TFI Family Services

Employment Status

Reset
2.7
CEO

1. Not sure I would recommend working under current leadership.

I worked at TFI Family Services

Pros

Working for families and with a great team of social workers who cared for the children/families first. Health benefits were provided at minimal cost to employee.

Cons

The leadership team, with the exception of the past CEO, did not appreciate the input of those who were worked on the front line. They kept a very clear line of distinction between themselves and the rest of their staff.

Advice to Management

Get in the trenches with your front-line workers, listen to them and when you are in their office location don't hold yourself as unreachable. Say hello. Care.

2. Worst job I ever had!

Current Employee - Executive in Topeka, KS
    Current Employee - Executive in Topeka, KS

I have been working at TFI Family Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Absolutely no pros I ever saw in the entire time worked for this organization.

Cons

No leadership. No accountability. No professionalism. Dishonest and no surprise why they lost their state contracts. New CEO is a nightmare. COO is just as bad. No one knew how to run that organization and now it is a sinking ship. Google how many federal cases there are with this company! Doors should have been closed years ago!

Advice to Management

Quit. For the sake of the kids. And get someone in upper management who knows what they are doing.

3. I enjoy working here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

I have been working at TFI Family Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I enjoy the people who work here. Child welfare (especially in Kansas nowadays) is an extremely difficult field to work in. Its important to have co-workers, sups and execs you like and can depend on. I think TFI tries to make employees feel appreciated.

Cons

the budget cuts to social services, the decisions and policies of KS government has made staying in this field difficult.

5. it was ok.

Former Employee - FSW in Topeka, KS
    Former Employee - FSW in Topeka, KS

I worked at TFI Family Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

helping others, time-off, make your own Schedule, coworkers are good, learn as you go

Cons

company doesn't focus on coworkers

Advice to Management

it is okay/.

6. dishonest and misguided

I worked at TFI Family Services

Pros

co-workers, teaching tool, anger management, constant management

Cons

horrible leaders, terrible supervisor selections, and unable to resolve any issues

7. Arrogant Leadership

Current Employee - Case Management in Topeka, KS
    Current Employee - Case Management in Topeka, KS

I have been working at TFI Family Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you're married to a a upper management personnel you can be rude & take all the time off you want. If you don't question or a male upper management will treat you well. The COO & mid management try to do the right thing

Cons

Lack of communication, administration is inflexible, upper management is revengeful. Doesn't care about the children & families. Treats emloyees badly. Board is clueless. Fiscal problems

Advice to Management

Overall lack of leadership and lack of meaningful communication is destroying this organization. Stop trying to reinvent yourself every year & leave the arrogant attitude at the door.

8. Good opportunity; however due to financial instability after loss of state contracts, unable to sustain employment.

Former Employee - Vice President of New Business Development in Topeka, KS
    Former Employee - Vice President of New Business Development in Topeka, KS

I worked at TFI Family Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible Schedule, able to make schedule No micro-managing, great for self driven people

Cons

Little Communication among leadership team Financial Instability after the loss of state contracts

9. my time with TFI was rewarding but they do not value their employees as much as they should for the work that they do

Former Employee - Care Manager in Topeka, KS
    Former Employee - Care Manager in Topeka, KS

I worked at TFI Family Services (More than 3 years)

Pros

good benefits, decent pay, some of the staff are good people

Cons

high turnover, they do not value you employees for the work they do

10. Great agency!

Former Employee - Family Support Worker in Topeka, KS
    Former Employee - Family Support Worker in Topeka, KS

I worked at TFI Family Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I loved the flexibility in my schedule. I was able to attend school full time while working full time. Not to mention if I needed to attend any appointments, my schedule was not an issue. The benefits were great as well. I enjoyed working with the people that I worked with. They were all well educated and understood our positions within the community.

Cons

Being a contractor to the state means that there are a lot of opinions of your job and the actions that you take. DCF micromanaged the agency.

Rigid company with more red tape every time you turn around.

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Topeka, KS
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Topeka, KS

I have been working at TFI Family Services

Pros

Cheap benefits; 4 weeks of paid "personal time" (both vacation time & sick leave rolled together); Unused personal time rolls over, not use-it-or-lose-it; Quarterly "fun" meetings for some departments; Yearly longevity bonus ($100/year of employment).

Cons

Some departments are very inflexible and unwilling to approve time off. Pay raises are capped at 2% per year. There is a generally high stress level within the office. Most employees don't seem to take pride in the work they do and put forth the minimal effort required. Poor morale in some departments. Many departments and understaffed and there is a high turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Work to offer your employees more flexible work schedules. Give your employees more reason to stay with TFI instead of being a "stepping stool" for better careers at better companies. Work to hire more in departments that are understaffed because of budget. Look for ways to cut waste in things like office supplies, building maintenance costs, etc. because many of those expenditures are exorbitant or entirely unnecessary.

RSS Feed </> Embed