THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP Reviews

Updated August 21, 2014

2.4

THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP Founder Natalie Massenet
Natalie Massenet

Pros
  • Beautiful office interior - company sells beautiful clothes - buying top notch (in 7 reviews)

• If you are desperate to get into the fashion industry, then this is as good place as any to start (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor senior management direction, not got the right people in place (in 4 reviews)

• The only people who dont start out as temps are people who know someone in upper management (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Company as a whole is okay, they have some bad apples in upper mgmt. that makes it rough to work there.

I worked at THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP

Pros

work place was nice. state of the art warehouse, shift managers were great especially the overnight managers. Too bad they let the nicest one go.

Cons

hours were rough. Ops Mgr. has no personality and is always in his office, he's a penny pincher. Warehouse mgr. is just a thug with no schooling and looking at everyone like they are a thief. HR needs to work on bridging the gap between mgmt. and employee's.

Get more involved with what's going on in the warehouse. Do your homework on your so called warehouse mgr. Not everyone needs to be written up. You have good people working there however you will continue to loose them if you don't improve relationships with them.

Only the clicks are promoted

Former Employee - Inventory Controller  in  Mahwah, NJ
    Former Employee - Inventory Controller in Mahwah, NJ

I worked at THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great Pay and Benefits, nice co-workers feels like a family.
    Nice to have on your resume.
    CEO has a nice smile

Cons

You have to be in a bully click to get promoted or attractive. Experienced employees know more that "managers". Be careful on expressing how to make the company better at employee meeting or you will be fired. Slacking of is okay as long as you are buddy buddy w/ management.
    CEO has no clue of what is going on.

Take a good look at your experienced staff. I was there for six year giving great ideas (which was stolen) and training incompetent managers and couldn't even get a coordinators position. Thanks God I left because now I'm an office manager at a University.
    Stop throwing away GOLD.

major turnaround

I worked at THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP full-time

Pros

great discounts to be had

Cons

big egos and no vision

learn a little bit about the industry you're working in

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not the best job ever!

I worked at THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP full-time

Pros

I got to be around high end fashion while working and the employee discount was pretty good. They use to take great care of the employees

Cons

Where do I begin?! Much of the staff/management were bullies. Everyone wants to be a boss. As this company grows the benefits decrease

Great company, terrible department

Former Employee - Sales and Customer Care Associate  in  Mahwah, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales and Customer Care Associate in Mahwah, NJ

I worked at THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Net-A-Porter is an amazing company to work for. The pay and benefits are great, the discount is amazing and NOBODY has company parties like Net-A-Porter!

Cons

Unfortunately the customer care department is run very poorly. As the company grows the department struggles, and fails, to keep up. As a result, most of the experienced staff has left.

You cannot have a department where the associates are more experienced and knowledgable than the managers. The seniors advisors and supervisors MUST be better trained or the situation will continue to go downhill.

Deplorable Working Conditions

I have been working at THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Office Decor - not much else

Cons

Too long to list. To start, HR in the US is horrendous! No presence from Executive leadership. Many disorganized and unjust payroll changes. No employee handbook and when requested, HR responded that the handbook is a "living" document and subject to changes. Great Managers have left, others dismissed. Bad behavior is acceptable - no accountability. Leadership participates in malicious chatter and gossip. Company communication is inconsistent with many empty promises. A lot of negativity flows throughout the organization in every department. It amazes me that customers still shop with us with all the internal issues. Praying for changes immediately.

Please resign and go back to UK. Please. Pretty please with a big cherry on top!

Exciting, challenging

Current Employee - Operations Manager  in  Mahwah, NJ
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Mahwah, NJ

I have been working at THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

It's a new challenge everyday, the people are talented and great to work with and learn from

Cons

No mass transit, Distribution staff including Management aren't given enough career development training

Training for staff development

Almost a great company!

I worked at THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP

Pros

It's like a training facility, take what you have learned from this company and move on quickly. You do get great discounts on their websites as an employee.

Cons

Management is terrible and the HR department is the worst I've ever experienced in my entire working career. The HR department are to busy to take your concerns and when they do there are no positive results. My advice is if you are having problems find a new job.

No comment.

Once was a great place to work

Current Employee - Customer Care
    Current Employee - Customer Care

I have been working at THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great people and good discounts

Cons

upper management is a mess, little to no room to grow. disorganized, no one is on the same page, promote senior management that do not deserve the position, schedule is a mess.

Please listen to your workers. There seems to be a lot of talk of the department getting better but no actions. The department is underpaid. They keep adding more and more things for everyone to do and also put higher goals but the same pay. It is impossible to be experts in everything. Management expects us to be experts but hardly know anything themselves. Please fix this department or I am sure you will loose valuable employees.

Zero stars.

Former Employee - Customer Care  in  Mahwah, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Care in Mahwah, NJ

I worked at THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP full-time for more than a year

Pros

People are all very nice and supportive - almost like a "we're in this together" mentality
    The decor is beautiful

Cons

Upper management fails to listen to the needs of their people. They often come to town and don't even stop into the office to show their faces.
    Human Resources is completely out of touch. Under staffed and not equipped to handle issues
    Long hours, very low wages for industry standards
    Limited room for growth

Trust in the people you hire. Not everything you say or do is right.

THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP Response

Jun 9, 2014Group HR Director

Posted on Behalf of Bill Duffy,
    Thank you for your feedback and I am very sorry to hear that you feel that you weren’t being listened to during your time with us. We endeavor to foster a very
    ... More

Worked for THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP? Contribute to the Community!