlines.

Cons

There are few to no contracts in Denver and Wyoming so if you are looking for stable work and live on the western slope then go else where!

Experience is a great attribute, however schooling and education will allow employees to go above and beyond.

Big Talk and Very Little Walk

Current Employee - Junior Operator in Midland, TX
    Current Employee - Junior Operator in Midland, TX

I have been working at TETRA Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent equipment with experienced field operators. As a Junior Operator, there are opportunities to stay decently busy rigging up and rigging down with the rare production job, frac flowback, or drill out

Cons

Patronage is crazy rampant with managers giving work out where it should not be given.
    When I was first hired, I was told that they had more work then they could handle and that I would spend no more than a few days doing shop work on between jobs. After my first two months of working at the shop and rigging up occasionally I was sent on a production job that lasted 3 days. All the while new hands were being hired in weekly. Just not enough work to be considered a real Flowback job.
    Based out of Midland Texas

Also, new hires are paid 18 hours instead of the standard 24 hours when on extended stays on location.

Don't sell new hires the loads of crap you sell about keeping people in the field because it just is not true. Don't reward people who are run off locations and who show up late to jobs with more work and assigned vehicles. Instead, reward those who show up early and do the job right.

Tetra is like a family.

Current Employee - P&A Supervisor in Houma, LA
    Current Employee - P&A Supervisor in Houma, LA

I have been working at TETRA Technologies

Pros

Tetra allows you the opportunity to advance if you take advantage of the opportunities. You have to WANT, nothing will be given to you.

Cons

The pay could be a little better. TETRA tends to keep the "Warm Bodies" around to long. Not just TETRA, but the oilfield in general is making the younger generation very soft. If you hurt somebody's feelings or break somebody's heart, you will have to answer for being so mean.

Increase the pay, you will see an increase in "qualified" applicants.

Learned a lot while there but never moved up from the same position.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

I worked at TETRA Technologies

Pros

TETRA has good benefits and activities for their employees.

Cons

Maritech salaries are based upon TETRA's (Service Company) numbers which is not at all comparable with other E&P Companies. There is no room for women to move up at all and it's just a "Good Ole' Boy" Company!

Do a Glass Ceiling Review! Remember that without women - your company couldn't make it! Reward them and promote them into management but most of all - treat them with respect!

gained alot of experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

I worked at TETRA Technologies

Pros

get to meet alot of different people

Cons

You have to know spanish.

Valuable experience in Completion Fluids Engineering

Former Employee - Fluids Engineer in Khobar (Saudi Arabia)
    Former Employee - Fluids Engineer in Khobar (Saudi Arabia)

I worked at TETRA Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Leader in Completion Fluids. Good reputation worldwide.

Cons

Lack of training for new hired people. Difficult to get promoted even with high skills and good performance.

Very glad when I finally left.

Former Employee - Wireline
    Former Employee - Wireline

I worked at TETRA Technologies

Pros

Good support group when we were based out of Broussard.
    Good group of field personnel.
    Good place to start - just make sure you leave, there are tons of better opportunities

Cons

Zero Support when we worked out of Belle Chasse and now out of Houma
    Office management is horrible. HR department was disappointing.
    Small raises were more a slap in the face.

Watch your managers.
    Don't hire family to work together
    Pay your guys, at least step up to the average pay.

Many change have occured in the past 2 years within upper management which I feel has slowed the growth of the company.

Current Employee - Field Supervisor
    Current Employee - Field Supervisor

I have been working at TETRA Technologies

Pros

Tetra is a great company to be employed by for the most part. Tetra provides a very good benefit package and have many hard working field personal, as a supervisor i have worked with many different people from different locations and on a 1-10 score of the field people i worked with i rate the employees at a 9.

Cons

I have more then 10 years service with the company and have seen good times and bad times. During the past few years i have seen many bad choices for management positions, we have managers running our field operations who have no ideal what we even do in the field and have never had any field experiance. As an Ex District Manager I started from the bottom and worked my way up. Even as a District Manager i went to the field checked on my jobs, employees, and helped rig up jobs as well. Overall i think Tetra as a strong company with growth abilities should recognize and offer promotion to the experianced and hard working employees who really know the job and provide the bread and butter for the upper management.

Management, You should do a field survey to each facilitiy and see a few reasons why Tetra as a company is on a slipping down fall the operation management positions you have choose at some facilities is a major problem. I have worked in 5 different locations in my 10 years with the company and seen so much waste and unnessary spending. Some of these facilities need so much housekeeping I would be ashamed to bring one of my customers in for a walk around. As a manager i would not allow these things to occur at my place of operation.

TETRA Technologies Photos