THINK Together Reviews

Reset

1. Fun Work Environment

Former Employee - Tutor in La Puente, CA
    Former Employee - Tutor in La Puente, CA

I worked at THINK Together part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a friendly work environment, and it's a perfect workplace to hone your leadership and communications skills.

Cons

Sometimes the children were stubborn and gave me a hard time in terms of teaching them because they didn't want to listen to me.

Advice to Management

I recommend to first establish classroom objectives and to listen to the student's needs.

2. I absolutely love my job!

Current Employee - Program Leader in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Program Leader in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at THINK Together

Pros

It adds Variety to your day
    Excellent experience
    Making a difference with all of the kids
    Growth opportunities available if you're interested in moving up

Cons

It's Part time all the time unless you move up to Site Coordinator.
    There really isn't a lot of time to prepare for your lessons, so you never really feel like you're giving a quality lesson delivery, unless you've been there for a while.

Advice to Management

Listen to your team. Always make sure you praise your team. Don't always find something wrong with their program. Try to look for the good, and if there is a red flag, then talk with them about it. I think looking for positive things when being observed instead of looking for negative things will really make a difference in the team who follows your leadership. Your team will work hard for someone who they feel appreciates them and their hard work.

3. We don't get paid enough to do the work we do.

Current Employee - Program Leader in San Bernardino, CA
    Current Employee - Program Leader in San Bernardino, CA

I have been working at THINK Together

Pros

The kids! I love my students so much. When I started I didn't have a patient bone in my body, but what can I say? These kids grow on you.

Cons

11 dollars an hour is not enough compensation by any means.
    They don't give enough time for prep. A half hour is not enough time to prep for a week of lessons and still be expected to do a good job.

Advice to Management

Make it worth our while. Probably wouldn't have such a high turnover rate of that was the case.

5. heartless company and poor communication

Former Employee - Program Leader
    Former Employee - Program Leader

I worked at THINK Together part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

initial experience with children was rough but it prepared me to become a teacher

Cons

management, confusing and unclear expectations, ridiculous expectations, lack of staff training, rude coordinators, unhelpful coordinators, poor pay, lack of resources, charter-school like mentality, for profit mentality it's all about the $$$ and not the kids enrichment.

Advice to Management

Support the growth and development of your employees with fair evaluation and feedback. Create a plan similar to teachers, they get a number of evaluations that are administered to show evidence of effectiveness or ineffectiveness. OR MODEL YOURSELF AFTER THE YMCA AND ACTUALLY GOOD EDUCATION BASED ORGANIZATION THAT CARES ABOUT THEIR STAFF AND CHILDREN.

Site Coordinator

I have been working at THINK Together

Pros

The work with children is truly valuable. This is an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children.

Cons

The company is cutting hours and expecting an unrealistic amount and quality of work for the pay. The stress is overwhelming from the management with no real support offered.

Advice to Management

If you are unable to give more hours to your coordinators than you need to honestly cut the workload. Do not expect the same quality of a 30 hour coordinator as you did from an exempt employee.

Unrealistic Expectations and Unfair Treatment of Site Coordinators and Other Employees

Former Employee - Site Coordinator in Moreno Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Site Coordinator in Moreno Valley, CA

I worked at THINK Together full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working closely with the school staff and faculty, getting to know the parents of your students, working with children.

Cons

EVERYTHING ELSE.

You are faced with unrealistic expectations, and if you fail to meet any of them (of course without having undergone the proper training), you are penalized and made to feel about as small as a cricket.

No one is on your side. About anything. They are more worried about protecting the company image than backing up the loyal, hard-working employees they have.

QAC's are basically paid to visit you once in a while but not really train or help you. QAC's act like high-school age children, laughing and giggling amongst themselves and showing little interest in your problems. But, the moment the GM acknowledges that problem and brings it to the QAC, they will throw you under the bus. And quickly. Don't get me started about Home Office. God forbid you call and try to work out an issue with a superior. They will NOT offer any help or advice. They do not know you on a personal level, so they feel they can give you the brush off and you will just disappear. They just sweep you and your problems under the rug.

There are not enough resources available to make your site run effectively and efficiently. And no one helps you figure that out, either. You will, however, be called out if it does not meet THINK standards, despite you asking for help in areas that you are lacking.

There is no guidance.

There is no loyalty.

There is no honesty.

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY. They only care about the numbers and awards and recognition they receive from the communities. They do NOT care about their employees and they sure don't care about the kids.

Advice to Management

Actually MANAGE your employees. Help them, don't belittle them. My own QAC (who I worked for prior to working for THINK) talked about me behind my back to my peers (other Site Coordinators) and treated me unfairly and very poorly in front of them. It was humiliating and degrading. When I when to HR, the only thing I got was eventually fired. Thanks a bunch, THINK Together.

PL

I have been working at THINK Together

Pros

Summer hours and nice site coordinators

Cons

Pay and lack of yearly hours

It's Like getting a Masters in Management and Leadership

Former Employee - Site Coordinator in San Bernardino, CA
    Former Employee - Site Coordinator in San Bernardino, CA

I worked at THINK Together full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Allowed for individuality in how you managed your site. Appreciated frank discourse about policies and procedures. Gave you autonomy

Cons

At times middle management got in the way

Advice to Management

Allow Site Coordinators to earn more. Don't just promote them as a way to earn more.

Fast pace demanding work.

Former Employee - Program Leader in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Program Leader in Sacramento, CA

I worked at THINK Together part-time (More than a year)

Pros

employee collaboration of events and activities. Working in schools allows for continuous interpersonal development for relationship and communication strengthening.

Cons

Compensation is not based on experience or education. Demanding...not a place to work if personal needs become an issue. Not compassionate regarding employees health.

Advice to Management

Young staff and college students with a passion for education or retirees.

11. Mission Driven Company

I have been working at THINK Together

Pros

The company values hard working and dedicated employees. The best part is serving the kids and their families.

Cons

There is not enough time each day to do all that we want to do to help kids.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

RSS Feed </> Embed