TFI Family Services

TFI Family Services Reviews

Updated Mar 4, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Good opportunity; however due to financial instability after loss of state contracts, unable to sustain employment.

Vice President of New Business Development (Former Employee) Topeka, KS

ProsFlexible Schedule, able to make schedule
    No micro-managing, great for self driven people

ConsLittle Communication among leadership team
    Financial Instability after the loss of state contracts

dishonest and misguided

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosco-workers, teaching tool, anger management, constant management

Conshorrible leaders, terrible supervisor selections, and unable to resolve any issues

Arrogant Leadership

Case Management (Current Employee) Topeka, KS

ProsIf you're married to a a upper management personnel you can be rude & take all the time off you want. If you don't question or a male upper management will treat you well. The COO & mid management try to do the right thing

ConsLack of communication, administration is inflexible, upper management is revengeful. Doesn't care about the children & families. Treats emloyees badly. Board is clueless. Fiscal problems

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall lack of leadership and lack of meaningful communication is destroying this organization. Stop trying to reinvent yourself every year & leave the arrogant attitude at the door.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

my time with TFI was rewarding but they do not value their employees as much as they should for the work that they do

Care Manager (Former Employee) Topeka, KS

Prosgood benefits, decent pay, some of the staff are good people

Conshigh turnover, they do not value you employees for the work they do

Great agency!

Family Support Worker (Former Employee) Topeka, KS

ProsI loved the flexibility in my schedule. I was able to attend school full time while working full time. Not to mention if I needed to attend any appointments, my schedule was not an issue. The benefits were great as well. I enjoyed working with the people that I worked with. They were all well educated and understood our positions within the community.

ConsBeing a contractor to the state means that there are a lot of opinions of your job and the actions that you take. DCF micromanaged the agency.

Rigid company with more red tape every time you turn around.

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Topeka, KS

ProsCheap benefits;
    4 weeks of paid "personal time" (both vacation time & sick leave rolled together);
    Unused personal time rolls over, not use-it-or-lose-it;
    Quarterly "fun" meetings for some departments;
    Yearly longevity bonus ($100/year of employment).

ConsSome departments are very inflexible and unwilling to approve time off. Pay raises are capped at 2% per year. There is a generally high stress level within the office. Most employees don't seem to take pride in the work they do and put forth the minimal effort required. Poor morale in some departments. Many departments and understaffed and there is a high turnover rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork to offer your employees more flexible work schedules. Give your employees more reason to stay with TFI instead of being a "stepping stool" for better careers at better companies. Work to hire more in departments that are understaffed because of budget. Look for ways to cut waste in things like office supplies, building maintenance costs, etc. because many of those expenditures are exorbitant or entirely unnecessary.

The Worst managed company ever.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat kids to work with

ConsHorrible co workers to work with

Advice to Senior ManagementPut people in place that know how to do there job.

Worked for TFI Family Services? Contribute to the Community!