THE EXPERTS

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Great company, great values

Administrator (Former Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsFlexibility, opportunity for growth. Great environment and wonderful learning experiences.

ConsAt times jobs were not being delegated to the correct employees and made tasks longer and more monotonous.

My experience with this company was excellent.

Corporate Expense Administrator (Former Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsWas able to expand my knowledge of accounting functions. Management was always open to try new ideas to make the work flow easier.

ConsInability to progress in Company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your doors open to all employees.

Professional

Deployment Tech (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

Prosgood work environment for a contracting job on the road

Consslow pay on expenses for contractors on military site deployments

Advice to Senior Managementpay your contractors more money like 60k

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

N/A

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAt this time, I do not have anything to say about this company.

ConsAt this time, I do not have anything to say about this company. Could have been a better experience with better employees.

A good step in a strange direction

Sweeper/Quality Assurance (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsGets your foot in the door for government contracting, interesting array of employees. pays adequate but not great, good solid full time employment

ConsNo Benefits, relocation can cost you your job, upper management does not respond promptly for personal inquiries

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd benefits of any type, please

Incompetent HR administrators

Manager (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsMost people I knew were friendly and attentive.

Cons1) I was hired for a job in which I had made myself available within a given salary (or per-hour) range. I expected midpoint in the range. After I started work I was utterly shocked to find that I was going to be paid the absolute lowest, rock-bottom minimum number, right down to the penny.

When I asked why I was low-balled, I was told it was just a screwup by HR. Did they fix it? Apologize? Nope. Nope.

2) When I started I gave the company my background information, references, and a notarized I-9. They never did any background check on me at all--a waste of time!

Instead, about six weeks later one of their low-level functionaries in Florida started phoning me to say that my I-9 had not "gone through." Gone through what? I wondered. Turns out this person had taken my I-9 form, with passport number, and tried to put it through the e-Verify gimmick. If you don't know it, e-Verify is a privately run online database set up to check the green-card status for illegal aliens. The gimmick does not, or did not, work very well with Americans or passport numbers. Instead of calling the State Department to confirm my passport number, this functionary kept feeding my I-9 into e-Verify, hoping to get a different result...and then phoning me again, all excited when the thing got rejected again. Apparently she was doing this in lieu of doing a legitimate background check. She was terrified she was going to get into trouble. To repeat: they never ever did any background check on me at all. No calls to old employers or my references...nothing.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay close attention to potential administrative problems like the foregoing.

The Experts Inc is a wonderful company to work with.

Social Media & Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsThey are very open minded and are always open to suggestions, improvements and idea to make the company better. They are real human beings and the management does not treat you like you are underneath them. They respect and value everyone within their organization.

ConsNot many cons. At times like with any relationship we can all begin to take each others roles for granted.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemain open mined and continue to value and praise your employees.

Sys Admin

Senior Systems Administrator (Former Employee) Fort Belvoir, VA

ProsHands off management!
    Good pay increases!

ConsNo reimbursement of travel expenses.

A Money-centric work mill, with no real care for the employee

Administrative Technician (Former Employee) Vicenza (Italy)

Pros1. The contract they'd won along with GDIT with DoDDS-Europe.
    2. Initial impression, versus previous contract holder and thus my employer, CSC, seemed very pro-employee and supportive.
    3. Required and paid for ITIL-Basic level certification.
    4. Encouraged to be the senior IT advisor to the school, be pro-active on IT matters, work independently.
    5. Highly rewarding work: every contact with the teaching staff was rewarding, as every contact was a success for us both, even problems which some might term "stupid questions." I was there to help the teachers be more effective with their time with their students by eliminating IT their IT problems, no matter how simple they might seem; not to critique their IT skills.

Cons1. Poor communication with employees: late pay several times and not in accordance with promised pay date. Later, we learned they were selling their contract to a new contractor, and said the pay aberrations were due to this.
    2. No attempt to Hire American. (The primary employees were Romanians, who were sub-contracted with no benefits, likely due to labor laws in the European Union, as the jobs were all for US schools on US-funded "NATO" bases in the E.U.)
    3. This Vet-owned company makes no attempt to hire Vets. New employees are found by the local managers, with no participation with the company HQ, and no advertising by the company HQ in areas likely to be used by Vets for jobs. Jobs are ideal for vets with even minimal IT background.
    4. Their contract paid the same rate whether entry level or multi-certified and experienced IT professionals.
    5. Ineffective HR: 4 months after I resigned, I still had never been clearly terminated by their HR; never received COBRA info. I just recently received a renewed Health Insurance card!
    6. My reason for resignation: I had requested Leave Without Pay for the school winter break, when the school was closed. There was NO work to do. The company--despite endorsement by all my coworkers, the operational chain in my local region and by the program manager--refused, citing unfairness. The contract was Firm Fixed Price, all monies were paid in advance (allegedly), the government required no time accounting, so the company would not have been hurt monetarily. As I told the company upon being hired, IF no operational need existed, time off during school holidays was important, the (relatively-low) wages were not. I was the most highly experienced and most-certified employee on this contract, an Army retiree, willing to work for almost-entry wages, just to be with my wife who was a school employee in this overseas location. 7. I was replaced by an entry level person with no work experience, thus hurting the client.

Advice to Senior ManagementCherish your employees; work with their needs, communicate closely. They will support you and cherish you.

Worked for THE EXPERTS? Contribute to the Community!