THINK Together
www.thinktogether.org Santa Ana, CA

THINK Together Reviews

Updated Apr 7, 2014

Randy Barth

Pros:
  • "The organization is truly making a difference in the lives of the students in the communities they serve"
    in 4 reviews
  • "The best reason to work for THINK Together is to have a chance to change the lives of children in all socio-ecomonic backgrounds"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "There's no such thing as a misbehaved child at this company only bad Program Leaders"
    in 13 reviews
  • "The Quality Assurance Coaches are intimidating and love to show up at your job to catch you on anything and everything"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great if you want to teach

Program Leader (Former Employee)

I worked at THINK Together part-time for less than a year

ProsHelping out the kids
Working with great staff

ConsNeed better training for junior high

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to have instructors speak more about the junior high experience with program leaders who are interested in working with jr. High.

Perfect career experience for a student, especially in education.

Program Leader (Current Employee)
Colton, CA

I have been working at THINK Together part-time for more than a year

ProsGet to work with kids, make an impact in children's lives, opportunities to advance career, lenient with college students and their schedule, great morals and values as a company

ConsNot enough pay for the amount of responsibility required. Student to employee ratio is a little high. A lot of days off such as holidays, spring break, and winter break.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe ratio of student to Program Leader should be reduced to be able to provide better service and more one-to-one attention to each student.

Best place I worked.

I have been working at THINK Together

ProsTeaching, Helping, Inspiring, Nurturing Kids

ConsLack of money and budget

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease don't give up

I left work irritated and annoyed everyday without a doubt

Program Leader (Former Employee)
Ontario, CA

I worked at THINK Together part-time for more than a year

Prosyou get hours for pointless trainings and meeting
its okay to show up late

Conssite coordinators are very cliquish, gossip about program leaders.
don't praise certain people.
cheap on hours
ridiculous demands of time management
expect you to do things that the site coordinator was supposed to do
cut hours without notice

Advice to Senior Managementmake sure all employees feel important
check up on SC's they slack a lot
give more hours to employees (3.5 hours is ridiculous)

disappointed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at THINK Together part-time for less than a year

ProsNice Vision, some very nice people . Great Co. if your looking for minimal growth opportunities

ConsManagement is terrible. No sense of customer service or professionalism. There are unfair work practices, and they do not provide a good training for new comers. They are a very difficult company to work for because coaching is limited, and if you need a bit of coaching they will try and get you to quit. It is sooo sad that the higher ups no longer remember what the organization represents. Company culture is bad as well, it is not a great place to work if you want to be positive person, or happy. Basically, its not what you think you would experience working for an organization that is geared toward the upward mobility of low income and lower achieving youth. Very unfortunate that this is what are youth are getting these days.
-High TURNOVER also...wonder why?

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a walk in the shoes of the lower down employees. Provide accurate training to newcomers, get rid of RUDE staff who work in the office. It's very unprofessional to have people in positions of power who do not want to be there. And even more unprofessional to have persons work there who have very negative attitudes and who are in coaching positions, but refuse to coach. ADVICE: Evaluate who you want representing your organization. As a NPO image/branding is everything right? Also, train higher ups to speak to employees like they are human and to act more professional (e.g. no eye rolling, staring down employees, yelling at employees, ignoring phone calls, not following dress code etc..). I suggest having office staff come into the field so they are reminded why they do what they do. If not, I worry that such a great Co. will go downhill quick!

Positive, Upbeat Atmosphere While Making A Difference!

I have been working at THINK Together full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe organization is truly making a difference in the lives of the students in the communities they serve. Students have a safe place to go and have people who genuinely care about the students. While working here you really see the difference that is being made in families lives everyday due to the passion and the positive attitude of the staff. I love coming to work.

ConsAs a non-profit, the budget is tight which makes it difficult at times.

Excited to come to work everyday!

Program Staff (Current Employee)

I have been working at THINK Together full-time for more than a year

ProsI feel that I have the opportunity to make a difference everyday. The work that is being done at THINK Together is leading the industry in after-school. I have learned so much that I know I will utlize in future jobs.

ConsThe work is hard but it is worth it. The only thing I woudl want is more time to get my class ready.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep at it! Please keep the new and innovative ideas coming!

I can't wait to find another job

Site Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at THINK Together full-time for more than 3 years

ProsParents and kids are appreciative of what you do for them. You get to meet a lot of people who genuinely care about making a difference excluding the Hub office people

ConsThis place is depressing. It's a good thing they offer health insurance because the overwhelming amount of stress will lead you to the doctors office at least once a month. The quality assurance coaches are the biggest bullies in this company. Any complaints sent to human resources will backfire. I'm currently looking for another job as is several other employees. I've worked in a lot of school based programs and by far this is one of the most immoral, disrespectful, degrading, abusive place to be. Stay away trust me!!

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is the problem. What advice can I give you? Fire yourselves? There is no way this company will survive unless the CEO steps in and cleans house.

It is what it is...way below average work environment

Site Coordinator (Former Employee)

I worked at THINK Together full-time for more than a year

ProsFamilies truly benifit from extended school day hours
Intention behind program is positive but execution is not realistic

ConsThis company tolerates all forms of harassment spewed from management towards frontline employees (coordinators and program leaders). Retaliation against anyone who files a complaint by being bullied into quitting ( myself included). Inappropriate personal relationships between QAC's and their direct subordinates. Bias HR. Hostile and negative environment is an everyday norm. High employee turn over rate. I don't understand the 5 star reviews....the company has a lot of people working Madia control in order to keep the comp at image clean..but that's just what it is "image" a mirage. Only people who work in the frontline's can tell you what it really is....a terrible company with the potential of being a great company if it weren't for the magaement team.

Advice to Senior ManagementTruly take the time to listen to your frontline people. Review any complaints from employees and conduct unbiased investigation. There is a reason why there is a high turn over rate and it's not because you hire young people who's schedule changes.

Making the world a better place!

Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at THINK Together full-time for more than a year

ProsKnowing that you're making a difference, not only, in children's lives but in the lives of their parents and your life as well.

ConsWorkload, as any non-profit, sometimes seems more than the pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep a great vision!

Worked for THINK Together? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at THINK Together reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for THINK Together CEO Randy Barth. All 72 reviews posted anonymously by THINK Together employees.