TFM

Updated April 16, 2014
Updated April 16, 2014

4.4

Michael Wagner

The BEST small company you could ever get a chance to work for, ever!!

Current Employee - Business Development Executive  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Business Development Executive in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

Total compensation package with 401K and great benies. State of the art facility, equipment and talent level of staff is unequaled. Upper management leads by example as they roll up their sleves and man the fox hole with you! You truly have anything and everything necessary at your fingertips!

Cons

Everyone is not cut out for this profession. It is demanding, more than you've ever been challenged in your business career, yet FAIR! They role out the red carpet for you, however, you better perform or you are rolled up in it.

Keep doing what you are doing, it is working. Daily interaction from top down is why we have won ALL the awards!!! KEEP IT UP AND DONT CHANGE FOR ANYONE!!

Very Challenging Environment and Keeps your skills sharp!!!

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

Treats Employees like Family.
    Stays with employees during difficult times.
    Everyone gets an office not a Cubicle.
    Free food almost every day.
    Very dynamic in adopting new stuff.
    No place for slackers

Cons

None. I haven't found any.

Things are working great. Keep what you are doing.

Business Development Executive

Former Employee - Business Development Executive  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Business Development Executive in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

I worked at TFM for 14 months, there were circumstances on my end that caused my exit. They are very clear on what the job entails from the initial interview, there were no pulled punches. The President is a solid guy. They give you every resource possible to help you succeed in the position. (Lap top, leads, cell phone, expenses, etc.) The VP of Sales will bend over backwards for you and go out of his way if you need help. The staff is great, many of them have known each other for many years. Its a challenging field for sure, but they are up front about that from day one. They even stock food and beverage for you to make things as comfortable and convenient as possible. I've never seen or been apart of a more laid-back environment that at TFM, it was great. Any failure or negative input can only be from someone who didn't put the effort into doing what they were hired to do. There is certainly much to learn, but they give you a decent base salary.

Cons

I can't really call "cold calling" a con because that's going to be with any sales position.

I honestly appreciate my time there and the experience I have gained. I was sad to leave. Mike and Jimmy and good, solid individuals who will help you succeed if you have the desire.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's more than a job....

Current Employee - Logistics Analyst  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Logistics Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

It's family. You absolutely get out what you put in here. We are a small company who values every person who works here. I have never worked anywhere else that values their employees and families like they do here. There are expectations of doing your job and doing it your best. We work hard but the payout is awesome! Our employer goes beyond your typical expectations~ we have a stocked kitchen, donations to organizations that are important to us, great work/life balance and always willing to listen. We poke fun, laugh, work hard, and cry together here. The atmosphere is great and I couldn't work anywhere else because the bar is set so high. Our President is involved with daily operations and is grounded to this company because success is important to him but also all the people that work for TFM.

Cons

I have been almost 2 years and cannot think of one.

Keep up the great work:)

AWESOME PLACE TO WORK

Current Employee - Operations- Logistics Analyst
    Current Employee - Operations- Logistics Analyst

Pros

TFM is a great place to work. The owners are very family oriented. So there IS a good work/life balance. When you are hired, management tells you EXACTLY what is expected of you. If you do your job, you are rewarded. If you don't, you are not. It is that simple. There is a ton of potential for earnings and advancement at TFM. If you are a committed and motivated individual, you will do very well. Obviously, the people who have had negative things to say were not doing their job and this was not the right place for them.

Cons

I have been here for 4 years and have yet to find a negative.

Continue to do what you are doing. In my four years here, I have seen the company grow and it did so with strong employees. I appreciate the opportunity to work for a company that was named the fastest growing company in Pittsburgh. It is the exceptional employees and work environment that made that and other awards possible.

Bitterness comes from Laziness

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

As long as I have been employed by TFM, I have seen unmotivated employees weed themselves out of the picture. There are no shortages of opportunities to better yourself financially, but to do so, one must continually push to gain industry knowledge and put forth the effort to grow. I can assure anyone reading reviews on this site, that laziness is the common denominator for failure at TFM.

The work environment is purposefully created in a laid back manner to allow employees to feel comfortable and stay focused on success. Any and all tools needed to succeed, whether financially or technologically, are provided in an effort to allow employees to remain focused solely on furthering their careers and growing their paychecks.

The rules are simple, clear and are set forth in the initial interview...demand the best from yourself, use your resources to expand knowledge, and work a complete day. The reward...financial security and inclusion into a very tight-knit group who have your best interest in mind.

By no means is this an easy ride where any and all succeeds; but I will say this: Every person who accepted the position assured management that they could preform the duties asked. Time has proven, in many cases, that the focus and work ethic needed to achieve their original goal could not be maintained.

Cons

The only con at TFM is that it is a reality check for those who think they can simply punch the clock and receive six figure earnings. For anyone who is truly exceptional and has discipline to maintain focus, please disregard this section.

Please continue to expect the best out of those who help grow this phenomenal company and THANK YOU for the ability to do so.

Great Company with Excellent Leadership!

Current Employee - Director of Operations  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Director of Operations in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

TFM offers a great family atmosphere work environment. Salaries are higher than the industry average and we have a matching 401K. You have freedom to perform your daily job functions without being micro-managed if you do what is expected of you when you come to work. Managements door is always open and looks to incorporate feedback to make the company more efficient and profitable. I enjoy coming to work every day.

Cons

Operationally, transportation can be a stressful as you are relying on other people to perform their jobs correctly on getting freight picked up and delivered on time and not damaged. Sales can be stressful if you are not willing to put in the time and effort to get the job done with the tools you are provided.

TFM has a great business model and I'm looking forward to many more years of success. I appreciate the generosity and rewards you give to your employees who make a difference every day.

Great place to work!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

Exceptional work environment! Great co-workers! I have been here for almost 4 years and I love coming to work everyday! Everyone here works well together and helps one another out when needed.

You can't find a job that is understanding to there employees needs and treat them well as we are treated here. They keep the kitchen stocked with drinks and food. They also, provide employee lunches quite often.

If come to work and do what is expected of you on a daily bases, you will not have any problems!

Cons

No complaints here! I love my job!

I am very thankful to be working for such a great employer! Keep up the good work!

Great Company

Pros

Compensation/benefits. Great atmosphere. all the resources you need to succeed.

Cons

That i didnt come to TFM earlier in my career

Management is great. All the resources you need to succeed. I've never worked for a company where you can make as much money as you want. Work/life balance is in your control. It's a family atmosphere.

Fantastic company and great place to work!!

Current Employee - Lgistics Analyst  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Lgistics Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

TFM was voted "Pittsburgh's fastest growing company" for a reason. They pride themselves on personal interaction with each client. They are a progressive, award winning company that provides an awesome work environment that encourages their employees, is team-oriented and rewards hard work. The atmosphere is welcoming and supportive and management is approachable and open to creative ideas.

Cons

I can't think of any negatives about TFM!

Please continue to motivate and encourage us.

Worked for TFM? Contribute to the Community!