TFM

Updated Apr 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Michael Wagner

Very Challenging Environment and Keeps your skills sharp!!!

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsTreats Employees like Family.
    Stays with employees during difficult times.
    Everyone gets an office not a Cubicle.
    Free food almost every day.
    Very dynamic in adopting new stuff.
    No place for slackers

ConsNone. I haven't found any.

Advice to Senior ManagementThings are working great. Keep what you are doing.

Business Development Executive

Business Development Executive (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsI worked at TFM for 14 months, there were circumstances on my end that caused my exit. They are very clear on what the job entails from the initial interview, there were no pulled punches. The President is a solid guy. They give you every resource possible to help you succeed in the position. (Lap top, leads, cell phone, expenses, etc.) The VP of Sales will bend over backwards for you and go out of his way if you need help. The staff is great, many of them have known each other for many years. Its a challenging field for sure, but they are up front about that from day one. They even stock food and beverage for you to make things as comfortable and convenient as possible. I've never seen or been apart of a more laid-back environment that at TFM, it was great. Any failure or negative input can only be from someone who didn't put the effort into doing what they were hired to do. There is certainly much to learn, but they give you a decent base salary.

ConsI can't really call "cold calling" a con because that's going to be with any sales position.

Advice to Senior ManagementI honestly appreciate my time there and the experience I have gained. I was sad to leave. Mike and Jimmy and good, solid individuals who will help you succeed if you have the desire.

Fantastic company and great place to work!!

Lgistics Analyst (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsTFM was voted "Pittsburgh's fastest growing company" for a reason. They pride themselves on personal interaction with each client. They are a progressive, award winning company that provides an awesome work environment that encourages their employees, is team-oriented and rewards hard work. The atmosphere is welcoming and supportive and management is approachable and open to creative ideas.

ConsI can't think of any negatives about TFM!

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease continue to motivate and encourage us.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company and Leader in the Industry!!

BDE (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsThis is a fast growing and changing company that is recognized as a leader in the 3pl industry. It is a fairly young company that been awarded several time both regionally as well as nationally for it's growth and ambition. There is an uncapped earning potential here.They pay 100% of your benefits and offer additional vacation days and quarterly bunuses. As a BDE you are expected to work hard and put a full day in but are treated well and rewarded for your time and effort. This is not an easy job but the benefits are there if you are able to punctually be responsible for yourself and actions. Work SMART and hard and take control of this career and treat it as you own. Learn the business and the rest will come. The management here has all been in this position and knows it inside and out. It is a small company so there is no formal training program however, you are not left on your own. They will train you in the field and support the success of your career. It is a fun a and enthusiastic environment to work in. I should have done this sooner.

ConsNone that I can think of.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up supporting your sales team. They are the growth and future of your company. Listen to them and their concerns. You are great!!!!

The BEST small company you could ever get a chance to work for, ever!!

Business Development Executive (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsTotal compensation package with 401K and great benies. State of the art facility, equipment and talent level of staff is unequaled. Upper management leads by example as they roll up their sleves and man the fox hole with you! You truly have anything and everything necessary at your fingertips!

ConsEveryone is not cut out for this profession. It is demanding, more than you've ever been challenged in your business career, yet FAIR! They role out the red carpet for you, however, you better perform or you are rolled up in it.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing, it is working. Daily interaction from top down is why we have won ALL the awards!!! KEEP IT UP AND DONT CHANGE FOR ANYONE!!

AWESOME PLACE TO WORK

Operations- Logistics Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsTFM is a great place to work. The owners are very family oriented. So there IS a good work/life balance. When you are hired, management tells you EXACTLY what is expected of you. If you do your job, you are rewarded. If you don't, you are not. It is that simple. There is a ton of potential for earnings and advancement at TFM. If you are a committed and motivated individual, you will do very well. Obviously, the people who have had negative things to say were not doing their job and this was not the right place for them.

ConsI have been here for 4 years and have yet to find a negative.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to do what you are doing. In my four years here, I have seen the company grow and it did so with strong employees. I appreciate the opportunity to work for a company that was named the fastest growing company in Pittsburgh. It is the exceptional employees and work environment that made that and other awards possible.

Bitterness comes from Laziness

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsAs long as I have been employed by TFM, I have seen unmotivated employees weed themselves out of the picture. There are no shortages of opportunities to better yourself financially, but to do so, one must continually push to gain industry knowledge and put forth the effort to grow. I can assure anyone reading reviews on this site, that laziness is the common denominator for failure at TFM.

The work environment is purposefully created in a laid back manner to allow employees to feel comfortable and stay focused on success. Any and all tools needed to succeed, whether financially or technologically, are provided in an effort to allow employees to remain focused solely on furthering their careers and growing their paychecks.

The rules are simple, clear and are set forth in the initial interview...demand the best from yourself, use your resources to expand knowledge, and work a complete day. The reward...financial security and inclusion into a very tight-knit group who have your best interest in mind.

By no means is this an easy ride where any and all succeeds; but I will say this: Every person who accepted the position assured management that they could preform the duties asked. Time has proven, in many cases, that the focus and work ethic needed to achieve their original goal could not be maintained.

ConsThe only con at TFM is that it is a reality check for those who think they can simply punch the clock and receive six figure earnings. For anyone who is truly exceptional and has discipline to maintain focus, please disregard this section.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease continue to expect the best out of those who help grow this phenomenal company and THANK YOU for the ability to do so.

Great Company with Excellent Leadership!

Director of Operations (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsTFM offers a great family atmosphere work environment. Salaries are higher than the industry average and we have a matching 401K. You have freedom to perform your daily job functions without being micro-managed if you do what is expected of you when you come to work. Managements door is always open and looks to incorporate feedback to make the company more efficient and profitable. I enjoy coming to work every day.

ConsOperationally, transportation can be a stressful as you are relying on other people to perform their jobs correctly on getting freight picked up and delivered on time and not damaged. Sales can be stressful if you are not willing to put in the time and effort to get the job done with the tools you are provided.

Advice to Senior ManagementTFM has a great business model and I'm looking forward to many more years of success. I appreciate the generosity and rewards you give to your employees who make a difference every day.

Great place to work!!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsExceptional work environment! Great co-workers! I have been here for almost 4 years and I love coming to work everyday! Everyone here works well together and helps one another out when needed.

You can't find a job that is understanding to there employees needs and treat them well as we are treated here. They keep the kitchen stocked with drinks and food. They also, provide employee lunches quite often.

If come to work and do what is expected of you on a daily bases, you will not have any problems!

ConsNo complaints here! I love my job!

Advice to Senior ManagementI am very thankful to be working for such a great employer! Keep up the good work!

Great Company

ProsCompensation/benefits. Great atmosphere. all the resources you need to succeed.

ConsThat i didnt come to TFM earlier in my career

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is great. All the resources you need to succeed. I've never worked for a company where you can make as much money as you want. Work/life balance is in your control. It's a family atmosphere.

Worked for TFM? Contribute to the Community!